Disappointed about so-called "New In Game Barber-Shop"

Like the title says I'm a little disappointed about the new sort-of "ingame barber shop". There are several reasons why but first I'm going to put the quote from the "State of the Game #3" here.

While I first read it I was like "Great! That is awesome!" But then I took a closer look. "...using Cartel Coins." To me this seems like too much. But first lets talk about the species change. To me that shouldn't happen because it isn't "realistic" but I found that it could be ok. The other things like hair, body, and eye color was all fine. But why with CC? This game is turning into "Your a sub but you have to pay MORE real money for basic features like a barber shop!" I could understand the species thing being in the CM, but ALL of the barber shop?! That is going too far. What next? Having to pay money for certain class abilities in the CM? :rolleyes: Whether you think so or not barber shops ARE basic features. Personally I think they should've been ingame since launch. But why do we, the players, have to pay MORE money to you for a basic feature?

I think that they should change this before they release it. BW should either take out species changing or leave it in the CM... BUT make the rest of the "Barber Shop" not cost CC. Make it ingame currency. If they don't I'm not sure how much more I can take. :mad:

Doesn't another company charge RL money to change gender, appearances, factions already? So that seems along the same lines, so what are you complaining about? In fact, it's even better because subs can do it for free every so often!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The benefits of being a subscriber over F2p is getting more and more negligible. For being a sub I expect basic in game mechanics to be included. my med probes, my fleet pass, and my hair salon. Species change is fine for CM but the very existence of Cathar and future races should be included in the game/expansion not nickel and dimed.

And if it is $18 for 1 speeder I highly doubt 1 barber shop change will be anything less than ridiculus

Edited by supafreak

Its nice to know that instead of our $15 going towards something that we have been asking for since the beginning, it goes towards making content that they can sell back to us. Splendid.

totally true!

so the question is WHY do i even Subscribe?

The benefits of being a subscriber over F2p is getting more and more negligible. For being a sub I expect basic in game mechanics to be included. my med probes, my fleet pass, and my hair salon. Species change is fine for CM but the very existence of Cathar and future races should be included in the game/expansion not nickel and dimed.

And if it is $18 for 1 speeder I highly doubt 1 barber shop change will be anything less than ridiculus

Normally the price of a new species is included in a $60 expansion. For me, it will be free from the monthly cc coins.

Its nice to know that instead of our $15 going towards something that we have been asking for since the beginning, it goes towards making content that they can sell back to us. Splendid.

This times 100 billion. How much extra USD did this cost in SWG?

Like the title says I'm a little disappointed about the new sort-of "ingame barber shop". There are several reasons why but first I'm going to put the quote from the "State of the Game #3" here.

While I first read it I was like "Great! That is awesome!" But then I took a closer look. "...using Cartel Coins." To me this seems like too much. But first lets talk about the species change. To me that shouldn't happen because it isn't "realistic" but I found that it could be ok. The other things like hair, body, and eye color was all fine. But why with CC? This game is turning into "Your a sub but you have to pay MORE real money for basic features like a barber shop!" I could understand the species thing being in the CM, but ALL of the barber shop?! That is going too far. What next? Having to pay money for certain class abilities in the CM? :rolleyes: Whether you think so or not barber shops ARE basic features. Personally I think they should've been ingame since launch. But why do we, the players, have to pay MORE money to you for a basic feature?

I think that they should change this before they release it. BW should either take out species changing or leave it in the CM... BUT make the rest of the "Barber Shop" not cost CC. Make it ingame currency. If they don't I'm not sure how much more I can take. :mad:

I agree, I can understand charging to change your species for cartel coins, but if I want a hair color change or add a scare, that should be for in game credits like every other mmo on the market that has that feature.. This really shows just how little they really care about the player base, their greed in the end will be their undoing, I have no problem with them making money and a profit, but they do nothing to generate any good will with the community that is trying to play this game and have a good time. Maybe in the end they might understand..LOL

Edited by kevlarto

woooo more cartel coin stuff, like, seriously, WOOOOOOOOOOOO :D

Still aestethic, but if this cathar race is going to be cartel coin only, it means that they're pushing the base!

One step closer to power items, WOOOOOOOOOO :D

Other MMO's I have played only released new races with expansions. And their expansions cost more so I'm assuming part of the "race unlock" was included in the package. Even if I never planned to play that race, I was still playing for it. At least here I can choose not to pay for a race of Thundercats that I have no desire in playing.

You're right... sooooo close to power items looking like Cheetaroh while doing the exact same damage.

Sooooo close...

/sarcasm

If they're only going to put the Cathar species on the Cartel Market only then they're going to have to change this:

http://www.swtor.com/free/features

"Full access to all character creation options" is one of the perks for subscribers. Not allowing the Cather species would be false advertisement would it not? That's actually restricted in several nations by law. They've already broken it once with the Life-Day "event" as they called it which subs also had to pay to receive content from.

I'm really hoping subs get a way to do this w/o purchasing cartel, would even be fine if they made the cost well below the 500/per month. But adding a new race and making cartel only would be it for me. I've been concerned with the overwhelming amount stuff the CM sees with very lil in return to subs. I'm really hoping that the CM isn't the MAIN focus of this game, they have tried to reassure Us with several posts about this.

BW needs to let us if the Barber Shop will be CM only, if it is at least to me ,the game is heading down the wrong road.

If most of the so called Content we see is bought through the CM, goes against what this game imo started out to be.

Edited by Philastra

If they're only going to put the Cathar species on the Cartel Market only then they're going to have to change this:

http://www.swtor.com/free/features

"Full access to all character creation options" is one of the perks for subscribers. Not allowing the Cather species would be false advertisement would it not? That's actually restricted in several nations by law. They've already broken it once with the Life-Day "event" as they called it which subs also had to pay to receive content from.

There was no content associated with Life Day. Cosmetic stuff != to content.

Other MMO's I have played only released new races with expansions. And their expansions cost more so I'm assuming part of the "race unlock" was included in the package. Even if I never planned to play that race, I was still playing for it. At least here I can choose not to pay for a race of Thundercats that I have no desire in playing.

You're right... sooooo close to power items looking like Cheetaroh while doing the exact same damage.

Sooooo close...

/sarcasm

you don't care about the cathar, I don't care either. I guess it's a point in our favour :)

Many people though have been asking Cathar for ages, and they're not going to be so happy about it :D can't wait to see all the drama unfold cuz I've stopped caring, people can't be reasoned with and I'm not wasting time, just gonna be happy with every single update they'll put in :D

Go cartel market WOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D

you don't care about the cathar, I don't care either. I guess it's a point in our favour :)

Many people though have been asking Cathar for ages, and they're not going to be so happy about it :D can't wait to see all the drama unfold cuz I've stopped caring, people can't be reasoned with and I'm not wasting time, just gonna be happy with every single update they'll put in :D

Since you're a new player and all(account #5.4million), the Cathar being on the CM might seem like news to you. However, this information is now around 4 months old.

Sooooo close...

/sarcasm

STO have just announced a new playable faction coming in May the romulans this is free to all players, Plus they have a barber shop in game which is free or cost in game credits. Even though you can buy extra packs from there store.

SWTOR are finding any way they can to charge real money these things should at least be free to subs

Did you even address that other games only release new races in expansions that are more expensive, so, in essence, one could consider those users "forced" to buy the new races.

Isn't this better than:

1) People like you and I don't have to pay for that race if we don't want to

2) Can still get the race, at no cost, if we save our free subscriber cartel coins

You seem to be fooled that if there was no way to buy Cartel Coins, but this game cost $500 to buy (besides the sub fee) and the gave you 50,000 CC coins + 500/month you'd be okay with everything in the CM because you couldn't understand that "buy vanity coins at your leisure" (i.e. the Cathar race) is actually better than "buy vanity up front".

Since you're a new player and all(account #5.4million), the Cathar being on the CM might seem like news to you. However, this information is now around 4 months old.

Hey where'd you get that fancy info?

I might not be some mega hazmat dread guard or whatever geared boy . but I did take 3 toons up to 50, deleted a 34 and got a 22, so I'm not some seasoned pro, true, but I don't see myself as a newbie either. :)

I just see bugs still there and more cash updates inbound. Milking time again lads. :)

hey where'd you get that fancy info?

I might not be some mega hazmat dread guard or whatever geared boy . But i did take 3 toons up to 50, deleted a 34 and got a 22, so i'm not some seasoned pro, true, but i don't see myself as a newbie either. :)

i just see bugs still there and more cash updates inbound. Milking time again lads. :)

1.6 q&a.

I gotta love how SOME players always Say " well players are getting monthly Cartel coins", Sure BUT they say the same for everything like the Cartel packs, Cartel Items and the new Cartel Rep(which is only earned through CM)

ITS JUST FREAKING 500 CC A MONTH!!!!!!

sure you have a big pocket with a lot of money but MANY OTHERS DONT!

I don't know how to tell you this, but some people can afford the house on the beach, and some can't. That's just life. If you went up to some one that owned a Lamborghini and told them how it was unfair they had a nice sports car and you didn't, I'm pretty sure they would laugh and you and then peel out of the parking lot just in spite.

I don't know how to tell you this, but some people can afford the house on the beach, and some can't. That's just life. If you went up to some one that owned a Lamborghini and told them how it was unfair they had a nice sports car and you didn't, I'm pretty sure they would laugh and you and then peel out of the parking lot just in spite.

oh BUT this is an MMO not real life, isn't it?

Edited by saremun

I do think they should increase the subscriber stipend a bit. On the other hand, we are going to be earning CC's in game for achievements as well in 2.0. I'd love to see some weekly CC grinds that players can do, even if it's just a very small amount. I.E. doing a certain set of dailies per week can earn you 5 CCs. Assuming things like hair color changes would cost maybe 10-15 CCs, it wouldn't really be a big deal.

I do think they should increase the subscriber stipend a bit. On the other hand, we are going to be earning CC's in game for achievements as well in 2.0. I'd love to see some weekly CC grinds that players can do, even if it's just a very small amount. I.E. doing a certain set of dailies per week can earn you 5 CCs. Assuming things like hair color changes would cost maybe 10-15 CCs, it wouldn't really be a big deal.

as someone said before the CC you get from game are around 800 in total, remember you can only get the CC once not on every character.

Edited by saremun