Jedi Knight or Jedi Consular for roleplaying?

Rawestforest

I've been trying to make up my mind which one to choose, but I can't seem to. I'm not very good at Star Wars lore (All I know is Great War happened about 10 years ago.), but I love the Jedi idea and concept, and their lore, but was wondering which one would be better for roleplaying.

It depents on what you want:

Tell me a bit about the character you want to roleplay and a will tell you who fits better.

If your character was one of the characters from the movies, who would he be?

I'd say General Grievous, but I don't see that happening ever X3

I'd have to say Mace Windu.

I'd say General Grievous, but I don't see that happening ever X3

I'd have to say Mace Windu.

OK, so then you should play a Jedi Knight. The JK is a Warrior, a very good fighter, skilled with the lightsaber. He wants to save the republic and defeat the Empire.

(The Jedi Consular is more the wise character with incredible Force powers. more like yoda.)

OK, so then you should play a Jedi Knight. The JK is a Warrior, a very good fighter, skilled with the lightsaber. He wants to save the republic and defeat the Empire.

(The Jedi Consular is more the wise character with incredible Force powers. more like yoda.)

Ah, I kinda see now. I've heard a few things about the JK class about them being the most underpowered class and general hate. Know why?

Also, know any good roleplaying realms?

For RP, Both are equal. The question is, do you want Knight (save galaxy, be a hero, all that smuck) or Consular (wise wizard, finding ancient secrets, diplomat)?

It's honestly a matter of Preference.

Quick warning, though, for Knight: the Plot barely cares what your alignment is. At least, not a much as the other classes.

Ah, I kinda see now. I've heard a few things about the JK class about them being the most underpowered class and general hate. Know why?

Also, know any good roleplaying realms?

No clue on role-playing realms, but the reason everyone hates on JK/SW is because the most iconic classes in the game are the hardest to effectively play. If you are not on the ball with most of your abilities, you WILL die. A lot.

Take it from a lvl 50 Sentinel. If you do not like hard work, or a lot of buttons, don't bother with the Knight.

Edited by drfumblez

Quick warning, though, for Knight: the Plot barely cares what your alignment is. At least, not a much as the other classes.

What about Consular? How dependant on your alignment is it?

No clue on role-playing realms, but the reason everyone hates on JK/SW is because the most iconic classes in the game are the hardest to effectively play. If you are not on the ball with most of your abilities, you WILL die. A lot.

Take it from a lvl 50 Sentinel. If you do not like hard work, or a lot of buttons, don't bother with the Knight.

How many buttons are we talking about? And how hard of the works. Watched some videos, seemed fun.

How many buttons are we talking about? And how hard of the works. Watched some videos, seemed fun.

I haven't played enough of Consular, but I suspect that it's a little more so than the Knight.

About 7-8 buttons you'll push repeatedly, with another 12-16+ occasionally. It's a very intensive class. If you have a mouse that you can map keybinds too, rest assured, you will be using every button.

I spend more time looking at my action bar, than I do at the actual fighting.:p

About 7-8 buttons you'll push repeatedly, with another 12-16+ occasionally. It's a very intensive class. If you have a mouse that you can map keybinds too, rest assured, you will be using every button.

Doesn't look good o.O I have little experience with keybinding and macros. D: I'll be the worst Jedi in the game then :[ Plus, I usually click on abilities that are out of my reach (6-= keys) guess I should learn or give up then :<

Only played act 1 (of 3) yet. Your alignment doesn't change the Story bosses but it changes how the story goes on after you have defeated them. So they sometimes show up on Holocomm and help you in finding...

If you kill them I guess you will have a hard time in justifying your actions for the council...

The Story itself is not that much affected. (I have to add, I only played Light Side. But it is not hard to figure out how it would have went if I were Dark Side.)

Well, I play a Sith Warrior without using buttons. So I die sometimes. Especially if I am not careful enough.

I spent more time looking at my action bar too.

Edited by Maaruin

I haven't played enough of Consular, but I suspect that it's a little more so than the Knight.

I'd like to say that on my 50 sorcerer I hit only 5-6 buttons max really. Hybrid lightning/mad build.

Hehe. I also meant I could come to your home realm and bother, I mean.... roleplay with you there when I get to a high enough level.

Lol, i'm not sure if i'm even on a role-play server. But Canderous Ordo is where a buddy of mine and I are leveling Sith, (Well, I just started, he's been 50 for a while) and where i plan to move my Jedi one day. So, you could start there.:D

Hehe. I also meant I could come to your home realm and bother, I mean.... roleplay with you there when I get to a high enough level.

I'm only at german servers yet... My real main character will be on Trask Ulgo, but he will be imperial. Trask Ulgo is afaik a very good, heavy roleplaying server (English, Europe).