Kaggath Tournament Finals - Traya vs G0-T0

Beniboybling

Those droids aren't exactly much of a threat to an HK 50 unit.

This evidence is supported? I haven't really seen anything of noteworthy that an HK-50 unit has done straight up combat wise that a battle droid can't do. To add on that, the War Droids do have personal shield generators(well the Sentinels anyway, they were optional but they still had them. The Mark droids did have energy shields too which did protect them.) So I don't see how the droids aren't a threat.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This evidence is supported? I haven't really seen anything of noteworthy that an HK-50 unit has done straight up combat wise that a battle droid can't do. To add on that, the War Droids do have personal shield generators(well the Sentinels anyway, they were optional but they still had them. The Mark droids did have energy shields too which did protect them.) So I don't see how the droids aren't a threat.

I would like to see some actual combat exploits by the HK-50s before we jump to any conclusions.

They're assassin droids. Great. But what can they do? Besides assassinating people.

I would like to see some actual combat exploits by the HK-50s before we jump to any conclusions.

They're assassin droids. Great. But what can they do? Besides assassinating people.

Thats the key here Aurbere...they are ASSASSIN droids, they aren't BATTLE droids. Now does this mean, that they do poorly in straight up combat? No..but their main directive is assassination.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Thats the key here Aurbere...they are ASSASSIN droids, they aren't BATTLE droids. Now does this mean, that they do poorly in straight up combat? No..but their main directive is assassination.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/HK-50_series_assassin_droid

Their main directive is actually:

"facilitate communications and terminate hostilities"

And also:

the HK-50s had several differing characteristics that conflicted with those of their progenitor, which needless to say, was part of the reason HK-47 held a fierce grudge against them: among them was the HK-50s' 'philosophy of murder'; the HK-50s believed that murder is about "wanton slaughter" and "body count", under the belief that they were programmed without inhibition, without restraint, and kill "who we want, when we want",

These droids aren't limited to assassination of a single target. They enjoy mass-killings, and are apparently quite skilled at them. You're right, they aren't battle droids. They're MASS SLAUGHTER droids. When there's an HK involved, it's never really a battle. :cool:

As for HK-50's im not quite sure of their combat experience, however they were modeled off HK-47 who had killed many jedi during the Battle of Malachor V. Also HK-47 survived into the clone wars and was reactivated by the CIS on Mustafar. When reactivated he destroyed 3 B2 Super battle droids and a Droideka (which have shields) with ease.

Before the Separatists were executed by Darth Vader, they were amazed at the technology that HK-47 was and began incorporating HK's design elements into their own technology, making the HK-77.

I'm not sure how this relates to HK-50's capabilities, since HK-47 has eliminated many of his counterparts before, but you can get a gross estimation of an HK-50's capabilities using HK-47.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/HK-51

We can compare the HK-50s to the HK-51s:

"Schematics for HK generation 51: Blaster to accuracy ratio: increased by 21%. Durasteel impact frame resistance: increased. Conclusion: halting production. Units are in standby mode, pending further testing of behavior cores and assassination protocols." ―Log of the HK-51's development status

So the HK-51's were upgraded versions of the HK-50s in accuracy and defense. (Which doesn't mean the HK-50's weren't plenty good in both already.)

So any abilities the HK-51's have in SWTOR can be translated to the HK-50's here, with a debuff to accuracy and a lower armor rating. That's what I got for their combat effectiveness.

Edited by Warren-Stride

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/HK-51

We can compare the HK-50s to the HK-51s:

So the HK-51's were upgraded versions of the HK-50s in accuracy and defense. (Which doesn't mean the HK-50's weren't plenty good in both already.)

So any abilities the HK-51's have in SWTOR can be translated to the HK-50's here, with a debuff to accuracy and a lower armor rating. That's what I got for their combat effectiveness.

That seems fairly logical. Thanks. :)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/HK-50_series_assassin_droid

Their main directive is actually:

And also:

These droids aren't limited to assassination of a single target. They enjoy mass-killings, and are apparently quite skilled at them. You're right, they aren't battle droids. They're MASS SLAUGHTER droids. When there's an HK involved, it's never really a battle. :cool:

Yes cause an HK-50 has a real good track record...The only mass killings I can remember is the mining facility Peragus, and the HK used the mining droids to do all that.

