Commando is useless at warzone pvp !!! THX TO BIOWARE

kanun

PVP, at times, comes down to a 1vs1. You've got to be able to win those sometimes or you've got to bring something to the table that is so special that you compensate for an inability to win those.

Since commandos have a terrible time 1vs1, what exactly do they bring to the table that other classes don't as compensation? Off heals? Survivability? CC? Extreme damage? Maybe that last one, if they are left completely alone.

One other thing, people keep trying to fix the game. I spent a lot of time trying to pick a crew skill until I finally decided they all suck, just picked mission skills, and now I send my dudes off to farm for me. I just stopped worrying about it because it sucked too badly to worry about. I think the PVP engine may be just like the crew skills portion of the game, not very good. It's fun in it's way, and I enjoy it, but there's no way I would call it good.

I've been a Commando since 1.0, and I agree completely. In 50 WZ, Commando just dies way too quickly to be effective. I've even been having issues lately where I'll hit my hotkey for Cryo Grenade, and it doesn't even start to throw it until about 10 seconds later, more than enough time for every single assassin, operative and marauder to maul me.

When 1.2 came out, I was shocked that the class balance changes for Commando were almost all nerfs, with the exception of Mortor Volley working a tad more quickly. With the changes to ammo consumption to the Med Probes, you find yourself running out of ammo pretty quickly in a desperate situation.

Frankly, Commandoes have had enough nerfs for a lifetime, time to give them some actual buffs so they can be worth playing again.

4 things i want on my commando a snare added to the Knock back like the slingers/snipers one and cryo back to 30 meters since it is a RANGED Dps or Heals not a MELEE class ffs and change the hammer shot heal from a SOLID BEAM OF LOOK I AM OVER HERE to a rapid shot fire simular to that of the Merc Healer and when the Commando has there shield up make it like the snipers from EC and there un leapable... just those 4 things would make the Commando more effective in pve and pvp envoriments... Edited by SirPhoenixKnight

4 things i want on my commando a snare added to the Knock back like the slingers/snipers one and cryo back to 30 meters since it is a RANGED Dps or Heals not a MELEE class ffs and change the hammer shot heal from a SOLID BEAM OF LOOK I AM OVER HERE to a rapid shot fire simular to that of the Merc Healer and when the Commando has there shield up make it like the snipers from EC and there un leapable... just those 4 things would make the Commando more effective in pve and pvp envoriments...

this is exactly the type of buffs they need, all but the unleapable thing since snipers and slingers are unleapable because of cover and commando/merc don't use cover

There was a forum that the devs responded to awhile back admitting that the Commando needed something against melee: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=548897&page=13

It has been two patches since then and no changes. This is clearly a problem and is ruining the gameplay for pvp'ers. Bioware if you are reading, Commandos need help. We know, you have stated that you know it. So when are the changes coming already. I am excellent with my Commando but no one wants one in a rated group because of the lack of team utility.

Edited by HybridCode

Move down Concussive Force (or whatever the talent is called that makes Stock Strike stun/immobilize the target) to the 2nd tier. That would be a start.

The longer knockback-talent could be reworked and the added distance from the talent made baseline..

I dont really want an ability that is ONLY defensive. I want options. The class is a bit too stale as it stands right now.

Hell, give us a charge (an ability that brings mobility/offensive/defensive power depending on the situation). Fits the soldier-theme and it would give us some options beyond limping forward for 2 seconds before succumbing to the army of glowsticks.

Edited by AlistairC

Heres some ideas with suttle changes as opposed to wholesale changes to make combat medics a bit more 'longer lasting' in pvp

Add in a longer duration reactive shield ability for 25% dmge reduction but with a crit chance to 50% when activating

Mobile AMP/MP with supercharge cells activated

Full auto has the same effect as Sith Assassin jolt ability - or a knockback like Smuggler aimed shot - or a combo of the two

Good old cryo grenade with 30m range and 6 second length

Sticky bomb has stun effect before detonation on all enemies except bosses, not just weakish ones

And agreed, as most posts say its about the team. Some days you pump out the med probes with a sentinel flying round taking some of the heat off you and your a hero. Other days you'll spend all your time on the speeder and feeling like your firing charged bolts more than healing probes. Thats PVP.

And for the love of all that is holy, don't run Gunnery spec in PvP....especially if you're on Ebon Hawk. I will seek you out and destroy you over and over just to prove how gimped that spec is for PvP. Go Assault, or go home.

Eyvan runs Gunnery in PvP on The Ebon Hawk and pretty much always gets top damage. He doesn't queue solo though. He LoSes obsessively and isn't afraid to call for help.

Totally agreed. I've been able to get at least 200k damage (in sucky BM gear) in pug groups. I've seen others get over 500k as Gunnery.

Sweet you have seen gunnery get 1/2 of what others get in warzones...epic. If the best gunnery is getting 500k and the best of the rest are getting 800k-1mil then gunnery needs a buff. Even thinking dps commando is competative for rated in its current form is laughable. Slow pathetic ramp up damage for about 2/3 the burst of what a assault vanguard gets frontloaded.

Totally agreed. I've been able to get at least 200k damage (in sucky BM gear) in pug groups. I've seen others get over 500k as Gunnery.

Woah, a WHOLE 500k? /sarcasm

Here's me getting 830k...

Here's a 770k match:

Or 668k from the other night:

I tear apart puggers - and yet, as probably the top commando on my server, I am still utterly outmatched by the top players of other classes.

At the top end of competitive PvP, DPS Commandos, whether assault or gunnery are outclassed by... well, pretty much everything else. That you, like many other 'commandos are fine!' folks haven't SEEN the top end doesn't mean it isn't a problem.

If you haven't been in matches where the LOWEST total damage from a non-healer was 400k, you haven't seen anything. I'm not attacking you, as you clearly don't know - but I'm sick of having our problems glossed over because for some, mediocrity is enough.

I know were are nor that great (normally) mainly because people refuse to try. Though I do agree that we need a PvP buff.

It isn't that people refuse to try either. There are bad players in every class - and arguably more of them in the FOTM classes/specs.

The *only* factor in play is that any given player will do worse with a commando in PvP than they would with something else. Sure, if they 'try harder' they can beat at least some of the odds stacked against them - but that falls down as a solution if a vanguard, or a sentinel, or a shadow or whatever that 'tries harder' is still head and shoulders better than us.

Woah, a WHOLE 500k? /sarcasm

Here's me getting 830k...

Here's a 770k match:

Or 668k from the other night:

I tear apart puggers - and yet, as probably the top commando on my server, I am still utterly outmatched by the top players of other classes.

At the top end of competitive PvP, DPS Commandos, whether assault or gunnery are outclassed by... well, pretty much everything else. That you, like many other 'commandos are fine!' folks haven't SEEN the top end doesn't mean it isn't a problem.

If you haven't been in matches where the LOWEST total damage from a non-healer was 400k, you haven't seen anything. I'm not attacking you, as you clearly don't know - but I'm sick of having our problems glossed over because for some, mediocrity is enough.

This is why I laugh when BW seem to think our issues all stem from a lack of escape when that simply isn't the case, even left alone we cannot put out 70% of the damage of most other classes I'd even dare say 60% as the few 650k's Ive had have been in WZ when, guards, sents and vanguards have put out 1m +

Yes in PUGS escape may be your primary issue you havent got healers and you havent got people peeling for you but that simply isn't the case when in good teams v good teams our problem then becomes the fact our damage is garbage and easily mitigated if not almost outright shut down in gunnery's case.