Have you ever..?

Xanikk

Yes, indeed. 2 for me, both my male scoundrel and assassin. What they say, the way they say it, their alignment, and of course the backstory I have for them. It all comes together. Sometimes I feel like an invisible companion who has been following them around, though most other times I imagine I "am" them.

I really don't mind doing character romances while genderbending, just project myself onto the NPC. I don't see why a lot of people have to skip class romance if they make an opposite gender character, unless they fall in love with their character and get jealous when their character starts flirting with companions. :o

Edited by Stenrik

Nope, females don't do it for me. :p Never happened with any of my male characters either, though. I like to play male characters, but all the ones I make are the sort that would be placed squarely in the Friend Zone if they were real people. xD

I don't think it is that strange is someone gets a bit of a crush on one of their characters, though. With the stories and voiceovers on this game, our characters really become "characters", so it's sorta like having a crush on Lara Croft or something.

Yes and I think it is weird too. There is a difference between RP and actually saying you would mary a character over a real person anyday.

What bounds are we placing on this marriage, though?

That is to say, if the character became real? If you became a character in whatever particular world it is? Or if you, as a real life person, married pixels?

Because if the first two... Yeah. :o

Edit:

How could I ever choose a toon over my current girlfriend. I mean, look at her, she's beautiful!!

My girlfriend

Whoa, that wench is cheating on me!

Edited by Thaed

What bounds are we placing on this marriage, though?

That is to say, if the character became real? If you became a character in whatever particular world it is? Or if you, as a real life person, married pixels?

Because if the first two... Yeah. :o

Read his post again:

Rolled a female toon and ended up falling in love with them?

I would marry my twilek sith sorcerer over any real life person. lol

There is no mention of if she was real, or if he turned into a character in the game, but that he would marry them over a real person any day. He has already set the limit and that is in the area of marrying pixels. It may not have been his intent however that is how it reads and all we have to go on.

If it was "If my character was a real person then I would marry her/him" then we would be in a completely different situation and conversation. However given the current OP then it does reach the realm of creepy to me.

Mind you it's not as weird as some I have heard of, apparently a woman "married" a building she has been a cleaner in for years. Ah found it:

http://weeklyworldnews.com/headlines/43297/woman-marries-building/

Read his post again:

There is no mention of if she was real, or if he turned into a character in the game, but that he would marry them over a real person any day. He has already set the limit and that is in the area of marrying pixels. It may not have been his intent however that is how it reads and all we have to go on.

If it was "If my character was a real person then I would marry her/him" then we would be in a completely different situation and conversation. However given the current OP then it does reach the realm of creepy to me.

Mind you it's not as weird as some I have heard of, apparently a woman "married" a building she has been a cleaner in for years. Ah found it:

http://weeklyworldnews.com/headlines/43297/woman-marries-building/

The reader has a 50% say in what the text means. My interpretation assumed that the bounds weren't directly set.

Gotta put this Bachelor of Arts to use somewhere :/

Rolled a female toon and ended up falling in love with them?

I would marry my twilek sith sorcerer over any real life person. lol

If I ever did..I would seek help. Plus I like to RP my char when I play and I cannot role play a female because I are none. :p