F2P and Recruit Gear.....

beattlebilly

Do they not get the free bag of Recruit Gear when they hit 50?

last i heard it was no. which is a bad move on bioware's part. tough to get people to subscribe when they have no shot in hell of enjoying PvP w/out even recruit gear

considering that its a blue non modifiable set...it is ideal for FTP to get it since they can only wear blues unless they unlock artifact anyways.

Yet another idiotic restriction on FTP which all but guarantees no FTP player would ever want to sub based on the play sample they receive.

They make the game so unattractive for FTP players, and bilk subscribers for even more money.

The EAidiots are running the asylum.

Makes sense to me.

F2P is for the storyline missions. If you want to do anything else they expect you to subscribe.

PvP is for subscribers, the only games they let F2P do are bait to get them to subscribe.

"First ones free. But if you want more yo have a get money."

Edited by Kerensk

This upsets me greatly. I see many players enter warzones in only green level 40 gear almost every day. In the past I have politely and patiently whispered to each and every one of them that they can pick up a free set of recruit gear from the PvP terminal, but it appears those efforts were wasted. This is probably one of the more idiotic restrictions I have seen as far as F2P goes. Edited by Jenzali

I have been subscribed to this game for months and will never go f2p myself. I would BEG Bioware to give recruit gear to f2p players. Its not endgame gear, as a sub I see no reason why they shouldn't get it. I am so tired of seeing players with level 40 greens. I don't want them on my team, I don't even want them on the other team. Give them the recruit gear and let them have a chance at staying alive for more than one second. Then you can encourage them to subscribe and buy WH and EWH. Honestly just having to wear the hideous recruit gear would be enough for me to want to sub and get modifiable gear.

No, you get to complete the quest, but cannot choose the award, it's a systematic thing, F2Pers cannot choose boxes as quest awards (like from the lowbie daily).

On top of that, if you role play a neutral character, you will end up not being able to equip any relics since F2Pers can't use artifact gear.

You can still buy the blue stuff individually though.

Edited by anwg

Here's the only thing i can think of for an f2p

An f2p player at lvl 50 can spend a day or two farming belsavis dailies upon hitting 50 so he can get recruit gear.

1-2 more dailies for buying artifact gear unlock off the gtn

so about 2-4 days before he starts farming for WH

Still... I wish It was better for f2p people.

dropping 4.99 to switch to preferred is a must.

Edited by GARhenus

There are actually players that are F2P and make it to 50? You guys are truly hardcore because that is a terrible gaming experience...

Should give you free WH gear for making it to 50F2P!

Most of them treat it like a single player game with chat... oh wait..

This shows how much EAware really cares about PVP:

I was teamed in CW the other day with 3 F2Pers, all with zero expertise gear.

Anyone want to guess how that warzone turned out? :(

EAware, either don't allow F2Pers in 50 warzones at all or give them the recruit gear.

Don't ruin my (a subscriber!) warzones by being petty! :mad:

Edited by Totaltrash

As pointed out above i'm sure, while they may not get a free set of recruit gear thrown at them. And it sucks to see a Sorcerer with 12.5k in a 50 warzone, there's nothing stopping them from going to Ilum or Belsalvis. The gear in terms of 50's dailys, is a couple of hours. Unless of course ftp can't do dailys either. Edited by Calitri

There are people at 50 who are not preferred? I though it was pretty much a no brainer to go preferred considering all the stuff you get.

No but seriously, give recruit gear to f2players. Oh and possibly increase the stats a bit. We want them to have a taste at wzs, not a taste at eating dirt.

What's the problem again? Couple of months back we all had to go through the process of buying recruit gear, how is it suddenly such a huge issue? Do F2P get reduced credits from quests? If they manage to get their asses to 50 with the stupid XP reduction, they should be able to get the recruit gear with no problems, no?

Not defending the horrible F2P model BW and EA devised, but this really isn't an issue of being F2P, just as it wasn't an issue when everybody had to buy the gear.

As I remember, the recruit set cost something like a total of 270k back in the day.

F2P currency cap is what, 350k?

