Be mindful of everything you do.

AidanLightwalker

Unlike other mmos, swtor uses Legacy to give your character a legacy name. This IS ACCOUNT wide for all toons on that server once you get it. People look at legacy names. Do a run with a guy named Han Solo and it goes great. Then one day you see a Leia Solo looking for a group, you know it's the same player. Since the legacy name is the same, you know its just an alt (alternate) character.

This works in reverse thou too. Some guy name josh starkiller is being a jerk to you one day and then you come acrosse a brain starkiller, you already know what this guy is all about.

Be mindful of how you present your self in swtor, there is no hidding here.

Unlike other mmos, swtor uses Legacy to give your character a legacy name. This IS ACCOUNT wide for all toons on that server once you get it. People look at legacy names. Do a run with a guy named Han Solo and it goes great. Then one day you see a Leia Solo looking for a group, you know it's the same player. Since the legacy name is the same, you know its just an alt (alternate) character.

This works in reverse thou too. Some guy name josh starkiller is being a jerk to you one day and then you come acrosse a brain starkiller, you already know what this guy is all about.

Be mindful of how you present your self in swtor, there is no hidding here.

fu.........

what ya say is true....but ya can also "hide" ya Legacy name

In our guild runs, if we pug a spot or two, showing your legacy name is required. We want to know who we are bringing. I personally don't group with anyone hiding their legacy name. Whatcha hiding for??

Edited by AidanLightwalker
more

In our guild runs, if we pug a spot or two, showing your legacy name is required. We want to know who we are bringing. I personally don't group with anyone hiding their legacy name. Whatcha hiding for??

I hide my legacy and the rest of my nameplates so I can see and click on mobs easier. Just a personal preference.

I hide my legacy and the rest of my nameplates so I can see and click on mobs easier. Just a personal preference.

Hiding your nameplate is sufficient, as it only hides it from you. Hiding your legacy hides it from everyone. That's very different.

That's the silliest (well, one of the silliest) thing I've ever heard. I display Legacy on some characters, hide it on others. Just because I feel like it.

Edited by Helig

Hiding your nameplate is sufficient, as it only hides it from you. Hiding your legacy hides it from everyone. That's very different.

If it was requested, I would not be opposed to showing my legacy but I was just merely pointing out that there a different reasons for people to hide legacy *shrug*

OP - no matter how snobby you want to be or how real you want this video game to be, Legacy name has nothing to do with the reasons you created this post because anyone trying to hide would have hid their Legacy name in the first place, thus you would have never known who the original douchebag was. Now you are playing with their alts on your PUGs, because you have no clue they are the same account.

In general good advice, but it's a video game - it's not serious business so take a valium.

If it was requested, I would not be opposed to showing my legacy but I was just merely pointing out that there a different reasons for people to hide legacy *shrug*

Yes, there are, and the poster we're referring to has shown his reason for requesting it be shown. There's no real reason to hide it unless you don't want people to know who you are, across the server. That's what I was getting at.

Yes, there are, and the poster we're referring to has shown his reason for requesting it be shown. There's no real reason to hide it unless you don't want people to know who you are, across the server. That's what I was getting at.

Maybe Im just shy or my family has done terrible terrible things and I dont want people to know my shame :o

I hide my legacy name, because I don't want to have my name over my whole screen.

For example, my name plus a title would be: Jumprushz Boïndil, Grand Champion of the Great Hunt

I personally hide my own legacy name, why? because party time cybereye mc-cyber is just too dam long. legacy name is a terrible way to figure out whos who. CHAT ENDED!!! (like a baws)

My new legacy name, after server transfers, is Vodka. I didn't spend much time thinking of the rename since my old legacy name only fit my first 50 to begin with. I hid/hide my legacy on all my toons except for that one :p

(Lost his normal name in the transfer also)

Edited by TamakiRevolution

I hide my legacy name because I don't like it, it fits 1 of my characters (first one I finished act 1 with but not my main) but when I chose it I had no idea it would be shared with all my characters on the server, if I had known I'd have chosen something else. Edited by Stebbinn