Hi, I'm Chris, and I'm shy.

SerZa

I have to say that (and I hate to admit this after all of those months of nay-saying) GW2 is sounding more and more decent...very wow-like with improved graphics and dodge mechanics but I do miss the fantasy setting and the whole F2P (B2P if you want to knit-pick) sounds really good. I'm not playing TOR enough to warrant a sub and I'm not really looking forward to F2P-with-restrictions. Now I know GW2 will be pretty much the same but I don't think I'll ever take that game seriously so if I play an hour a month at least I didn't pay for a month...

Guess we'll see. I think the game itself is average at best but the community in general (not the idiots that were here worshipping GW2 for months) seem really nice and the whole Free-For-All on questing and stuff sounds really good although I'm sure stuff like Dynamic Events will only be fun the first week then you'll never have access to certain quest hubs because there's not enough people to clean the centaurs out...Also not buying into the hype of "your actions change the world in a way that other MMO's never tried".....for 5 mins at least, until the event starts again. I'll probably end up playing a human rogue, a draenei hunter and a night elf mage...probably a paladin too....oops, I mean a human thief, a norn ranger, a sylvari elementalist and a guardian.....no relation to that other game whatsoever :p

Edited by KorvusKaar

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love my sentinel he's so much fun...

so yeah I'm back from camp hooray!

Welcome back!

I'm actually going to play GW2? Say what!? LOL I'm not leaving TOR don't worry I'm here for the long run to bug you guys! LOL A friend actually sent me an email last night with my digital deluxe code and everything HAHA So I have to at least play some it would be really rude if I didn't

Hey guys, im playing GW2 myself atm. I still log into swtor from time to time, but gw2 is very good for casual playing.

They also did a genious thing that your lvl scale down to the zone your and you get xp for going back, finishing up quest or helping low lvl friends.

The game is good, but it cant compare to swtor when its down to telling a story.

Hey guys, im playing GW2 myself atm. I still log into swtor from time to time, but gw2 is very good for casual playing.

They also did a genious thing that your lvl scale down to the zone your and you get xp for going back, finishing up quest or helping low lvl friends.

The game is good, but it cant compare to swtor when its down to telling a story.

From what I've heard the story aspect of the game is really nothing to be impressed about, but I guess they're doing enough other things right for people to like the game. It does look very much fun, although I haven't had time to grab myself a copy...

I'm finding it fun though lots to complain about of course. Haha. Like the bank space. There is not enough. I jsut don't like f2p games due to having to pay to win. But it's something new and different to me.

I wont be leaving tor TOR for it. I love my saber and being able to have access to whatever I want in game as long as I work for it and not having some rich kid with mommies credit card out doing me LOL

I wouldn't really consider inventory room as "pay to win"; it doesn't really give you an edge over anybody else unless you count the extra time you have to go back and sell stuff while others keep leveling :p I'm perfectly fine with Cash Store as long as it's all cosmetic and stuff like bank room and I'm probably ok if they sell end-game gear as well as long as it's not more powerful that the one I can get in-game by just playing.

I think lots of people (not saying it's your case) just feel better about being beaten by people who use the cash shop if they convince themselves that the fact that they used real money to buy their gear was the only reason they beat you; although most people ignore the fact that if you're both at end-game with end-game gear and the other person bought his/her stuff while you earned it, shouldn't you be more skillful that said person by then? I mean, after all you do have more experience that him/her, right? .p

As for the "rich kids" comment, after TOR goes F2P won't the people that are still paying sub be considered the "rich kids"?

That being said still can't get GW2....it's all sold out and they have a ton of people reserving the game so the next 3 or 4 shipments are already all reserved so best case scenario I'll only get to try the game in a month >_<

As for the "rich kids" comment, after TOR goes F2P won't the people that are still paying sub be considered the "rich kids"?

Lol yes because $15 can buy you so much nowadays. I'm pretty sure paid subscriptions are not getting anything better that will better their toon in game. I didn't fully look into it.

Hey guys, I'm sadly going to have to cancel my sub to TOR again. School is becoming more work than I thought and I've just become to busy to play. I'm sorry to have to leave again, but maybe one day I'll be able to resub. It's been really fun playing with you guys and you are all great! :D

Hey guys, I'm sadly going to have to cancel my sub to TOR again. School is becoming more work than I thought and I've just become to busy to play. I'm sorry to have to leave again, but maybe one day I'll be able to resub. It's been really fun playing with you guys and you are all great! :D

:sad panda:

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so server mergers? Get distracted with GW2. Sadly only thing keeping me there is the achievements LOL something to work towards. PvP is horrible nothing but a zerg jerk off fest. Anywho.....

Candeous Ordo seems to be merging with my current server.....Oh how I am not excited to hear this. That means people I'd rather not deal with from Juyo are going to be back in my face LOL

Did I mention there is a whole Imp guild dedicated to hating me? LOL it's so cute! Though I am happy to hear this due to me being able to play my assassin again. I can kill the new republic guild dedicated to hating me. LOL

No, I'm not lying about actual guilds hating me either....

