Strongholds on Kashyyyk, Manaan, and Alderaan!

Berekkerent

Here are three locations across the galaxy that I see as perfect choices for Bioware to develop into strongholds next. I will explain my reasoning at the end.

Kashyyyk: Allows for a tree house type of stronghold. More or less like Endor, but far more vast in scale, and is the world the mighty Wookie race calls home. Built around the massive tree trunks that can only be found on Kashyyyk, your tree house and other wookie homes surrounding it are the only sources of light, as the sky above is dark, and below is the even more dark and dangerous shadowlands. The entire stronghold would have a rustic, "everything is made of wood" type of feel. Very nostalgic to the original KOTOR game.

Manaan: Allows for a water based stronghold. You have access to rooms on the peaceful Manaan surface, and below, rooms that display the planet's deep and dangerous underwater depths. Probably unlikely, but an interesting feature idea: have a room that can only be accessed by crossing a small distance across the ocean floor, made possible by a stronghold exclusive set of underwater gear or something. Even if it were a relatively short or controlled path across, the fact that you can walk around and watch the silhouettes of the dangerous Manaan sharks lurking in the distance, among other things, is worth any cost for me.

Alderaan: Allows for a mansion/small castle looking stronghold. Based upon a cliffside, hill, etc, it would provide a magnificent view of Alderaan's beautiful landscape. This would be more of an expensive looking stronghold, with a possible courtyard leading up to what would be a very regal home that fits the style of royalty prevalent across this world. As modest on the interior as it is the exterior, the inside could contain a ballroom, tea room, dining room, and so on (Very classical in design.) I think you get the picture.

I chose these three locations because of their nostalgic value and also because they are very distinct and unique. First, Kashyyyk, the only planet you can have a tree house stronghold on, not mention living with wookies. Second, Manaan, the only planet you can have an underwater stronghold, (Not Naboo, I would rather die than live among Gungans) while keeping the strong sense of nostalgia from the original KOTOR present. A game, by the way, that SWTOR stemmed from. Thirdly, Alderaan, the only in-game established planet on which a castle/manor stronghold would make sense, and the world as a whole is nostalgic for obvious reasons...

I just feel like these would be smart ideas for Bioware to take into account and possibly follow through with once the initial strongholds expansion is released. Housing in this game has literally endless possibilities, and I hope Bioware takes full advantage of this fact! I know I would take these three ideas over that of a Quesh or Voss stronghold or something like that. REMEMBER YOUR ROOTS IN THE STAR WARS UNIVERSE, BIOWARE!

Thank you for reading, if you agree, support these ideas by leaving feedback. The more people who see it and comment, the more attention it gets, I suppose. Good day.

These are some great ideas! I personally would love to see a stronghold on Hoth. Some of the ice caves that you can find roaming around Hoth or Ilum are fantastic and would make for a nice basis for a stronghold. I would imagine it being more open (similar to Tatooine).

The second place I would love to see a stronghold on is Yavin 4. I love the planet and certainly brings back memories from the movies. They did a nice job on the planet for the dailies, but I would love to see a more expanded version.

My third choice would be Korriban/Tython, just because they are the starting planets for the sith/jedi and I would imagine many Siths would have a housing on Korriban.

Personally, although these ideas are great, I'd kind of like them to make some strongholds on Star Wars planets that we don't go to in the rest of the game. You'd only have to create a little bit of the world, just enough for a view from the windows. But it would be fun to think of living on Csilia or something rather than the places we've already been to.

Nice ideas but BW will choose some boring planet like OrdMantell and make there a boring stronghold without any idea behind it. And people will buy it and thus will make BW sure they go right way when they dont bother trying to surprise\make happy their customers. Sad but true. Edited by JainaShan

• 1 year later...
H

Alderaan: Allows for a mansion/small castle looking stronghold. Based upon a cliffside, hill, etc, it would provide a magnificent view of Alderaan's beautiful landscape. This would be more of an expensive looking stronghold, with a possible courtyard leading up to what would be a very regal home that fits the style of royalty prevalent across this world. As modest on the interior as it is the exterior, the inside could contain a ballroom, tea room, dining room, and so on (Very classical in design.) I think you get the picture.

This is exactly what I want in a stronghold! I'd love to see a beautiful balcony to provide the landscape view, and I need the courtyard to have garden arrangements, fountains, etc. Those Makeb gazebos or pergolas would be perfect here.

Nice ideas but BW will choose some boring planet like OrdMantell and make there a boring stronghold without any idea behind it. And people will buy it and thus will make BW sure they go right way when they dont bother trying to surprise\make happy their customers. Sad but true.

You have so much right. I can already see a new stronghold on zakuul or odessen... It might be nice. but you just can't compare a manaan stronghold with an odessen one..

• 2 weeks later...
I think a half-underwater Manaan stronghold would be the coolest thing. I was rooting for a Rishi stronghold, but now that we already have a tropical stronghold in Yavin, I think somewhere with a little more difference in climate (e.g., Alderaan) makes more sense for the next stronghold.

