No change to Soa in 1.1.5 :(

Sad panda

Flashpoints and Operations

Operations

General

Bosses in Operations now drop the correct amount of loot when the group is using the Master Looter loot distribution setting.

Eternity Vault

The "Duel of the Fates" and "Penalty of Destiny" effects are now properly removed when the Infernal Council encounter resets.

Well, at least they fixed master loot. Of course, I guess we will have to take their word for it as I doubt if the current players on the PTS will be able to test this to a significant degree. Edited by Thoffs

Well, at least they fixed master loot. Of course, I guess we will have to take their word for it as I doubt if the current players on the PTS will be able to test this to a significant degree.

It says in the patch notes it is fixed... will it be fixed on live severs when the patch is implemented?

Maybe we should put a group together on PTS to test it out... oh, forget no character transfer...

Edited by Xneco

I just want to add the bugs we saw tonight this was in 6 attempts on Soa hard mode:

- One attempt the tank was cycloned and continued to take the lightning damage from Soa killing her in mid air.

- Two attempts the pillar thing fell right on top of his head, the tank took damage from the impact but the shield did not drop.

- For all the attempts the random aggro change is still there. We'd get him settled under a pillar to have him run off right before it dropped.

- Also, the main tank is being mind trapped. I don't know if that is an intended mechanic or not.

We finally got tired of fighting the bugs and called it a night.

Edited by Lepp

I just want to add the bugs we saw tonight this was in 6 attempts on Soa hard mode:

- One attempt the tank was cycloned and continued to take the lightning damage from Soa killing her in mid air.

- Two attempts the pillar thing fell right on top of his head, the tank took damage from the impact but the shield did not drop.

- For all the attempts the random aggro change is still there. We'd get him settled under a pillar to have him run off right before it dropped.

- Also, the main tank is being mind trapped. I don't know if that is an intended mechanic or not.

We finally got tired of fighting the bugs and called it a night.

the pillar thing is a bug but the random aggro is you dps being morons no one should be attacking soa when his shield is up that causes the tank to lose threat because of having to move soan not getting a full threat rotation going dont confuse bad play as a bug

Run into them faster? We have 0 problems with Soa.

As a Sorc healer, I used to take about 20k+ dmg from a ball in NM. If I sprint through the ball it doesn't explode and comes back towards me while I take 1 tick (10k dmg). Sometimes I couldn't even survive taking a ball with full hp and a shield up.

Since the last patch I've been taking a bit less dmg probably 18-19k now which is still retarded. There's been a few very rare occasion where I took only 8k dmg in NM which is what I think it's suppose to be.

As a Sorc healer, I used to take about 20k+ dmg from a ball in NM. If I sprint through the ball it doesn't explode and comes back towards me while I take 1 tick (10k dmg). Sometimes I couldn't even survive taking a ball with full hp and a shield up.

Since the last patch I've been taking a bit less dmg probably 18-19k now which is still retarded. There's been a few very rare occasion where I took only 8k dmg in NM which is what I think it's suppose to be.

dont use sprint it has a chance to make you take 2x ball hits

Don't use sprint. You can use it to get out to the area of the ball easily... but what you should be doing is running at normal speed into the ball and stopping in the middle of it.

NEVER run through it...

I've just noticed a couple things:

*Platforms not spawning on the second level correctly.

*Falling through the platform before the fight started (this happened to a friend on Normal Mode while i watched and laughed at him)

*Getting a lightning ball, then launched into the air so the lightning ball just goes in one straight path often times through center.

*Lightning ball exploding twice and killing whoever is standing in it to detonate it. (no, not when the lightning ball is double stacked. other ball about 20m away with another person dealing with it)

All in all, we counted about 8 bugs in the Soa fight on NMM. i dont remember the rest. some can simply be bad luck. others are simply bugs. I am glad that BW is fixing some of the bugs, i just wish more were fixed.

Edited by aesirize

Don't use sprint. You can use it to get out to the area of the ball easily... but what you should be doing is running at normal speed into the ball and stopping in the middle of it.

NEVER run through it...

Once you realize that there are invisible balls which explode and still tickle you its a nice idea to stand still.

I've just noticed a couple things:

*Platforms not spawning on the second level correctly.

*Falling through the platform before the fight started (this happened to a friend on Normal Mode while i watched and laughed at him)

*Getting a lightning ball, then launched into the air so the lightning ball just goes in one straight path often times through center.

*Lightning ball exploding twice and killing whoever is standing in it to detonate it. (no, not when the lightning ball is double stacked. other ball about 20m away with another person dealing with it)

All in all, we counted about 8 bugs in the Soa fight on NMM. i dont remember the rest. some can simply be bad luck. others are simply bugs. I am glad that BW is fixing some of the bugs, i just wish more were fixed.

if it was a sorc or anyone with a speed boost thats why it happened using one will cause the ball to do 2x the dmg

Once you realize that there are invisible balls which explode and still tickle you its a nice idea to stand still.

Fail. I do Nightmare Soa sometimes twice a week and standing still while the lightning comes to you is a recipe for death.

Just sayin'...

Move into the middle of it and stop. You take far less ticks that way. But never ever run through it.

Also, your healers should be shielding you and ready for the damage anyway, and you should be using any damage reducing CDs that you have.

Dying to the lightning at this point isn't really acceptable in a guild raid.

NEVER run through it...

And you would think I haven't tried that. I tried that and everything else in between. Actually, most of the time when I stop in the middle of the ball I take THREE ticks and it's a instant death. It ALWAYS does a double tick except for the very very rare occasions. Even some of our medium aromor classes take huge amounts of dmg eating the balls.

Edited by Scrubtastic