Rakghoul DNA Vendor is a thief! Overcharged for pet

Iandidar

Just a warning for those working towards items from the current event.

I visited the vendor Jeelvic to buy a pet and crystal. I had 143 of the DNA on me, which had to be in 2 stacks. One of 44 and one of 99. The pet costs 60.

After purchasing I only had 39 remaining. The vendor took the stack off 44, then instead of takign the balance from the stack of 99 it took the full 60 from the 99 stack as well, leaving me with 39...effectively I paid 104 for the pet which should cost 60.

Edited by Iandidar

Yes, thief is an apt word for this. :)

I hit this too. Had to farm all over again to get the crystal after purchasing the pet. File a bug. There are some threads on this in the customer service forum. One person already he stated that he heard back from Support and they were unable to credit him as they couldn't verify that he had the mats. Sucks to be us...

i opened a ticket and they verified i did lose my samples (had enough to get 2 but only got one) and was told they will restore them because its a bug. but so far they have not been restored. oh well i guess ill be blowing myself all night. uh. i mean getting infected and letting myself blow up all night. Edited by sixstringriot

I can confirm this. I had at least 187 DNA samples (99+88) when i purchased both a ql50 Black-Green crystal for 83 DNA's and the pet for 60 DNA's. Now i got 16 DNA's left. Thats a total of 171 DNA's spent.

83(crystal) + 60(pet) = 143(total price)

187(my pouch) - 143(total price) = 44(leftover dna)

Since i had a total of 16 leftover DNA's, thats at least 28 off! (if i didn't have even more to begin with, then its even worse than this)

28 samples is easy 140k credits at the player market, so its a pretty bad and unbelievable error. :D

Edited by Niontiin

i opened a ticket and they verified i did lose my samples (had enough to get 2 but only got one) and was told they will restore them because its a bug. but so far they have not been restored. oh well i guess ill be blowing myself all night. uh. i mean getting infected and letting myself blow up all night.

I got the same message earlier last night after submitting a ticket and am in the same boat. Did you ever receive your samples?

Just a warning for those working towards items from the current event.

I visited the vendor Jeelvic to buy a pet and crystal. I had 143 of the DNA on me, which had to be in 2 stacks. One of 44 and one of 99. The pet costs 60.

After purchasing I only had 39 remaining. The vendor took the stack off 44, then instead of takign the balance from the stack of 99 it took the full 60 from the 99 stack as well, leaving me with 39...effectively I paid 104 for the pet which should cost 60.

Instead of crying about it here, did you think to log a ticket?

Instead of crying about it here, did you think to log a ticket?

Are the two mutually exclusive in your world? Can someone report the bug ( Like i did) then come to the forum to see if it's a known issue. I'm glad this post was started. Let me know I wasn't the only one this hit.

Instead of crying about perfectly valid posts did you think to just keep your opinions to yourself?

I got the same message earlier last night after submitting a ticket and am in the same boat. Did you ever receive your samples?

I started another ticket last night about my samples never being restored and still have not heard back from them. I spent the night in the wreckage area getting infected and blowing up farming the samples since i never heard back and got my second crystal. If i were you i would just farm them again because you are most likely not gonna hear back about it.

Well, i left a rather detailed bug report about it, and I was given a generic "that's too bad" response, no offer of restoration.

The trick to avoid this isn't to only go with 1 stack. It's to make sure that your largest stack is closer to the top-left corner of your inventory. It draws from the uppermost stack first. If the upper stack is insufficient, it will eat the entire stack, and then deduct the full balance from the next stack it can find in sequence. It's very obviously a vendor process glitch where they didn't subtract the value of the first stack properly.

It's very obviously a vendor process glitch where they didn't subtract the value of the first stack properly.

This just amazes me really. Are these not relatively simple coding issues? So simple, they should never have been coded wrong in the first place?

With 1.2, Bioware patches one day early because (this is speculation of course) someone puts in AM instead of PM... or some other should-have-been-caught-before reason.

Then the next day after 1.2 goes live it seems some of the game prior to 1.2 was inadvertently patched in, causing really weird stuff to happen.

Does Bioware not have a quality control program in place to catch such simple screw ups before they happen?

I know I have been griping about bugs a lot lately, but these things just blow me away that they happen so often.