Gwyn aren't you on Ordo?

Okay so server mergers? Get distracted with GW2. Sadly only thing keeping me there is the achievements LOL something to work towards. PvP is horrible nothing but a zerg jerk off fest. Anywho.....

Candeous Ordo seems to be merging with my current server.....Oh how I am not excited to hear this. That means people I'd rather not deal with from Juyo are going to be back in my face LOL

Did I mention there is a whole Imp guild dedicated to hating me? LOL it's so cute! Though I am happy to hear this due to me being able to play my assassin again. I can kill the new republic guild dedicated to hating me. LOL

No, I'm not lying about actual guilds hating me either....

Gwyn aren't you on Ordo?

yes i am. so i guess that means you and i are on the same server now. :)

Yay! You play rep side right? Taneisha is my main if you ever want to have some fun. Though I only heal on her. If you need a home I've got a place for you. Just let me know.

ok ill look you up the next time i log on. and i am in the process of looking for a guild so if you've got a got a good one i'd love to hear about it. and why is there a guild on each faction that hates you?

Edited by gwyneira

ok ill look you up the next time i log on. and i am in the process of looking for a guild so if you've got a got a good one i'd love to hear about it. and why is there a guild on each faction that hates you?

We're kind of slow on the PvE right now. Not too many people wanting to do it we're more of a PvP guild. So depends what you're looking for.

Uhm, Imp side is due to my original guild. I changed one person's rank and apparently I was power trippy. Haha. about 14 people left. Which was good because they were the same 14 people I was going to kick. Saved me from hurting my little finger you know? LOL They were a major crutch to the guild. The formed their own guild and thought it was fun to harass me in PvP. Sadly they didn't do too well with it.

Rep side. I joined a guild because I was told they were a PvP guild. No actually they are only a PvE guild and only que up for ranked warzones when pugs are quing up. So I left. No hard words or nothing. Told them they aren't what I'm looking for. Apparently they took it hard because they only know how to kill one healer because she left their guild. It's really becoming quiet annoying but funny when they chase me down just to lose the warzone. So can't complain too much their. Sadly though they refuse to PvP when I have 3 others with me. They have also refused to go against use in ranked...sigh no fun at all.

We're kind of slow on the PvE right now. Not too many people wanting to do it we're more of a PvP guild. So depends what you're looking for.

Uhm, Imp side is due to my original guild. I changed one person's rank and apparently I was power trippy. Haha. about 14 people left. Which was good because they were the same 14 people I was going to kick. Saved me from hurting my little finger you know? LOL They were a major crutch to the guild. The formed their own guild and thought it was fun to harass me in PvP. Sadly they didn't do too well with it.

Rep side. I joined a guild because I was told they were a PvP guild. No actually they are only a PvE guild and only que up for ranked warzones when pugs are quing up. So I left. No hard words or nothing. Told them they aren't what I'm looking for. Apparently they took it hard because they only know how to kill one healer because she left their guild. It's really becoming quiet annoying but funny when they chase me down just to lose the warzone. So can't complain too much their. Sadly though they refuse to PvP when I have 3 others with me. They have also refused to go against use in ranked...sigh no fun at all.

drama seems to follow you my dear. all that matters is that you like the guild you're in now. i'm looking for a guild that like to run flashpoints and i'd like to raid at some point. pvp is something i do when i need a change of pace. i haven't done it on my sage since i hit 50. i'd love to do wzs with you if you have an alt. chris and alpha are gone so i have no partners in crime :(

drama seems to follow you my dear. all that matters is that you like the guild you're in now. i'm looking for a guild that like to run flashpoints and i'd like to raid at some point. pvp is something i do when i need a change of pace. i haven't done it on my sage since i hit 50. i'd love to do wzs with you if you have an alt. chris and alpha are gone so i have no partners in crime :(

Hmmm. I don't know any PvE guilds good enough for you then. I would say the Rep guild that doesn't like me but they have more issues among themselves then they do with me LOL

I only have my 50 sage and 50 assassin. I plan to maybe finally level an alt though I haven't decided really. Maybe my sent finally she is fun once I remember how to play her again. Haha

Hmmm. I don't know any PvE guilds good enough for you then. I would say the Rep guild that doesn't like me but they have more issues among themselves then they do with me LOL

I only have my 50 sage and 50 assassin. I plan to maybe finally level an alt though I haven't decided really. Maybe my sent finally she is fun once I remember how to play her again. Haha

thats alright, somehow i don't think a guild that you cant get along with would be a good fit for me anyway. ive come across several guild that sound good so im going to go about the business of narrowing it down a bit. Hows GW2 treating you?

thats alright, somehow i don't think a guild that you cant get along with would be a good fit for me anyway. ive come across several guild that sound good so im going to go about the business of narrowing it down a bit. Hows GW2 treating you?

I've grown bored with it since PvP seems to have picked back up in TOR.

• 2 weeks later...