Manaan: Allows for a water based stronghold. You have access to rooms on the peaceful Manaan surface, and below, rooms that display the planet's deep and dangerous underwater depths. Probably unlikely, but an interesting feature idea: have a room that can only be accessed by crossing a small distance across the ocean floor, made possible by a stronghold exclusive set of underwater gear or something. Even if it were a relatively short or controlled path across, the fact that you can walk around and watch the silhouettes of the dangerous Manaan sharks lurking in the distance, among other things, is worth any cost for me.

I'd do anything for them to add a Manaan one. I've been wanting that so bad ever since I saw the first one, even recommended it in every suggestions post I've made

• 3 weeks later...

Why are people so gung-ho on Alderaan stronghold? In theory sounds nice,but what you would get is Coruscant/Dromund Kass 2.0 version,where you'd have forest and mountians (which I love,but hate everything else about Alderaan ) for view instead of city. Plus it' s all politics,so only real palaces are ones of "noble" houses. And I very much doubt you'd get starship hook.

Manaan on other hand is perfect choice for new stronghold. You can have everything there. Beautiful view,new stronghold with amazing design. Just look at Manaan flashpoint and see,how beautiful it is..

Kashyyyk also sounds nice in theory,but you'd lack centerpiece hooks and starship hook. It'd be very hard to pull off.

I would love a Manaan stronghold, but only if the underwater windows look out on something interesting. It can't just be endless water or a field of seaweed. There would need to be a large variety of interesting sea creatures (perhaps done like a slow-moving version of the traffic on Coruscant, only with "fish"). Some of the larger critters ought to swim by once in a great while, like the balloon or sand crawler on Tatooine. If they're clever, they'll give us some hooks right outside the windows, where we can place statues, underwater vehicles, sea critters, ruins, and so forth.

I would absolutely love a stronghold on Alderaan. I would want it to be high up on a cliff, with several balconies overlooking the snowy landscape. I would like ramps/stairs instead of elevators that cause zoning between the levels. On the ground floor, we could have an expansive courtyard and also be able to decorate some of the woods beyond. This would make it the ultimate combination of Nar Shaddaa (high view), Yavin 4 (outdoor hooks), and Coruscant/DK (balconies, stairways).

To make the Alderaan stronghold particularly interesting, it could have a Day/Night cycle and/or slowly changing weather. Day/Night would be my preference if we could only have one. If a cycle won't work, perhaps it could just be a twilight or night landscape. (NOT orange-tinted sunset like Tatooine. I hate everything being bathed in dull orange dimness.)

Here are three locations across the galaxy that I see as perfect choices for Bioware to develop into strongholds next. I will explain my reasoning at the end.

RS UNIVERSE, BIOWARE!

Thank you for reading, if you agree, support these ideas by leaving feedback. The more people who see it and comment, the more attention it gets, I suppose. Good day.

Dude,

I am just waiting for a Manaan Stronghold!

The idea I had was to also have the outside balcony be a t water level and the stronghold, like Nar SHaddaa floats in the air, always floating with the tide. So part of the balcony has water on it and part of it is dry, but it's very clear that it's at water level.

I agree that an access to an underwater place accessible only by underwater gear would be brilliant, or a sub for that matter. Or even an underwater tunnel. You have rooms underwater, room above water level, and a passage that takes you deep down and you walk in a tunnel of glass. Beyond that tunnel's doors you are in water.

Or something like that.

I'd buy Manaan. I'd consider Kashyyk.

Something dreadful tells me though that the next stronghold is going to be Zakkul.

Something dreadful tells me though that the next stronghold is going to be Zakkul.

If there's even going to be next stronghold at all. Seeing how succesful the decorations are in driving gameplay reward incentive and Cartel Packs sales, one would think they would be adding new strongholds way more often than once a year. Nothing was even hinted at so obviously there won't be one coming out in the next 2/3 months and that's a year after Yavin and 2 years since Strongholds launched

Edited by Pietrastor

If there's even going to be next stronghold at all. Seeing how succesful the decorations are in driving gameplay reward incentive and Cartel Packs sales, one would think they would be adding new strongholds way more often than once a year. Nothing was even hinted at so obviously there won't be one coming out in the next 2/3 months and that's a year after Yavin and 2 years since Strongholds launched

:confused: Me cries but methinks you're right.

They need to up their game and add more strongholds, like seriously man!

I really wish we'd get another one announced for the summer. Maybe on May 4, they'll announce an upcoming one - or maybe they'll have a surprise unveiling of a new one with no warning.

I am also surprised they're not doing more of them. As long as they do them on existing planets they can benefit from asset re-use. I don't know how long it takes to design a new SH but surely it's faster than designing a new KOTFE chapter? They know people a.) buy SHs with CCs; b.) buy general or deco packs from the CM, so they get real money from them. The only thing I can think of is they don't want to go over 5 now that 5 is the active limit.