Early access=confusing!

Azuredraco

Let me see if i got this straight! (spelling?). I baught the game like in the end of november and got my early access-code and redeemed it. Then last week i downloaded the gameclient. Everything is set to go.

Today i got my game (not in digital form but disc and so on). In there i got my new code for the game and redeemd it too. Still can't touch the "play" button?.

Do i have to get that email even tough i didnt order the game in digital form?^^

yes...it is still "Early Access" You will not be able to play till you get the e-mil..October invites are going out today supposedly so you will probably be in friday.

Actually they said that they'll be going until around the last week in november today.

Today, we invited people who had pre-ordered up to the very beginning of October (roughly). Tomorrow, we're going to be inviting the same number of people again; that will take us up to the last week or so of November. On Friday, we'll be inviting even more, and we'll give you an update on that tomorrow.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=16391

It is confusing indeed..

I finally got an email "Your Saga Begins", and then I could start playing. Though the content of the mail looked more like a notification that "early game access" had started in general and not especially for me.

Help me understand something please. Your ega depends on the time you preordered the game or on the time you redeemed the code. Because I have preordered the game like a long time ago, but I only redeemed the code at the beggining of the month. I also have the physical copy of the game for about a week, I installed it, patched it, downloaded the clients, subscribed for the recurring game time, filled in the securith questions, filled in my data, so I guess I am now waiting for my e-mail right?

PS: I'm not dumb, just anxious.... :)

Help me understand something please. Your ega depends on the time you preordered the game or on the time you redeemed the code. Because I have preordered the game like a long time ago, but I only redeemed the code at the beggining of the month. I also have the physical copy of the game for about a week, I installed it, patched it, downloaded the clients, subscribed for the recurring game time, filled in the securith questions, filled in my data, so I guess I am now waiting for my e-mail right?

The time you redeemed the code.

Correct, ega depends on the time you redeemed the pre-order code, not the time you pre-ordered. I'd guess you should receive an invite for the EGA any time between today and Saturday, that's just a guess and sorry to be vague.

On the plus side, you're all good to go from the 20th, glad to hear that entering a Product Registration Code seems to be working just fine.

Yes, this is all very confusing. i was late with the preorder, but I'm a patient man and no too bothered with waiting a bit, but the information that EA provides is really very confusing. I have received a letter and downloaded the client. I have activated the license, but when I log in to my account that green checkbox is not checked (just the ones for security questions and contact information) and when I try to register the code again, it says that it is already registered (which makes sense, I already have) but why isn't the box checked?

Also, this rollout is all well and good, but I think it's a bit false advertising to claim 'you may play up to five days early' instead of just giving you a date -- if they get you online sooner that's fine of course and will come as a happy surprise, but at the moment, everything is rather confusing.

EGA depends on when you actually redeemed your pre-order code (ie actually keyed it in to your pc). The earlier you redeemed your pre-order code the sooner you get in.

If you redeemed your pre-order code in December then you'll be granted access in the later waves.

It's my understanding that it's from the time you redeemed the code since they don't really have any way of knowing when you ordered.

The game DVD box has absolutely nothing, nada, null, zero, zip, zilch to do with the Early Access.

Early Access is PURELY about redeeming your emailed "early game access" code (product key), and then waiting for your invitation email in order to play. Also, the invitation email is just a formality, btw. On the same day that you're receiving it, you should get access to the game and the email won't provide you with anything other than a welcoming message.

(I'm assuming the above is correct, because players have reported being able to play the game before they actually got their email, let alone opened it.)

Cheers.

Edited by Zoroth

i order 1 month be for i could even redeem my code i'm already really screwed all my friends have been in for days now and if i cant get in today i ant going to play. ill just stick with BF3 untell Diablo 3.

iv already level solo to 50 3 times. and i want to play a JC anyways but all my friends went Emp

Yes, patience indeed, I am one of the december pre-orders, and even though I keyed the code last friday, site issues made it so I hadn't (even though the code had been used -by me) and yesterday I got confirmation of being pre-ordered (with my code, no less).

I have actually got myself around to the thought of playing just from saturday onward. Anyway, good luck for those of november for today ^^

I pre-ordered and am currently enjoying early access and I know early access is a perk of pre-ordering. However, personally, I think that if someone has physically received the game already, the entry of their game code should allow them into early access. Having the game in-hand and not being able to play it just doesn't seem right to me.

I pre-ordered and am currently enjoying early access and I know early access is a perk of pre-ordering. However, personally, I think that if someone has physically received the game already, the entry of their game code should allow them into early access. Having the game in-hand and not being able to play it just doesn't seem right to me.

They only have the game because some companies decided to send them out early. Which normally is a big no-no. I assume this has to do with BIoware's decision not to allow a grace period.

Totaly agree with you!. Why send out the game when you cannot play...it just creates false hope of "woho i can play". But well, now the situation is like it is...can't do anything about it.... :)

Because too many people cried about not getting their physical copy by the 20th and not being able to play after EGA ends so they sent them early. They could let everyone in on the 20th but then the starter planets would be absolutely swarmed (unless planet instancing works good then I don't know the exact reason) and no one could play.

Ultimately if everyone is annoyed and minimal amount of people are completely pissed, Bioware did their job :cool: