BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

Dovahbrah

i posted on another thread that what i think they should do is remove the channel from gr and put it in a 1.5sec cd so its instant and has 1.5 or 2 sec cd.that would make as a million times more mobile and its almost the same as before just we are no turrets anymore.:rak_03:

instant cast tracer missle/grav round has been suggested in the past. it was met with a lot of QQ

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on now, blunttron, that's not constructive! We gotta support the Developers so they'll throw us a bone!

Actually now that I think about it, they should just let mercenaries become powertechs and vice versa. We already have a skill respec thing, why not let us change classes! That way we have 6 trees to go through and we don't have the suffer the same class story over and over again.

So instead of having 8 classes you want to reduce it to 4?

Thats just a horrible idea

And it is the same class story. Nothing changes bout it.

As a sniper i am against tracer missle being instacast.

why? commando doesnt have anything near the lolcover mechanic... cast times on sniper are fine because u cant be interrupted and u have CC immunity on a button if you need to resist incoming crap.

commando has 0 of theses tools and bioware still made it with cast times, retarded to say the least.

Actually now that I think about it, they should just let mercenaries become powertechs and vice versa. We already have a skill respec thing, why not let us change classes! That way we have 6 trees to go through and we don't have the suffer the same class story over and over again.

^this

i posted on another thread that what i think they should do is remove the channel from gr and put it in a 1.5sec cd so its instant and has 1.5 or 2 sec cd.that would make as a million times more mobile and its almost the same as before just we are no turrets anymore.:rak_03:

okay, or ^this :)

Edited by Glower

^this

okay, or ^this :)

-No, AC respecs would destory the game more.

If Tracer had a CD. It would allow you to keep your heat low because youd be forced to fill that 1.5 secs with rapid fire or possibly MB/ER

Edited by Bluntron

why? commando doesnt have anything near the lolcover mechanic... cast times on sniper are fine because u cant be interrupted and u have CC immunity on a button if you need to resist incoming crap.

commando has 0 of theses tools and bioware still made it with cast times, retarded to say the least.

Because no spammable main attack should be instant cast. It would make commando dominate the other ranged classes.

Edited by Smashbrother

If Tracer had a CD. It would allow you to keep your heat low because youd be forced to fill that 1.5 secs with rapid fire or possibly MB/ER

I wonder... How exactly this will destroy SWTOR if I swap my poor abandoned mercenary to powertech? :confused::D

Edited by Glower

Because no spammable main attack should be instant cast. It would make commando dominate the other ranged classes.

I have abandoned my mercenary LONG ago, but I believe that change would make this class(or at least spec) much more appealing. Arsenal can bring out the damage, but I hate the fact that you are forced to stay in one place without cover mechanic. Pyro tree is much more mobile and better pvp spec overall, however it feels like you're poking a bear with a stick and other classes do much better job of being support fire than pyro. Bodyguard - well I didn't play it that much, but I played many times against it and it's laughable easy to shut down if their shield is down on cd.

Edited by MelodicSixNine

that 1.5s would be filled with the GCD. there is no reason to give it any cooldown, just make it instant in that case.

however, have fun fighitng with people over why that is a) a good and easy fix and b) why it is not overpowered

Edited by cashogy_reborn

that 1.5s would be filled with the GCD. there is no reason to give it any cooldown, just make it instant in that case.

however, have fun fighitng with people over why that is a) a good and easy fix and b) why it is not overpowered

ppl will always say its overpowered but the instant cast is a nice idea and would help a lot.we now are the worst class for pvp less mobile than elephants:rak_02:

Why not? All we would get rid of grinding up a powertech and a mercenary. At least Mercenaries can stop whining about being neglected. More flexibility, and another thing that bioware could profit on.

I mean seriously, just cause you leveled up everything under the sun, doesn't mean we all have your opinion. It would still be 8 fucntional classes, with 3 skill trees. Just mercs and vangaurds coudl swap between each other.

Sheesh.

God I love this thread. Full of troll bumps and people fighting about the worst class in PVP, but really Godmode in PVE. Good luck for the fixes though, I think it's awesome how dedicated you are though :D

Who cares bout scripted fights and rehearsed fights? pve is just something to do to pass the time

Why not? All we would get rid of grinding up a powertech and a mercenary. At least Mercenaries can stop whining about being neglected. More flexibility, and another thing that bioware could profit on.

I mean seriously, just cause you leveled up everything under the sun, doesn't mean we all have your opinion. It would still be 8 fucntional classes, with 3 skill trees. Just mercs and vangaurds coudl swap between each other.

Sheesh.

My merc is my only 50, so.....ya, that being said AC respecs would just ruin things.

you really think they give two !@#$% about class balancing in pvp? because what the hell does class balancing have to do with cartel coins?

Maybe they could sell the Tracer Missile insta-cast as an unlock for 350 coins?

(Crap, I shouldn't be giving them that idea...Meh, who am I kidding, they've probably already discussed this.)