RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

LovarBoy

I think they've had enough time to make up their minds at this point. All we've gotten so far are 2 messages from a community moderator asking us for input and telling us they're taking it into consideration. Meanwhile the general chat on fleet is filled with discontent and anger over the lack of information. Even a message saying there will be no transfer would be better then the silence we're experiencing at the moment.

Imagine a new player coming to LC, enjoying the game and leveling up to around lvl 10. He/She arrives at fleet and sees everyone bashing the server and BW. How inspired do you think he'll be to keep playing on the server or for that matter the game at all. Now that they've started free trials this is even more important since those 1 week players will not even bother to buy the game. What you're doing to LC right now is disaterous to the server and all we're asking for is a simple answer to or questions.

Is this happening or are we gonna keep beeing ignored?

If you're seriously considering it, what are you thinking?

If there is a problem giving us 2 options for destination, is it technical or is it considered unfair to other servers?

Is there any kind of timeframe we can be given on a defenite answer?

Those who had a lvl 50 character at the 1.2 update recieved 30 days free gametime because the ranked pvp feature was missing in that update. I think this indesition on BWs part is a far more serious problem for the players and personally I belive the time has come for us to start demanding extra gametime for the time we keep getting ignored. Right now we're paying full price for an incomplete product.

If this happened with most other products people would be lining up demanding refunds, but since this is a computer game and the audience is younger then in avarage the customers are less likely to know what they can demand and actually damanding it. The younger audience get bored and simply quit and choose to spend their money elswhere in the future.

My subscription is running out tomorrow and I have no plans to renew it. Maybe I'll be back in a few month, maybe I won't. I'm bored and simply quitting and choosing to spend my money elswhere in the future.

Good luck to all the players who hang in there and last of all I want to thank BW for 6 months of great gaming with an awesome game and I regret that it came to a end like this.

wise words* got to hand it to ya :rak_03:

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why I get the feeling that with all this build up....

Bioware will make us somehow pay for our server transfer because they see how desperate we are for it

Our server is dead and Bioware just sit's back in silence while people cancel their subs they do not care

right... I'm not desperate. I'm giving them last chance before I'm gonna go full hate mode on them and not gonna ever buy game from their company and spread the word, what kind of practices they do.

Hi folks, as promised, I have a bit of an update. We are still examining this unique situation with the three European RP-PvP servers and we are working on various possible scenarios and what their impact will be. Rest assured that we will communicate to you as soon as we have the most optimal scenario. Thank you for your continued patience with this.

Hi folks, as promised, I have a bit of an update. We are still examining this unique situation with the three European RP-PvP servers and we are working on various possible scenarios and what their impact will be. Rest assured that we will communicate to you as soon as we have the most optimal scenario. Thank you for your continued patience with this.

Could you at least tell us those "various possible scenarios"?

This is an update? As far as I can tell you're just repeating what you said before the weekend.

Please don't treat us like this.

What are the various possible scenarios? If we knew this we might be able to assist you in your choises.

When can we expect something to actually happen? If you told us an approximate timeframe you'd go a long way to calm us down.

I appriciate your effort and I know this isn't your fault, but this is too little too late. We want to know what's going on!

Update? what update? Theres nothing specific in there, no information on any of these various possible scenario's that are so called being worked on. No ETA on how long we are going to be stuck like this, No apology for being left out while everyone gets to play the subscription-based game they paid for and in most cases are continuing to pay for. Nothing about having,at the very least, the last 4 days of sub time refunded to the players affected. In short you told us nothing.

As for patience well....I think you can see from most of the posts that this is something that is in very very short supply.

While i know this is not your fault directly JovethGonzalez, still as part of the BW machine surely you have some influence and can get us at least some information on what is going on, not PR spin & damage control.

Sincerely

A very dissatisfied customer.

Edited by DizzyrupTor
typos

What i would like to know is there anything we can do speed up the process? Sure im dissapointed and frustrated as anyone else. But at this point ill rather be helpful and get things done, than raging in forums. I think we all benefit if we try help each other instead.

I understand it cant be easy to decide to remove our unique server tag entirely from EU, just as Bioware i think many players would like this game have a future. I myself chosed the RP-PVP tag for various reasons, and would like to stay on Lord Calypho (NOT at the current situation). So what options do you guys have? In what direction are you working in? If you decide to do nothing can we get some help with "promoting" our RP-PVP tagged servers?

Edited by Jerro

Could you at least tell us those "various possible scenarios"?

Wouldn't be surprised if they let the players transfer to a RP-PvE server or a normal PvP server (probalby with an option to choose which one they would prefer). Lets Face it, Bioware didn't planed to have RP-PvP Server until very close before the release of the game... And I already can see how people will hate that but people will leave the RP-PvP server and make it only worse for those who would like to stay.