But anyway this isn't the point here, point is Traya has War droids of her own she can use to send to the HK facility and take it out, to add these droids have shields to protect them moreso. So they won't get taken out so easily.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Yes cause an HK-50 has a real good track record...The only mass killings I can remember is the mining facility Peragus, and the HK used the mining droids to do all that.

But anyway this isn't the point here, point is Traya has War droids of her own she can use to send to the HK facility and take it out.

That's true. She also has beasts that she can send. Not entirely effective, but most would serve as cannon fodder for the war droids.

But anyway this isn't the point here, point is Traya has War droids of her own she can use to send to the HK facility and take it out, to add these droids have shields to protect them moreso. So they won't get taken out so easily.

Woah woah woah. Where have we ever seen Traya use War Droids?

Woah woah woah. Where have we ever seen Traya use War Droids?

They are apart of her powerbase.

The Sith Triumvirate utilized the same weapons and technology as Revan's Sith Empire. Since it was a remnant of said Empire, its military was virtually the same, using Interdictor class warships and Sith fighters in the navy, Sith troopers, war droids and Dark Jedi in the army.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

But did Traya ever use them? From what I remeber, she hates droids.

Not that I can remember, I think it was more Nihilus who did so. But why wouldn't she here? It would be stupid of her, to remove a portion of her powerbase and she doesn't really hate droids, she just looks at them with a low regard but that doesn't mean she wouldn't use them if she had to, which she is going to need to, to square with G0-T0.

Infact she herself doesn't really need to mind the droids, her Dark Jedi or Sith Officers could use them.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Not that I can remember, I think it was more Nihilus who did so. But why wouldn't she here? It would be stupid of her, to remove a portion of her powerbase and she doesn't really hate droids, she just looks at them with a low regard but that doesn't mean she wouldn't use them if she had to.

It just seems strange that Traya would suddenly say: "No way will my elite assassins that I love so very much do what my disgraceful droids can." She won't launch a full offensive with the droids, seeing as she didn't have like... any on Malachor. Or inside the Dxun tomb (other than the medical droids). If I remember correctly.

Edited by Warren-Stride

It just seems strange that Traya would suddenly say: "No way will my elite assassins that I love so very much do what my disgraceful droids can." She won't launch a full offensive with the droids, seeing as she didn't have like... any on Malachor. Or the Dxun tomb (other than the medical droids). If I remember correctly.

She won't need to use them personally, her other troopers could use them. There was also droids at the tomb.

5:40

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

She won't need to use them personally, her other troopers could use them. There was also droids at the tomb.

5:40

Alright, fair point.

But I don't see how they'd be effective inside the HK factory. They're pretty big and bulky. And they'd have a hard time not firing on ally forces. Not to mention the fact that the HK factory has plenty of droids similar, if not more advanced, than those.

Alright, fair point.

But I don't see how they'd be effective inside the HK factory. They're pretty big and bulky. And they'd have a hard time not firing on ally forces. Not to mention the fact that the HK factory has plenty of droids similar, if not more advanced, than those.

HK units are big n bulky too. Though right there are plenty of droids in the factory, just merely pointing out that Traya does have droids of her own that can contend.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I seriously doubt that they'll sway the battle in Traya's favor.

Maybe not, but I think the Sith troopers and Sith would benefit greatly from droid reinforcements.

I don't know how Traya is suppose to locate the factory in the first place. Maybe she already knows? Maybe Beni can clear this up.

So I recently discovered Gizoogle, and you HAVE to see what it does to our debates! It's HILARIOUS!

WARNING: Their will be curse words. XD

http://www.gizoogle.net/index.php?search=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.swtor.com%2Fcommunity%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D602122%26page%3D12&se=Gizoogle+Dis+*******

*Cough* Sorry.... resume the debate.

Edited by Warren-Stride

So I recently discovered Gizoogle, and you HAVE to see what it does to our debates! It's HILARIOUS!

WARNING: Their will be curse words. XD

http://www.gizoogle.net/index.php?search=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.swtor.com%2Fcommunity%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D602122%26page%3D12&se=Gizoogle+Dis+*******

*Cough* Sorry.... resume the debate.

/wipestears

I needed that. Spectacular.