Operations group layouts -- specifically 16 man Ops

I wish they'd enable the forum search again as I'm sure this information is here somewhere, but here goes...

In Operations, whats the standard group layout supposed to look like? Am I correct in assuming an 8-man would be 2 tanks, 2 heals, 4 dps? If so, what should the layout of a 16-man Op be?

Edited by Tyranthus

I wish they'd enable the forum search again as I'm sure this information is here somewhere, but here goes...

In Operations, whats the standard group layout supposed to look like? Am I correct in assuming an 8-man would be 2 tanks, 2 heals, 4 dps? If so, what should the layout of a 16-man Op be?

it's probably not universal for all 16 man / 8 man fights, you might want only one tank on certain ones. on others, depending on gear/familiarity/amount of adds/etc, you might want 2 offtanks?

i'd expect a 16 man flashpoint to typically mean 2 tanks, 3-4 heals, 10-11 dps, thereabouts.

but i'm curious as well if anyone's done a # of 16 man ops.

I'm curious, Given the Nightmare ect even for single boss fights, wouldn't you want 2 tanks at least given the way taunt works? -30% damage to attack a different target from both tanks at the same time would seriously diminish the bosses damage output. but I suppose that might be a mechanic for specific moments on certain bosses.

I'm curious, Given the Nightmare ect even for single boss fights, wouldn't you want 2 tanks at least given the way taunt works? -30% damage to attack a different target from both tanks at the same time would seriously diminish the bosses damage output. but I suppose that might be a mechanic for specific moments on certain bosses.

If you taunt the boss, the boss will attack you, thus will not suffer from the 30% damage debuff. That's what taunt does; force themob to attack you.

The 30% debuff only really works for pvp, where if you taunt another player, that person STILL can choose to attack something else, thus creating the 30% debuff.

Simple n00b question here, but, how do you start a 16 man op in the game? Is there a special spot to go to on a planet to acquire the quest for the world boss?

Nope, just form a party, right click on your portrate and click convert to ops group. Also i was in a group that took out the Alderann boss new years eve and we had 20 peeps in our ops group, the max is 24 not 16.