Wouldn't be surprised if they let the players transfer to a RP-PvE server or a normal PvP server (probalby with an option to choose which one they would prefer). Lets Face it, Bioware didn't planed to have RP-PvP Server until very close before the release of the game... And I already can see how people will hate that but people will leave the RP-PvP server and make it only worse for those who would like to stay.

i hope that happens

ALso been in the french forums, the guys from the french RP-PVP server are having the same problem

If they merge the 3 servers im out

a la merde ------------------>

If they merge the 3 servers im out

Yes, I think that would be the worst BioWare could do (but they have made stupid decisions before, so it wouldn't surprise me if they make again a stupid decision). The Language barrier makes RP (and most group content) not very enjoyable. Sure, the server would be more populated then, but mostly with people one cannot really play together.

Edited by Drudenfusz

We are discussing the various options available to us whilst keeping this thread on the front page, which is exactly what this thread was created for and ask for by the CS guys, but thanks for your constructive input.

I relied on Bioware to implement world pvp, not putting multiple lvl 50 champs at every base beacuse as invariably happens in true world pvp one side is pushed back to there nearest base where at the moment they can sit happliy and wait for the attackers to get bored as going near them results in near instant death with properly geared tanks and healers and before you ask, I was there in WoW for the TM/SS fights and I was there when BLizz killed it off by adding DK's, also there is true low lvl ganking, a lvl 50 on nar shadda killing lvl 25's is ganking, and the low lvls will not kill the lvl 50 no matter how skilled they are, however I don't class this as world pvp, maybe I'm alone in that though.

TM/SS battles were EPIC back in the day! But they were dead long before DKs.

Edit: Oh you mean dishonorable kills and not death knights. Yea, it died off a bit but alot of people still did it even after DKs. I always felt it was arena that killed it off.

Edited by mjmcooke

Yes, I think that would be the worst BioWare could do (but they have made stupid decisions before, so it wouldn't surprise me if they make again a stupid decision). The Language barrier makes RP (and most group content) not very enjoyable. Sure, the server would be more populated than, but mostly with people one cannot really play together.

I very much agree on that, merging the three RP-PVP servers into one is really the worst possible solution. I dont think neither of the populations will accept this solution.

Interpretation: they might be working on it, they may be ignoring us. And "after the weekend" is infact monday and for your information it's not morning anymore ... it's tuesday, but they haven't reported anything so far so why start now.

"After the weekend" COULD be monday, it could also be tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday, the following weekend, next week, next month, next year, etc.

1. "As promised...".

08/06/12 - Thread was opened.

19/06/12 - "We are still examining this unique situation...Rest assured that we will communicate to you as soon as we have the most optimal scenario."

dunno when - "Finally, we did it! Thank you fo your patience, folks".

I dont see the reason why I should pay for it. And I will never buy any Bioware/EA games and I wiil say to all my friends about your perfect service.

What a fail, kids!

2. "As we have the most optimal scenario..."

First,

The word "optimal" has not the Superlative Degree. If you have to prepare your answer during 10 days, try to write well.

Second,

I have some suggestions for your "optimal scenario" to sweeten the situation:

• Free transfer to the servers each LC player wants;
  • Free 3 months of the game;
  • Invitations to the game to the unsubscribed LC players.

I'm not sure but it could save your face.

... I'm going to unsubscribe. I will be back if only all my suggestions will be done.

The vast majority does not want that. Its easy to see what they want from this thread and the previous..

The vast majority are not in this thread, though. That's why they're not doing a poll:

Joveth Gonzalez ‏@Joveth

the problem with a poll is that not everyone that plays visits our forums

What BioWare does have along with this thread, however, is everything people say in the chat channels in the game, on the servers in question themselves.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

Lets face it,best scenario is merge the 3 rp-pvp and make it international,english one want it,french one want it,german one want.It will be nice after all,do it BIO.

To tell the truth, this wouldn't be that bad, assuming the population indicators work well, their servers reach at least Standard status in the evenings. Tho what I want is server like Tomb of Freedon(...) where there are 300 players at least on both sides... we didn't even have that at the game launch...

The vast majority are not in this thread, though. That's why they're not doing a poll:

What BioWare does have along with this thread, however, is everything people say in the chat channels in the game, on the servers in question themselves.

So again: why did they want feedback here in the first place? Since according to you what the majority wants here should ignored? And Tbh, if they cba to express their oppinon where it's needed - they vote blank imo.

So again: why did they want feedback here in the first place? Since according to you what the majority wants here should ignored? And Tbh, if they cba to express their oppinon where it's needed - they vote blank imo.

You know, you really should read every word I type, including the part that says "along with this thread"....

Well this is disappointing to say the least, looks like Bioware employees go home and forget their troubles at the end of the week and hope that things have sorted themselves out by the start of the next week.

Congratulation guys .... we've only made you wait a week;

New flash : We have received a yellow post with no time frame at all on it for our *unique ghost town server*

So while we look at server selection screen and see all those lucky people who got transfers on their heavy server

we have to wait god knows how long for something to happen... There is no point even following this post now

Bioware will just keep on buying themselves more time