If I was F2P, yeah I'd balk at the thought of spending 77% of my max currency limit too. Especially considering how badly recruit gear sucks. The least BW could've done was give it the endurance of the phased-out BM set so maybe there is some hope of surviving a double smash if a healer catches it in time. I can understand the logic of needing to gear grind to get the big hits and numbers, but jeez at least give the entry level a shot at surviving more than 2 GCDs.

But since BW insists on adding new tiers of gear without updating recruit gear to keep the gap at least somewhat manageable, there really isn't much point in getting recruit gear UNLESS it's handed to you for free. As a sub, I don't want people with lvl 40 greens in my warzone, but I don't want people in recruit gear in my warzone, either. Yes recruit is better than the level 40 greens but the numbers I have to heal through in warzones have grown large enough that the practical difference isn't that great--either is a waste of a heal. And the restrictions on F2P gear make this sub's warzones far less enjoyable when I'm stuck with them for my 4 pugs, Force forbid I have to solo queue and risk getting 6-7 ftpers on my team. I consider BM a bare minimum, but we don't have that anymore...

And what self-respecting F2Per would EVER buy a wz pass after "sampling" a roflstomp because the best gear he can equip (and let's face it, bantha dung is more useful in PVP, maybe you can craft it into a stun grenade) under the restrictions COST 77% OF THE CREDITS HE IS ALLOWED TO HAVE?

If recruit gear is to remain as crappy as it is presently, it needs to be free to all, including f2pers. It's so crappy it simply isn't worth expending a f2per's scarce resources on.

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

How long did you say you've been PvPing for? Cuz from what I hear it sounds like you've just started.

Without logging in to check I think my main is at valor rank 68. Sometimes I pvp because I actually want to have a well balanced match. That's not going to happen if we're in pvp gear and the enemy team is wearing 40 greens. I would much rather lose a match 0-10 than win 600-0.

As I remember, the recruit set cost something like a total of 270k back in the day.

F2P currency cap is what, 350k?

If I was F2P, yeah I'd balk at the thought of spending 77% of my max currency limit too. Especially considering how badly recruit gear sucks. The least BW could've done was give it the endurance of the phased-out BM set so maybe there is some hope of surviving a double smash if a healer catches it in time. I can understand the logic of needing to gear grind to get the big hits and numbers, but jeez at least give the entry level a shot at surviving more than 2 GCDs.

But since BW insists on adding new tiers of gear without updating recruit gear to keep the gap at least somewhat manageable, there really isn't much point in getting recruit gear UNLESS it's handed to you for free. As a sub, I don't want people with lvl 40 greens in my warzone, but I don't want people in recruit gear in my warzone, either. Yes recruit is better than the level 40 greens but the numbers I have to heal through in warzones have grown large enough that the practical difference isn't that great--either is a waste of a heal. And the restrictions on F2P gear make this sub's warzones far less enjoyable when I'm stuck with them for my 4 pugs, Force forbid I have to solo queue and risk getting 6-7 ftpers on my team. I consider BM a bare minimum, but we don't have that anymore...

And what self-respecting F2Per would EVER buy a wz pass after "sampling" a roflstomp because the best gear he can equip (and let's face it, bantha dung is more useful in PVP, maybe you can craft it into a stun grenade) under the restrictions COST 77% OF THE CREDITS HE IS ALLOWED TO HAVE?

If recruit gear is to remain as crappy as it is presently, it needs to be free to all, including f2pers. It's so crappy it simply isn't worth expending a f2per's scarce resources on.

Funny right? Now take into consideration that they pay everything 25% more, so the recruit gear is actually over budget for them.

Recruit gear should be given to f2p, and it should be 3 ratings behind WH. Now they can get a serious taste of how pvp really is.

Funny right? Now take into consideration that they pay everything 25% more, so the recruit gear is actually over budget for them.

Recruit gear should be given to f2p, and it should be 3 ratings behind WH. Now they can get a serious taste of how pvp really is.

You've GOT to be kidding. This is far worse than even I thought. Upon returning to this game I re-subbed so I could get my PVP fix.

The fail is strong with this cashshop. :rolleyes: