Question for hardmode/nm raiders.

So our guild started venturing into hardmode operations last night, 8 man, after completing them on normal for two weeks without much problem (aside from some weird platform bugs on the last boss in EV).

We were quite undergeared (or so you'd think) since we had to take a couple of friends in the guild because of afk's. We were hoping for a night of progression on our first hardmode, and maybe even some cool loot.

What we got was a robot with the exact same abillites, more hp and more dmg who went down with the same tactics as the normal version. We did have to pop a cooldown at the end and bunch up for the healing, but that was it :( He also dropped the same loot.

Is this what we can expect as we dive deeper into hardmodes and eventually nightmare mode or will it actually become, well, cooler at some point?

My first time reading this forum really, and I did see some other posts that adressed this (or similar) issues.

Would be happy if someone with endgame raiding experience could enlighten us how this first tier of raiding works :)

Cheers!

Edited by slots

nope, same loot on all difficulties. same abilities too.

have fun

This is wrong. Normal mode drops a mix of T1/T2 gear whereas HM drops T2/T3. The abilities are largely the same that much is true. But then again normal raids are intended to be done by PuG´s with mediocre gear thats why they have the autoassigned lootsystem.

And as i said in some other thread already all operations ingame at the moment are entrance lvl raiding and meant to be doable even for people who didnt raid WoW heroic modes 24/7.

for people who didnt raid WoW heroic modes 24/7.

Admittedly most of the our current raiders did raid at a high level in wow :rolleyes:

You do have a point about this being the first raids, and we all know that balancing raid difficultys is a pretty tough job (even for blizz).

Must admit I'm a little disappointed though. Let's hope tier two will be released sooner rather then later, and that they learned from this.

Edited by slots

I completely agree that each difficulty mode should add an additional boss mechanic to contend with on top of the existing mechanic. The additional mechanic should require a bit more learning and cooperation, not simply "raid-wide debuf..." type stuff but a real and engaging additional mechanic to tackle.