Bonus/Exploration missions

mcostacampos

Hi everyone!

I started playing SWTOR yesterday as a Jedi Consular.

I'm quite the OCD completionist, so I want to get all the bonus missions. However, I realised the wiki I was using (http://www.swtor-spy.com/quests/) isn't up to date.

Example:

- Captured Padawans is registered as a regular mission in the wiki, with Flesh Raider Menace being a Bonus Mission you trigger while doing it.

- Captured Padawans in game seems to now be a Bonus Mission trigerred during the Early Lessons mission and I can't find a way of triggering Flesh Raider Menace.

Another player than told me that quite a few missions were removed from the game, so the wiki is no longer up to date. They suggested I tick the 'Exploration Missions' box in the map. Thing is - so far neither Captured Padawans nor Clear the Path to the Jedi Temple (also Bonus) appear on the map.

So, is there a reliable reference I can check to see what the Bonus Missions actually are today and how they're triggered?

I'm afraid if not I won't play the game as I'll always wonder if I missed something :(

Thanks and sorry for the long message!

Hi everyone!

I started playing SWTOR yesterday as a Jedi Consular.

I'm quite the OCD completionist, so I want to get all the bonus missions. However, I realised the wiki I was using (http://www.swtor-spy.com/quests/) isn't up to date.

Example:

- Captured Padawans is registered as a regular mission in the wiki, with Flesh Raider Menace being a Bonus Mission you trigger while doing it.

- Captured Padawans in game seems to now be a Bonus Mission trigerred during the Early Lessons mission and I can't find a way of triggering Flesh Raider Menace.

Another player than told me that quite a few missions were removed from the game, so the wiki is no longer up to date. They suggested I tick the 'Exploration Missions' box in the map. Thing is - so far neither Captured Padawans nor Clear the Path to the Jedi Temple (also Bonus) appear on the map.

So, is there a reliable reference I can check to see what the Bonus Missions actually are today and how they're triggered?

I'm afraid if not I won't play the game as I'll always wonder if I missed something :(

Thanks and sorry for the long message!

Enabling Exploration Missions on your map will display the locations of, and allow you to interact with, various mission-givers who won't otherwise offer you missions. I haven't run Tython in a while so I don't remember the names and activation requirements of the various missions, but so far as I know, few missions were actually removed, with many simply changed to be "hidden" by default until Exploration Missions are enabled on the map interface. As for a reliable reference, I'm not sure which sources were updated following those changes and which weren't.

Edited by PiiTarr
typos

To investigate this further I took a level 1 character through the first part of Tython. I did not come across the Flesh Raider Menace bonus mission you sought, so it's possible it was actually removed or we're both just missing something. You should be aware that there were some changes to "streamline" play, and some of those changes resulted in a few missions being shortened (or even removed entirely), so it's possible more missions were removed than I was aware. Also, there is a bonus mission attached to an Imperial Agent class story mission that can no longer be completed because they removed a section of the ship where one of the objectives was located. That is the most glaring example of the changes that I've encountered.

Turning on "show exploration missions" (or whatever) will show you the hidden missions. Whether or not some missions have been removed, shortened, or whatever, you'll still be able to be a completionist within the current state of the game.

I'm not sure who would have an updated list.

Edited by JediQuaker

• 2 weeks later...
Turning on "show exploration missions" (or whatever) will show you the hidden missions. Whether or not some missions have been removed, shortened, or whatever, you'll still be able to be a completionist within the current state of the game.

I'm not sure who would have an updated list.

hmmm I tested this but "show exploration missions" ticked did not make either "Captured Padawans" or "Clear the Path to the Jedi Temple" on my map... so sitll not sure I can trust the UI to make sure I haven't missed anything?

Most bonus missions are triggered by starting them. What I mean is that if the bonus is for killing 10 enemies, you need to kill the first one to begin.

