Star Wars Movies

ActiveNick

Star Wars movies on Blu-Ray: Worth it?

I really love the movies, but I also hate most of the crappy edits Lucas made to the originals. I have the DVD & VHS sets but I cannot stand anything non-HD anymore. Is the new Blue-ray set worth it?

I'm reading the bad reviews everywhere and I know people are angry, but does it really justify watching the DVD or VHS versions forever?

I'd like your honest opinion, and preferably from people who own the set or who have at least watched it.

Thanks!

Edited by ActiveNick

why pay for something you know you won't be happy with? and the new changes in the blu ray set just make you that much more disappointed they changed so much.

I never said I would not be happy. The bottom line is over 95% of the movies' content is the same, and the higher image and sound quality is highly desirable. I was just looking for opinions from people who own the set.

Are the edits something that is eventually easy to get over?

I don't have the DVD sets of the original trilogy, so hearing they'd be released on Blu-Ray has perked my interest quite a bit. It's disappointing having grown up in the modern age a fan of the original trilogy. Annoyingly, I keep seeing the less advanced technology shining through.

Basically - I would buy them, but I don't own the DVDs. If the money you would part with is worth seeing the films again in Blu-Ray definition, then go with it.