Really imps .. 55 PVP is horrid.

xscott

Do Imps win .. ever?

I went like 4 and 25 the last 2 nights since I transferred here. I think I just made a huge mistake.

not talkin ranked, or GOOD teams .. just average PUG imp disaster .. utterly want my cartel coins back.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im actually really surprised by this thread i had a 55 sniper here before transfers and i would win 99% of my matches playing solo. I even finished the weekly in 9 games. I transfered my gunslinger and sentinel here and ive lost more then half my matches. It took me about 25 games to finish the weekly lol . I feel the only time the republic wins is if there is a premade or if its pub vs pub. Maybe i just need to make more friends to play with here lol In all fairness tho i transfered a few toons to pot5 and the regs were just as bad there only diffrence is there wernt as many ppl wearing pve gear i could hit for 12k lol

If you solo que as imp, you're going to have a bad bad time! So many People do not read ops chat, defend or cc. They just tunnel for deathmatch. Tremendous amount of quitters as well. Which makes it hard when against good troop/ghost infantry. They're nice guys though and have given props for solo queing

I have been playing SWTOR since beta. I have had to make the server move from Empress Tita to Harbinger. This server has been a pretty good place. My husband and our friends only PVP and craft. Please stay and try to work it out. I have characters at level 55 and lower on both sides and sometimes it feels like both sides are a disaster.

Welcome here and I look forward to playing with you new people. We have small guilds on both sides. They are for friends and we do group when we are around. We also try to be very supportive to people in the guild that either don't have the level of crafters or time to make the items they need to improve gear. We find more success when we group in teams of 3 - 4.:cool:

If you solo que as imp, you're going to have a bad bad time! So many People do not read ops chat, defend or cc. They just tunnel for deathmatch. Tremendous amount of quitters as well. Which makes it hard when against good troop/ghost infantry. They're nice guys though and have given props for solo queing

Yea haven't one a match lately when I didn't have at least 2 other guildies on vent communicating.

Do Imps win .. ever?

I went like 4 and 25 the last 2 nights since I transferred here. I think I just made a huge mistake.

not talkin ranked, or GOOD teams .. just average PUG imp disaster .. utterly want my cartel coins back.

yes, leave. the imps here have become terrible. all the good players left or transferred early on. lack of teamwork, early quitters at the moment of resistance form opposing side, every match is turned into a death match and worst of all, every1 thinks themselves too OP to stand guard for a few minutes.

anyway, the transferes also created a huge imbalcne to where its constant wargames against your teammates which presents the same issues: premade imp groups rofl-stomping imp pugs. This is actually on POT5 just adding in. the game is just going down sadly

Edited by Zeph_

yes, leave. the imps here have become terrible. all the good players left or transferred early on. lack of teamwork, early quitters at the moment of resistance form opposing side, every match is turned into a death match and worst of all, every1 thinks themselves too OP to stand guard for a few minutes.

anyway, the transferes also created a huge imbalcne to where its constant wargames against your teammates which presents the same issues: premade imp groups rofl-stomping imp pugs. This is actually on POT5 just adding in. the game is just going down sadly

Losing a WZ is one thing, but losing to people not doing the simple things of calling incs (with numbers) and stopping ppl from capping repeatedly is another.

The problem in Harbinger is that a few lack of commitment of doing a WZ, it turns to stupid DM fest because nobody wants to do objectives and win and instead more interested in beating each other up.

I question this motive because it sounded like they should have joined a PvP server in the first place without even turning up to a WZ to do this. Hell they could join a Open World PvP and do this stuff. What I dont get is why they would join a WZ just do do exactly that, its like they wanted to ruin the experience for others to do what they wanted to do.

Ranked WZ is hard core with both individual and team skills.

Regular WZ was focus on team skill rather than individual skills.

Dueling is about individual skills.

Open PvP is either more individual skills (ganking and griefing especially on 2+ vs 1 fights) than actual Team skills (when more than 2 people on each side battle).

But of course, everything is about numbers to certain people right?

BTW, premades only just make the problem more known because those are the ones trying to win rather than the individual, and a group trying to win WILL and CAN make the difference in PvP than the rest who are in the DM mode.