I was thinking this as well. IIRC, the "Captured Padawan's" bonus quest is attached to the quest where you rescue those three Padawan's in the SE corner of the map. The bonus quest doesn't automatically show. You have to click on one of the cages to let out a Padawan, and then it should show up. This is all from memory, so may be incorrect. However, I know there are *some* quests which display their bonus quest automatically, but most work as described above.

I was thinking this as well. IIRC, the "Captured Padawan's" bonus quest is attached to the quest where you rescue those three Padawan's in the SE corner of the map. The bonus quest doesn't automatically show. You have to click on one of the cages to let out a Padawan, and then it should show up. This is all from memory, so may be incorrect. However, I know there are *some* quests which display their bonus quest automatically, but most work as described above.

Hmmm... so basically without their being a database to rely on and with not all Bonus missions being displayed on the map even when the option is ticked, I have no way to be sure I haven't missed anything, do I? :(

I don't remember if "Captured Padawans" is tied to Jedi Relnex's mission, but it is started, or progressed, by clicking on the Flesh Raider cages with captured padawans. "The Flesh Raider Menace" bonus is progressed by killing the Flesh Raiders that are guarding the cages. Since you'll very likely have to kill some to open cages, unless you luck out and find several that others cleared (or you're one of those players who steal objectives) then you really can't miss doing that bonus. "Clear the Path to the Jedi Temple" is a bonus attached to the "The Path of a Jedi" mission and will only advance if you kill some Flesh Raiders along the path to the temple. In both cases they are bonuses that are advanced by doing a little exploration (or just killing stuff). That is the way of it with many of the missions in this game. There are bonuses that only come up if you do the thing the bonus wants you to do. This is quite often the case with kill bonuses, but also applies to some missions that involve clicking on something. Generally they are not difficult to find. The kill bonuses are easy because you just need to kill something, which you're likely to do during the course of the mission. The click-on-this-thing bonuses are likewise generally easy to find as the things to be clicked on most often (particularly in OC story missions) light up blue. Clicking on one will give you the bonus mission with a counter telling you how many you need to find.

Checking the box to show exploration missions does help reveal a number of hidden side missions, and a number of them will have bonuses that only show up when you do something to progress them, such as killing something. That website, while a good database of all OC missions, doesn't give enough information to identify if the mission is a side mission you pick up somewhere or a bonus mission attached to another mission.

I don't remember if "Captured Padawans" is tied to Jedi Relnex's mission, but it is started, or progressed, by clicking on the Flesh Raider cages with captured padawans. "The Flesh Raider Menace" bonus is progressed by killing the Flesh Raiders that are guarding the cages. Since you'll very likely have to kill some to open cages, unless you luck out and find several that others cleared (or you're one of those players who steal objectives) then you really can't miss doing that bonus. "Clear the Path to the Jedi Temple" is a bonus attached to the "The Path of a Jedi" mission and will only advance if you kill some Flesh Raiders along the path to the temple. In both cases they are bonuses that are advanced by doing a little exploration (or just killing stuff). That is the way of it with many of the missions in this game. There are bonuses that only come up if you do the thing the bonus wants you to do. This is quite often the case with kill bonuses, but also applies to some missions that involve clicking on something. Generally they are not difficult to find. The kill bonuses are easy because you just need to kill something, which you're likely to do during the course of the mission. The click-on-this-thing bonuses are likewise generally easy to find as the things to be clicked on most often (particularly in OC story missions) light up blue. Clicking on one will give you the bonus mission with a counter telling you how many you need to find.

Checking the box to show exploration missions does help reveal a number of hidden side missions, and a number of them will have bonuses that only show up when you do something to progress them, such as killing something. That website, while a good database of all OC missions, doesn't give enough information to identify if the mission is a side mission you pick up somewhere or a bonus mission attached to another mission.

Yeah, the problem is that the website is out of date.

For instance, the Flesh Raider Menace Mission you described no longer pops up in the way you mentioned - even though the site says it does.

The site still has Captured Padawans as a main mission you get from clicking a cage, with Flesh Raider Menace being the Bonus mission within it. Now, in reality Captured Padawans is a bonus mission you activate during the Early Lessons main mission.