GTN "Hot Items"

jnrose

Hello,

Currently what hot items are selling on the GTN?

Armors seem to be the most pricey but I know the Crates are high as well.

What items turn the best profit, armor sets, mounts , crates or something else I'm not aware of?

Any insight or advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Hello,

I've been watching the GTN for a bit and I'm looking to generate profit from the market.

What advice do you have?

Watching armors, crates, mounts, or something else?

Also,

I have a few $100,000,000 to spend but I wish to invest and build more wealth.

I would be more than grateful to hear any recommendations and or advice.

Thank you,

Hello,

Currently what hot items are selling on the GTN?

Armors seem to be the most pricey but I know the Crates are high as well.

What items turn the best profit, armor sets, mounts , crates or something else I'm not aware of?

Any insight or advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Would depend on what server you are on for one. Two, the only real way to know that is to watch & keep a list of items selling. Playing the GTN "game" is something you learn to do over time.

Hypercrates do seem to sell decently. But for other items it's supply & demand. Sometimes you may have to sit on an item for a period of time before you can make a profit on it.

From my experience, weapons (cosmetic) and decorations can easily be made a profit from.

Just watch how the market works on each item.

No matter what, It's a gamble, the market can always suddenly change on an item, depends on if a person wishes to ruin it.

So a large amount of investments is highly unrecommended.

You can always try to buy cartel market crates and keep them for some months while the profit is growing.

Black and Black Dyes. I always sell them at 35 mil. I can't keep them in stock. Even with fools undercutting from 15-22 mil. LoL they don't even know what they are missing out on.

Character name changes always sell quickly

60, 65 and 70 tokens sell hot.

Legacy name change sells as well

Companion Gift sell quickly too

Siesmic Grenades

Those 5 items alone have gotten me 3 billion very quickly.

I could craft but these items sell big and I can't keep them in stock. LoL

Edited by Liquor

Black and Black Dyes. I always sell them at 35 mil. I can't keep them in stock. Even with fools undercutting from 15-22 mil. LoL they don't even know what they are missing out on.

Character name changes always sell quickly

60, 65 and 70 tokens sell hot.

Legacy name change sells as well

Companion Gift sell quickly too

Siesmic Grenades

Those 5 items alone have gotten me 3 billion very quickly.

I could craft but these items sell big and I can't keep them in stock. LoL

Most of those require using real money to do though.

I’ve found that most of the old armor sets I’ve been holding onto to sell, have been getting cheaper and cheaper. While armor at the more expensive end is getting more and more expensive.

There is hardly any middle ground anymore, which makes playing the GTN with gear very difficult if you don’t already have 100s millions of credits or you aren’t willing to spend real money.

The way to make credits on the GTN is to sell rare mats or have a strangle hold on crafting high value dyes or Augments.

Edited by Totemdancer

Hi,

I got your comment from earlier on the "cm suggestion" forum and I redirected myself here.

If people are paying real money and if that is true then that's a problem. I did discuss this on the suggestion forum but $40.00 is way too much for 5000 cc.

Anyways thank you everyone for input!

If all works well it's the s******* of items I offer that are hot! :-) (like 420 over 5 chars at most times if I am not TOO annoyed by the stupid too short 3 day period the auctions expire after...)

Ok, seriously, most things were already mentioned I think.

246 Relics and Implants sell good, as well as hilts and barrels. Flagship enrypotions, pve space mission level 7 gear, especially the non craftable ones but the craftable items too (just not even remotely that expansive), flairs, tunings, different kind of cosmetic armor (Jori Daragon, etc. pp- a lot, too many to list here), 240 augments, the list goes on....

Edited by Khaleg

It's part of the game and it can be fun just to see how irrational some market participants act - I'd actually say unmatched stupid hehe.

Yeah they exist on all MMOs too. Some people enjoy this part of the game more than any other part actually... I enjoy the market part/crafting on MMOs but have met some that take it to a whole other level.

Some people almost seem territorial over it, for instance if you craft and sell something others do you will get tells from them either trying to instruct you on how you should be selling your items, or they make comments in the chat channels insulting you or how/what you sell.

Yeah they exist on all MMOs too. Some people enjoy this part of the game more than any other part actually... I enjoy the market part/crafting on MMOs but have met some that take it to a whole other level.

Yeah.. even earlier MMOs that did not have a direct selling channel market setup had this as well. So this has been true for as many years as I have played MMOs (almost 20 years now).

I found it to be the most effective way to play an MMO and be both self-sufficient and fully inoculated from any changes inside an MMO that had an economic component to it (which is just about anything that involves highly coveted gear or other items). Like now, in the lead up to the new tier 5 gear (which has only been vaguely teased out to us so far).... those who have no wealth creation/maintenance plan in game are screaming about this, while others are simply going to take a wait and see on it for more details, and others are not going to sweat it at all because they have been working a personal wealth plan in game since they began playing and understand that time/credits/other-resources are all fully interchangeable in an MMO.

I like working the player economy for income because it is: 1) high leverage (it works for me while I am doing other things in game as well when logged off.. so it is a 7/24 credit factory in game) 2) high flexibility, as you can simply carve out a few niches and work them to personal profit and ignore the rest of the market. 3) it evolves naturally over time, and as long as you understand this and have a reasonable grasp for what players like/crave and will pay for... you have an endless market enterprise as long as you shift with it. 4) it yields profit in credits...... and credits are the real lubricant in the player economy that allows any player to have access to anything they want in game (other then BoP/BoL drops in game which are not tradeable).

Some people almost seem territorial over it, for instance if you craft and sell something others do you will get tells from them either trying to instruct you on how you should be selling your items, or they make comments in the chat channels insulting you or how/what you sell.

Heh.. yeah.... economic PvP is alive and well in MMOs, and likely always will be. :)

Edited by Andryah

There is no absolute answer to the question posed by the OP. The "Hot Items" varies by server and varies over time (sometimes rapidly). There are also simply too many segments and niches in the market as well... and one key to playing this aspect of the game well is understanding demand on the server you are working, as well as understanding the fair market pricing for your server.

I see wild differences on any given day between the two NA servers on a range of popular and high value items. In fact.. I would offer that the high value hot items are the most volatile and with volatility comes risk of getting your backside handed to you... so diversification is really key to be successful long term in the markets.

Edited by Andryah

Key is to have referalls and especially those that are still subs. Refresh them every 90 days.

CC don't run out. ;)

Also I'll buy up the under cutters and resell at more than double the cost. Those under cutters don't even know what they are missing out on by under cutting each other over and over. :rolleyes:

Edited by Liquor

I'm seeing more and more theads about profit. Seems as if SWTOR has turned into a profit game.

Well over the weekend it was all this OP who did it. >.>

Key is to have referalls and especially those that are still subs. Refresh them every 90 days.

CC don't run out. ;)

Also I'll buy up the under cutters and resell at more than double the cost. Those under cutters don't even know what they are missing out on by under cutting each other over and over. :rolleyes:

I used to have a ton but when BW went Full dumbness & made it nothing but chapters I lost all but like 2-4 from like 25 or more subs. *smh*

Ehh all depends on the item. Some items aren't worth it.