Edited by Zhaker

I've lost two matches since transferring, The quality of life player to player is poor but about the same from pot5 in terms of people being clueless about resolve, rotating, etc. You get your good players and your bad players on every server.

I might leave my other sorc on pot5 and xfrer my pvp gear over there because most WZ's I've been in have been real boring.

Ranked WZ is hard core with both individual and team skills.

Regular WZ was focus on team skill rather than individual skills.

Too the Ranked PVPer Regular WZ's is there for sharping individual skills that will help your team out in Ranked matches. If I need to work on something I do it in regular WZ's, so that when it comes to Ranked play I'm not testing any thing new out. Great example of this is operative rolls... I go into Regular War Zones and spend a decent amount of time rolling to an objective to sharpin' my skill doing it.

Regular War Zones are different things to different people... unfortunately to most its a team death match or a place to pad your stats... I would suggest that if you want team skill and objective focus game play, find a guild or group that takes part in Ranked War Zones.

As a person who often "swings both ways" (be quiet, you perv-o's!) I can say that I agree with this, but that it is also equally true on Pub-side.

Example:

I played all day yesterday just WZíng for the [DAILY] and [WEEKLY] to get my Dirty-Slinger fully PvP geared, and....

Rep-side: No wins --at all-- for seven. Freaking. Hours.

Not all the matches were total ROFLstomps, some were actually really fun and close, but Christ, people:

It really doesn't take much to realise that Huttball =/= solo-hero'ing death-match! Surely you people have WZ'ed before hitting 55 at least once? (Because despite what some may think, it is now easier than ever to level with just, or at least mostly PvP thanks to being able to trade WZ comms in for genericised panet-comms, and that class-story arcs often reward you with a complimentary XP booster. Do the bonus-series as well --they often reward with nice orange gear-- and you're laughing all the way to level-cap, where the real misery starts :/).

It got so bad that I eventually just rage-quit yet another scrub-infested Huttball match after telling my erstwhile team-mates what I thought, which is something I normally never do...Ugh, [/facepalm]!

Edited by midianlord

Too the Ranked PVPer Regular WZ's is there for sharping individual skills that will help your team out in Ranked matches. If I need to work on something I do it in regular WZ's, so that when it comes to Ranked play I'm not testing any thing new out. Great example of this is operative rolls... I go into Regular War Zones and spend a decent amount of time rolling to an objective to sharpin' my skill doing it.

Regular War Zones are different things to different people... unfortunately to most its a team death match or a place to pad your stats... I would suggest that if you want team skill and objective focus game play, find a guild or group that takes part in Ranked War Zones.

Yes and no, but right now since Bioware is going for arenas for 2.4 I think they given up on objective WZ. I think from observing people playing it ends up being a herp derp war fare, even MORE so on the newest battleground "Ancient Hypergates" because most battles are in the middle or on a pylon, there isnt real strategy but to pummel the other side.

The pros are leveling this season. I can see that in the sub-55 brackets; I've had ridiculously close games more often than not in all wzs. The latest example was a huttball that ended 3/3 in our favor on Sunday because we killed the opposing handler with 2s to spare! Both sides felt like a premade when I've sure its all random PUGs with 2-3 toons from the various pvp guilds on both sides.

55s is going to stink for a while because of 2xp and then just plain Legacy grinding in anticipation of the coming 'Wok.

I've been on this server since launch... I've also played both sides... It's always been streaky on both sides in all (regular warzones) brackets. I solo queue every night for about 4 hours and play around 8-10 warzones a night. Some nights it seems I can't loose and some nights I can't seem to win... Most nights I'm about 50-50.

I only pvp pub side and since 2.0 hit I've won about 75% of my regular 55 warzone queues against imperials whether I'm grouped with guildies or solo queueing. I remember before 2.0 when trying to queue in the evenings, you would run into so many imp premades it would make your head spin. Nowadays it seems like a lot of the strong imp competition has left and many of the premades are not nearly as intimidating anymore. I really no longer have any concerns about queueing in the evenings when imps used to dominate during that time. Maybe that's just me though, in pub vs pub it's more of 50/50 as far as winning goes Edited by Bunions

Seems like the only good matches anymore are pub vs pub... and I get a lot of those now.

There is no such thing as a Good PvP Match, done it enough times to the point there is no good match in existence. It's mostly one-sided