Annoyance: The group finder don't remember my role

Signed and agreed. Every time I log onto my commando it keeps trying to queue me as a healer. The first week it didn't do that so the first few times its happened I've just joined the queue without a second thought only to have an instant queue pop followed quickly by the realization that it assigned me to heal.

Then I look like the jerk who queued as a healer just for quicker pop times. I always just leave because it's not fair to the other three.

I was having the same issue with my mercenary. I'm dps and it would always have healer checked also, even if I unchecked it the previous time. What solved it for me was queing up, then reopen the queue screen... then uncheck healer and click the box in the bottom left that says "update roles". After I did that, I've run 15-20 random queues and it always has just the dps role selected. It seems to me that it only saves it if you make changes while actually in the queue already. Edited by Ssaffin

I've queued as a DPS, got tagged as a healer. Declined, verified it was checked as a DPS only, requeued, got tagged as a healer.

Every patch I keep avidly reading the patch notes, but no mention of this being addressed.

• 5 months later...
I don't know why the box keep getting checked but sometimes it puts me as healer even though I have un-selected that role on several occasions.

Yes, this happens often for me. I sign up as DPS and get a healing or tank spot with my different chars.

I even sent a ticket about it and got some kind of autorespons.

They need to look into this, it has been a problem for some time now.

I noticed a few weeks ago the options reset when I switched computers, but if I turned of one computer and then went back in on the same one the setting was saved. Not sure if that would help isolate what may be happening.

If you go to your User>AppData>Local>SWTOR>swtor directory on your computer, you'll be able to locate the actual settings profile per character that controls your queue-able roles in group finder. Change the ones you don't want to false; then reload the game. Seemed to work for me.

Yes, this happens often for me. I sign up as DPS and get a healing or tank spot with my different chars.

I even sent a ticket about it and got some kind of autorespons.

They need to look into this, it has been a problem for some time now.

They seem to be pretty strong on ignoring or even acknowledging this issue. My non tank/heal chars are nearly unable to get any groups with the group finder.

I've double triple checked that only DPS was checked when I hit queue, then had it pop with me as tank.

Its broken, and when it does that now I just relog because from my experience it will keep doing it until you log in and out. You'll be at the bottom of the queue again anyway.