I'm confused about this Assualt Nerf

DJ_Viron

Optimally for Assault, you only want to be in 4m range when you are about to StockStrike, which should only be when you are wanting to reset your HIB. Otherwise, you should be attempting to maintain your distance at 10m to avoid those poor guys with the 4m range.

there are other classes then melee, that might need an interupt, a neural surge as well you know. then you need to stay in their face. running in and out of 4m range might look optimal in theory, but once you are in 4m range try to get out of it.

lol assault 4m range guy. I guess you premade with a pocket healer. If you pug against premades then you want to often be outside of melee range. If you do this effectively you will do much better.

assume much do we, sorry i pug most of my time in warzones, since i find premades really boring both facing them and join one of my own. even if you stay at 5-10m range against one warrior/Knight there will be Another flying against you from somewhere else anyway

there are other classes then melee, that might need an interupt, a neural surge as well you know. then you need to stay in their face. running in and out of 4m range might look optimal in theory, but once you are in 4m range try to get out of it.

I was generalizing for some overall quick advice, so you bring up a good point about interrupts.

We have 4 interrupt skills, only one of which requires 4m:

Riot Strike - 4m range

Neural Surge - 8m range

Cryo Grenade - 10m range

Harpoon - 10m (minimum) range

Also if it is a ranged dps we are fighting, we have a 5th interrupt called LoS, which is often easier to achieve if you are further away from them when they start casting. Another reason why positioning is so important.

Running in and out of the 4m range is not just optimal in theory, it is also optimal in practice. Is it tough to do? Of course. Snares and stuns abound and you can't always pull it off. Does it make a difference when you are able to pull it off? Absolutely.

Assault is a squishy spec and we have to do our best to stay alive. We have one strong defensive CD in Reactive Shield and one weak one in Adrenaline Rush. Positioning and range dancing is one you have to figure out for yourself, but it will make a bigger overall difference to your survivabliity than either of those CDs. Time spent in respawn is time spent doing 0 damage. Train as you fight, fight as you train.

I was generalizing for some overall quick advice, so you bring up a good point about interrupts.

We have 4 interrupt skills, only one of which requires 4m:

Riot Strike - 4m range

Neural Surge - 8m range

Cryo Grenade - 10m range

Harpoon - 10m (minimum) range

Also if it is a ranged dps we are fighting, we have a 5th interrupt called LoS, which is often easier to achieve if you are further away from them when they start casting. Another reason why positioning is so important.

Running in and out of the 4m range is not just optimal in theory, it is also optimal in practice. Is it tough to do? Of course. Snares and stuns abound and you can't always pull it off. Does it make a difference when you are able to pull it off? Absolutely.

Assault is a squishy spec and we have to do our best to stay alive. We have one strong defensive CD in Reactive Shield and one weak one in Adrenaline Rush. Positioning and range dancing is one you have to figure out for yourself, but it will make a bigger overall difference to your survivabliity than either of those CDs. Time spent in respawn is time spent doing 0 damage. Train as you fight, fight as you train.

well then i better roll on harbinger to see it myself

That would be great. Often times I am the only one with a blaster rifle. Would be nice to have another Assault spec for focusing down the heals. :)

I have a level 41 VG on Harbinger that has levelled wholly and solely though pvp and class missions. When I hit 50, I'll be there too :p

I have a level 41 VG on Harbinger that has levelled wholly and solely though pvp and class missions. When I hit 50, I'll be there too :p

Off topic; how long did that take you? :) how long compared to regular questing? also, did you use the cartel and legacy xp boosts?