"The catalyst" quest on Taris

Hey all,

I had a bit of trouble doing this quest as i couldn't seem to get infected. But then i tried abandoning the quest and accepting it again, and all of a sudden I got infected on first try.

I think my problem was that i had loggede out in between accepting the quest and trying to do it.

Therefor if anyone have the same problem, try to abandon it and re-accept it... Worked for me :-)

Greetings,

Vookie

I was grouped with my wife for this. I got infected on our 2nd group of Rakghouls. She wasn't getting infected after another 10 minutes, so she opened her log and just hit the reset button for the quest, and then it worked immediately. I saw others in general chat having a similar issue.

Same. Reset the mission after all my attempts to complete it failed. Then went to the map marker & still couldn't get it. It's cuz I had to wait for a red one to respawn. He got my companion first, so I sent my companion off & when I got hit by the red one next I was infected first try. Thanks for this thread. Solved my frustrations with this mission.

Not sure if the quest is bugged or working as intended HOWERVER the player that wins the roll during the conversation and gets the injection is the ONLY one that can get infected. Any other players in the group will be unable to complete the quest.

This happened to me and my buddy as well. I won the roll in the convo and was injected, and I was the only one able to complete it until he reset the quest in the quest log.

• 2 weeks later...
Happened to us as well (a duo) a week or so ago. My char got infected but my duo partner didn't. t don't think he hit "reset", but we eventually gave up and travelled to another area (to the quest destination) assuming the game bug was that it didn't mark both of us infected when it should have. He couldn't complete the quest, so we returned to the quest area and he was infected shortly thereafter.