Is there a point to nightmare mode Ops?

So we have cleared all hard mode bosses... we were looking at going into Nightmare on Tuesday.

Is there any point? I know there are 3 tiers of gear but we are already at the top tier. Does anything unique drop in Nightmare? Is this a design oversight?

So we have cleared all hard mode bosses... we were looking at going into Nightmare on Tuesday.

Is there any point? I know there are 3 tiers of gear but we are already at the top tier. Does anything unique drop in Nightmare? Is this a design oversight?

The point of Nightmare mode is to be able to say whereever you want that you completed Nightmare mode or certain bosses in nightmare mode. it may be a good recruiting tool should you need further recruits, especially if you are competing with several other guilds that haven't completed hard mode ops.

Frankly my personal experience is that NMM is not much of a nightmare and when you will try you will not feel the difference. It is definitely hard on healing and you have to be careful about few things but overall I wont call it a nightmare mode.

Loot is same as Hard mode.

If it was me, I will have the difficulty of nightmare mode on reg mode and make the nightmare mode so hard that raiders should cry wipe after wipe. It should be so hard that if you mess up on a very minute thing it should be a wipe and you should clear every boss in flawless manner. But that is just me :)

I run Ops for loot, not for epeen. What was Bioware thinking?

They were thinking since the storylines of all classes seem to be different, people will take their sweet time like 2-3 months to hit 50 which will give them enough time to iron out things. Wrong!

Nightmare Soa drops different gear from his HM counterpart. Not sure about Karagga but I assume it's the same. Then again, HM Karagga didn't even drop loot period for us this week. Nice bugs, Bioware. Edited by Exertim

At this point, Hard Mode drops both Columi and Rakata gear - that's correct. Nightmare mode was bugged up until a couple weeks back and had the same loot table. However, this has since changed and now Nightmare mode only drops Rakata gear.

So, why progress through Nightmare modes? Well, more Rakata gear, for one. For those who care about progression, there is a codex entry for each operation boss on each difficulty. I assume Bioware will do something with the codex entries beyond recreation in the future, so that's always a good option.

However, the biggest reason to do Nightmare is to familiarize yourself with a challenge as a group. Nightmare mode itself isn't all that difficult; however, hard modes are pretty faceroll. Give your group a challenge, learn to adapt with each other so when the next operation tier releases, you can dive right in.

Note: I expect to see Bioware remove Rakata gear drops from Hard Mode in the near future or severely nerf the amount of Rakata you will see in a Hard Mode operation. I agree this is kind of counter-intuitive of them in regards to the operation difficulty workflow.

TL;DR: You should be raiding nightmare mode because it's the most difficult content available and you should always push yourself to progress.

No, but the last boss always drops a mount i believe.

Maybe it's just our luck, but we've had a mount drop every week in both normal and hard mode. Keep in mind there are different mounts for each difficulty, so the normal mount will differ from the hard mode mount, which will differ from the nightmare mode mount.

The saddest part is there's nothing overly difficult in either Operation regardless of difficulty. There is something very wrong when people hate doing a fight (specifically Soa) not because of its difficulty but rather because of how notoriously buggy it is.

The saddest part is there's nothing overly difficult in either Operation regardless of difficulty. There is something very wrong when people hate doing a fight (specifically Soa) not because of its difficulty but rather because of how notoriously buggy it is.

^ True. We'll see how Bioware does on round two, after getting feedback from the community. I hope to see more challenge to the encounters - even optional challenges that could potentially make the fight more difficult at a higher award (Kill X before Y, Kill X without doing Y, etc).

Bioware are doing a great job anyone that says they are not clearly have not been playing MMO long it has bugs yes and alot of things to iron out, but comon lets get real how many mmo these days are as complete as swtor.

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm?