Watch New Galactic Strongholds Announcement Trailer

TaitWatson

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, just silly and amusing when you think about it.

Just as silly as taking anything for granted what is being said in some FAQ and stick to it unaware things could change down the road.

But you stick to it. That's okay. I won't ask you to defend that notion.

Just as silly as taking anything for granted what is being said in some FAQ and stick to it unaware things could change down the road.

But you stick to it. That's okay. I won't ask you to defend that notion.

Ooga booga, the CM is gonna getcha! Ooga booga!

For a long time I have wished that I had a "home base" for my characters as an alternative to leaving them on their ships, or in a cantina, when I log out. The expansions in this game have been great so far, and this is another good one! I am really looking forward to it!

It's amazing how basic, observable reality has no impact on people when they've already made up their minds.

You do know how much **** bioware has announced and went back on?? Were you around for 1.2? They lied for months leading up to that update. (All orange armor in the game was supposed to be craftable. Remember that?) Any long-term player would be stupid to take them at their word.

You do know how much **** bioware has announced and went back on?? Were you around for 1.2? They lied for months leading up to that update. (All orange armor in the game was supposed to be craftable. Remember that?) Any long-term player would be stupid to take them at their word.

Water under the bridge.

Can we maybe stick to judging BioWare based on the current team's performance and let go of all the evils the people who got fired way over a year ago committed?

They sucked then. They're pretty impressive now.

As you so eloquently put it, any long-term player would be stupid not to notice the change.

Edited by DarthTHC

Can we maybe stick to judging BioWare based on the current team's performance and let go of all the evils the people who got fired way over a year ago committed?

They sucked then. They're pretty awesome now.

Any long-term player would notice the change.

Quoted for truth. Seriously, I've been here since early access. They are MUCH better now. Not to mention that was a different team of devs.

Watch the official Galactic Strongholds announcement trailer and get ready to customize your personal Strongholds and launch your Guild Flagship in the new Free-to-Play Digital Expansion, Galactic Strongholds, coming this summer!

Watch Here!

Looking forward to it.

- Arcada

I think it's funny that most of the people who asked for another planet to be an option specifically mentioned Hoth.

I mean, in real life I moved away from upstate New York for a reason . . .

I'd put my Sniper girl on Hoth for a story-related reason.

That said, Hoth has an appeal with all its emptiness and barren beauty. It's the same sort of appeal that pulls people to Tat, as well.

lol why wait? The details are already up on the website.

Or are you one of those sorts who think that the game developers are 'lying' or 'misleading' when they say small, hard-to-misunderstand words?

Most of the hundreds of decor customization items will come from killing stuff, and doing stuff in-game, not the CM.

I will remain skeptical as I said earlier. Bioware saying it will be all through killing stuff or anything similar in the game doesn't mean they can change course over time, or not even necessarily change, feature it alongside it.

But don't mind me, someone having it's own thoughts about the whole thing rubs some drones here the wrong way it seems.

Both of you have a point.

The info is already in the FAQS but you are right it can change down the road if they feel that it doesn't work out as intended or they dont have enough time to make it happen. but thats not the reason you remain skeptical, you think that a majority of deco's will be on CM but that is not true, the faqs already had a statement on how we will require it. What will be on the CM will prolly be the most items craved for such as a Holocron that has Darth Revan coming out of it and quoting a few words, maybe Marka Ragnos his Scepter, Maybe a Dread Master Statue.

but BW did changed allot in the beginning at the launch of the game, promised allot but never made it happen so him being skeptical is no surprised. But BW also stated Guild Flagships will never make it as it would have no function or purpose, although The purpose was stated by many a gathering for guilds only. But now they announced it. But then again, most of those people who were promising the community stuff have been fired and or quite. so it can go both ways.

Having Normal items that dont meet the value prolly wont be on the CM and even if they did you are worried about the fact that you need to pay real money for it but there is also GTN which most likely those items will be placed there if they are taken from CM so all in all there is no need to worry about things unless you are one of the people having trouble making credits, or being a F2P which have credit cap.

anyhow Early Access is not far from now so like you said we will see what happens.

Edited by Rakugo

Can anyone clarify this confusing matter to me:

If I'm a sub on May 11h, but the subscription ends at the beginning of June, will I still get the access to Galactic Strongholds on June 24 despite of being a preferred player then? I will certainly have the unlock of Stronghold with additional rooms and the titles, but I will need to sub again in June or not?

Ok this looks awesome! I was excited when you announced Housing system, but now seeing it with a bit more detail and the awesome added bonus of Guild Ships and legacy bank, it just makes it perfect.

But there are still sooooo many questions!!! ANd i cant wait for the "coming months" :p

Just 1 question that is bugging me ever since it was first announced:

You say we can get stronghold items from crew skills, but what does that mean? Is it gonna be random rewards from missions you send your companions (like slicing, diplomacy, treasure hunting,etc) or is it actually going to be a new Crew Skill that crafts this items?

Please say its a new crew skill. Something like that would probably make use of all kinds of materials available in the game, like metals for metal stuff, components for tech, crystals for shining stuff, etc etc. It would add an extra ingame economical dynamic, since you could actually make use of stuff that you use only to level up that one crew skill and then you never use those mats again. A crew skill for strongholds would really bring a new life to the gtn economy and make some "old" "unused" materials in demand again. Making up for more people actually using their time to gather, craft, etc, and its not like the other crew skills, cause lets say for example: The first item you could make with the new crew skill would be a table or a chair. Its the lowest item, and yet, even when you are 450 level on that skill, there is still a reason for you to make that level 1 chair or table, cause someone will want it anyway regardless of their toons levels. And since the game is so alt friendly, chances are you already have at least 1 of each gathering skill within ur legacy, and then you put all those mats in your legacy bank, and the alt that crafts the stronghold items will be immensely happy with all the resources your other toons have amassed :D

Please please make it so!! :)

More likely than a new crew skill (which would still leave the current crew skills mostly dead aside from a few niche recipes), each crew skill will be able to make pieces and/or parts, which you can place or assemble into furniture decorations. I personally would prefer that...it would give me incentive to log onto my crafting alts again

Can anyone clarify this confusing matter to me:

If I'm a sub on May 11h, but the subscription ends at the beginning of June, will I still get the access to Galactic Strongholds on June 24 despite of being a preferred player then? I will certainly have the unlock of Stronghold with additional rooms and the titles, but I will need to sub again in June or not?

It was the basis of my third question and hasn't been answered yet , it does complicate things for sure. Hopefully they have read mine , yours and many other posters questions on this matter and answer accordingly. There are a number of different situations like this to be addressed.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Congrats to BW for this expansion. I like it very much.

Nevertheless, as I (my alts) use to spend and give away credtis for totally unnecessary items, I see them living under some brdige in Nar Shaddaa as "shaddy characters"...:D

Thanks and keep up with these things!!

As someone mentioned, a Sith's housing would likely look very different from a smuggler or agent.

I hope they let us change things like ambient lighting, wall color, etc so the environment can be changed to fit the owner ie dark/brooding for a dark side toon.

Only thing I really hope for is mannequins so I can put my old armor sets on display instead of cluttering my bank.

I love that idea too.

"You see my old friend, this is the armor I was wearing back in the day when I saved Makeb from destruction" :cool:

Your are correct Oofalong. Those features will come with the official launch of the expansion, not with subscriber early access in June.

-eric

Is there any reason why legacy banks won't be included at the launch for early access and will any other features be unavailable (such as buying items from legacy vendors, pvp vendors, crafting and so on)?