Does playing previously imperial-only races change anything while playing republic.

Thokri

There are some alien vs non-alien conversation options (depending on race being alien vs human) also some Male vs Female. However, specific race is not generally mentioned other than some Empire specific ones related to pureblood Sith. Playing a 'sith' on republic side doesnt change anything. You still get the 'alien' and 'gender' conversation choices the same as always.

Actually, Chiss Imperial agents get a lot of dialogue where they're specifically called out to be Chiss, and you even have a little background story about where you came from, and talk about being from The Chiss Ascendency, Csilla, etc..

But that's ONLY Chiss agents, you won't get that in any other class as Chiss.

But to the OP, no, unfortunately the republic won't notice that you're playing a "Imperial" race.

Edited by chuixupu

Here's a question, most mentions of race boil down to alien or human indicator. Do the Sith Pureblood's count as aliens in the Republic? They never get the "alien" dialogue in the Empire apart from a few Pureblood specific mentions.

No, they're treated as human

Like everyone else says: as far as plot and conversation options, no playing an Imp race really doesn't make much of a difference.

But, that being said, I have noticed that leveling my Chiss Consular did create a difference in me.

My Miraluka is ok, don't get me wrong- same class, same plot etc, but for some reason or another my Chiss is just way more snarky and far more prone towards going ahead and eating the DS points once in a while due to aggravation and disgust and giving me some really unexpected laughs along the way as a result . ("You want me to fight what? Oh heeellllll no. I think I'm just going to kill you and have done with this whole mess instead there, Mr. Psycho.")

Needless to say that I just found her just a little more enjoyable to play than the Miraluka to the point that my Miraluka is still sitting on Tatooine but I'm about to break 50 on my Chiss this weekend.

I don't claim to understand it but, it has had an effect in how I view the characters and the plot and how I respond to them both as well. So, my advice? Do it anyway! At the very least it makes you a little bit different from the 50-thousand pureblood marauders and human guardians that are already running around out there. :cool:

Actually, Chiss Imperial agents get a lot of dialogue where they're specifically called out to be Chiss, and you even have a little background story about where you came from, and talk about being from The Chiss Ascendency, Csilla, etc..

But that's ONLY Chiss agents, you won't get that in any other class as Chiss.

But to the OP, no, unfortunately the republic won't notice that you're playing a "Imperial" race.

I still remember a patch note about some IA storyline NPC "no longer addressing all alien players as Chiss", or something like that. Watching my girlfriend play her Chiss agent and seeing how specific it got made me wonder what dialogues come up for, say, a Rattataki, but I'm too lazy to reroll mine to find out.