Second companion

Razdek

So i have recently started an IA operative and am loving... However why does it take soooooo long to get your second companion? I am feeling really gimped on leveling my crew skills right now compared to other toons, not to mention i am really sick of kaliyo right now as there is nothing to switch her out with.

Yeah, that's probably the one thing that really angers me for Agents....we really have to wait longer than anyone else to get our second companion. And we don't get our healer (forget the ship droid) until Taris. And he comes with a very minimal set of gear. THAT pisses me off. Why?? Why does he not have weapons, bracers or belt? :mad: Edited by chuixupu

Agents have the longest wait until their 2nd companion. And he isn't all that great, he's basically Kaliyo with a little bit more melee DPS and lower armor. He's typically going to have worse gear than Kaliyo though, so any improvement is marginal.

Agents have the longest wait until their 2nd companion. And he isn't all that great, he's basically Kaliyo with a little bit more melee DPS and lower armor. He's typically going to have worse gear than Kaliyo though, so any improvement is marginal.

I disagree, as an Operative, getting a DPS companion (the one you pick up on Alderaan), was a nice change of pace for me. Kaliyo is actually a pretty good tank once you properly gear her, she holds aggro quite well and you can go stab folk in the back without drawing aggro back, but you burn through enemies so much faster with a DPS companion.

In short, I pretty much used the second companion you get pretty much all the way through til the beginning of Corellia (had maxed out his affection by then). Fights take longer when using tank companions but you're survivability will probably be much better, but if you want to burn through enemies faster, use DPS.

Edited by JMarchini