Rotations for Guardian

Exiles

There are no rotations per se. There are only priorities. The reason being is that if you are tanking in you will be hitting riposte every time it comes up for it's defensive bonuses. If you are looking at straight dps, then you may be able to come up with a priority system that resembles a rotation.

Well.. what I do, and Im sure people will have different techniques and such, but for Leveling, lets say, taking on an Elite with 2 normal adds.

Send Kira to attack Elite, I Leap on First Add, *Free Bladestorm Pops Up* Use that on The Other Add, Kill both Adds in the next few seconds. When Kira is getting to about 1/3 Health, Taunt the Elite off her and then Start using Sundering Strike whenever its off Cooldown, and Just Build Up Focus with Strike when Sundering Strike is on Cooldown, and When other things are go for a Master Strike, that works for me...

PvP I havent really got a rotation, I just kind of mash keys and that works 50% of the time :p

You will want to pop Master Strike as soon as possible (prolly right after the first Sundering Strike for the little bit extra damage), so in case that even after 30 secs that elite mob is still standing on the ground, you can finish it off with a second Master Strike. Edited by Arlette

• 1 month later...
like shadvp said there isn't much of a rotation just prioritys, ripeoste takes priority everytime it comes up and bladestorm if you speced into blade barrier, sundering strike everytime its up, basicly its keep as many defensive procs up as you can, no don't pop your CD rigt off the bat cuz that can screw you over, thats for tanking atleast, for dps i don't know much for the guardian

I play a focus Guardian lvl 23 ( my alt) and I find this combo works for me best in pvp and pve.

Force leap >>> ( Look , is it a group of people , if yes then >>> Force sweep , if no then ..)>>> Masterstrike >>>> Bladestorm >>>> Sundering>>>Strike>>>>Zealous Leap.

If their not dead , they should be pretty close. Simply execute them with another Bladestorm ( should be off cool down) or Force Sweep. Rinse and repeat.

I also recommend keeping a shield (offhand) and focus ( offhand) handy. If your vig or focus you want the focus ( offhand). Keep the shield around incase u need to switch to Soresu and tank/guard.

As far as forms go Shi-Cho = Soresu > Shien. You really shouldn't be using Shein but then again I never use it so someone who does and is successful might tell u different. Shi-Cho is just so good for DPS because it still offers you flat mitigation.

Focus Guardian, PvP rotation:

Saber Throw-Force Leap-Force Exhaustion-Sundering Strike-Slash-Force Sweep-Force Stasis-Zealous Leap-Sundering Strike-Force Sweep-Force Exhaustion-Force-Push-Force Leap-Force Sweep.

If that doesn't do him in, you're likely dead.

Keep in mind you have quite a few other abilities to use. If at any point he gets below 20% Dispatch becomes a top priority. You ideally want to use Master Strike when he's not going to run away AND he's not going to interrupt you, like when they're beating on a healer.

Edited by Richoshist

As everyone has already stated, there is no set rotation. What I CAN tell you is what my opener is, though that should be fairly obvious. I'm full defense so my opening line is:

Throw -> Leap -> Sunder -> Guardian -> Blade Storm

That fills my focus bar, gets all 5 sunder stacks up, and raises my blade barrier. Next would be hilt strike for high threat, then Master Strike, assuming I'm not facing something that knocks back immediately. If I'm expecting a CC then I'll hold off until I'm sure I can get the full 3 second channel. As far as priorities go, I typically use:

Guardian > Blade Storm > Sweep > Master Strike > Slash

Master Strike is a channel and requires the target to be stationary, thus why it's somewhat low on the list, but that's by no means set in stone. If you think you can get it off, hit it. Hilt strike should be pressed whenever it's off CD because of the threat generation, but because the CD is 60 seconds I don't really consider it a priority. Stasis is a good filler if you're low on focus to avoid having to use strike. Sundering strike should be pressed whenever it's up and your focus bar isn't full in order to maintain your stacks. Blade Storm can be top priority if you're really getting pummeled in order to keep your mitigation up. Sweep can be top priority if you're trying to hold threat over multiple targets. Cyclone slash then also becomes a priority. I avoid using Slash whenever possible because... it sucks, really. I use it as a filler only when all other attacks are on CD(including Sundering Strike). I also press Riposte whenever it's up because it is not tied into the global CD and it only costs 1 focus to activate(spec dependent).

Hope that helps.