PvP Quiters

Lord_

In some matches do you blame them? Take a match with 3 healers vs. none.

Gives you an opportunity to figure out a diff way to win....I got in a WZ against ALL juggs/mara the other day. Did I quit no. That was just the way I got matched. I took my lumps. Killed some and got my lesser comms. That's life. Quitters.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally support this. Quitters wanna quit, fine. A D/C is one thing, but it'll be a few minutes before they reconnect or reload anyways, so set it at a warning, then 5 min, and scale it up if they do it more often.

Hell, tonight a very good pvper left a Civil War only to get placed right back in it when he re-queued a minute later. All he said was along the lines of 'you haven't lost yet?! hurry up already!' but at least he stuck around the second time.

Edited by Houzukimaru

There needs to be a time penalty for anybody that leaves a PvP match. Every player isn't created equal and sometimes you lose. When people quit in the middle it ruins the match. Sometime we have been able to come back and the joke is on those that quit, but enough is enough. Place a 2 or 3 hour penalty on them for leaving the match!!!!

Can't tell if trolling or just F'in stupid.

There is entirely to much STUPID in this game for me to stay in every match.

I see pve gear, I'm out.

I see morons not callin incs, I'm out

I see corner hiding afkers, I'm out

You get the picture Sir?

I don't require wins. I don't require uber geared EWH players.

I DO require you simply not be STUPID!!!

I'm out!!

I have left a warzone 3 times today... I god dam hate ending up in a warzone which is ending in the next 30 seconds, if I am lucky I can run out and get a 2.5 and 5k damage medal and thats it. Well, I have no problem with losing a warzone but this is so dam annoying. If there should be a penalty for leaving a warzone it should be dependent on the warzones state when you entered.

There needs to be a time penalty for anybody that leaves a PvP match. Every player isn't created equal and sometimes you lose. When people quit in the middle it ruins the match. Sometime we have been able to come back and the joke is on those that quit, but enough is enough. Place a 2 or 3 hour penalty on them for leaving the match!!!!

or 24 hours penalty and second time full ban on account?

lol

Oh good another day and ANOTHER one of these stupid threads. There's a reason why people quit warzones and its 95% down to stupid people doing stupid things. The other 5% are crashing to desktop.

The solution is simple. If you're stupid, stay out of a warzone. If you don't know what you are doing - FIND OUT FIRST via youtube/forum posts etc.

Yesterday a fresh lvl 50 said it was his first warzone - He had zero expertise and everyone bailed. People need to take some responsibility instead of being stupid and spoiling pvp for those who like to pvp and actually play to win.

lol no. not everyone quits because they are losing. but losing makes it a whole lot easier to answer the phone, pay attention to the child/wife, or whatever....either way I vote an emphatic no to penalty for quitting a match.

What we NEED is the ability to vote for the resign of a match. Let anyone who wants to quit, go ahead and do just that, quit. But put them in the quitters lounge until the match is over. Make them watch teh rest of the match from a lounge area and not let them go on about their merry way.

There are plenty of times i need to quit and has nothing to do with losing. I sure as hell dont want to be boxed out for a couple hours, no sir.

But is sure would be nice to be able to put an end to the misery of an obvious mismatch and unnecessary throttling of a pug team.

Don't blame the quitters. Blame the mechanics/parameters/provisions that are in place currently. Quitters are only trying to relieve the pain and anguish of mudhole stompings. ;)

yup penalize people for quitting so then they can just defend and rage the entire match.

ill take rage quitting over afk/defending anyday.

If you are going to have green armor after hitting 50 and not get recruit gear... I should be able to vote you out, since that doesn't work, I should be able to leave. The only exception to that, is if you pay my $15 a month sub... I will then be willing to listen.

If I see you running pve gear and refusing to get into pvp gear, see above statement.

If I see you pulling the opposition to score in huttball or being "convenient" leap targets, see the above.

If I see you AFK, not doing anything, see the above.

I hope you catch on, I am not here to piggyback people to victory. I will just leave, if all the upper extremity amputees are on my side, I will just log into another game. This is a game where you put yourself and your team in the best position to win, if you do not meet that criteria, I honestly just don't want to play with you. It truly sux for everyone, but I persuade my team not to help people who refuse to help yourself. There is no PVP welfare, obama doesn't run this.

So to all you quitters who are actually decent PVPrs, EFF U. I'm average, I'm not the best and I'll n4ever claim to be anything more than a casual PVPr, but I won't quit. You leave because you need someone to carry you. You really are no better than the bads.

You just make it worse on those of us who don't quit. My toons at least come in the WZ with 1200 expertise and you whiney little brats who quit ruin our fun by quitting. You should all be penalized. If you can't take a beating then stop queuing.

So to all you quitters who are actually decent PVPrs, EFF U. I'm average, I'm not the best and I'll n4ever claim to be anything more than a casual PVPr, but I won't quit. You leave because you need someone to carry you. You really are no better than the bads.

You just make it worse on those of us who don't quit. My toons at least come in the WZ with 1200 expertise and you whiney little brats who quit ruin our fun by quitting. You should all be penalized. If you can't take a beating then stop queuing.

GIve us a way to kick people.

GIve us a way to kick people.

I have no control over the content of the game. However, what I hear you saying is that until you get you way, you are going to pout and quit. That makes you the loser, not the people who come in and stay even wearing PVE gear.

I have no control over the content of the game. However, what I hear you saying is that until you get you way, you are going to pout and quit. That makes you the loser, not the people who come in and stay even wearing PVE gear.

Not really. I just have a high value of my time. If I feel it is being wasted, I move on. They can lose just fine on their own without me. Nothing changed, they were going to lose, they will end up losing, the only difference is I saved 10-15 minutes of my time.

You enjoy your pvp welfare.

If you aren't coming to play and improve other people in your group (you can do that with three classes when you have no gear, called guard), when you don't have the ability to go get recruit gear, using your pve gear, you diminish the likelihood of success. Just like if you don't go to school, get accepted to college, obtain a job that is financially rewarding instead of needing people to take care of you... the likelihood of you being successful severely decreases.

I will not be apart of PVP welfare.

Edited by Jarfunkz

Gives you an opportunity to figure out a diff way to win....I got in a WZ against ALL juggs/mara the other day. Did I quit no. That was just the way I got matched. I took my lumps. Killed some and got my lesser comms. That's life. Quitters.

You could look at it though and think you are cheating yourself by not getting into a match that will be more fun.

I won't leave a match honestly lost but you cannot compel me to stick out a game populated by idiots. I don't mean new/inexperienced players, I mean the filth that enter a game for the daily in pve gear.

I won't leave a match honestly lost but you cannot compel me to stick out a game populated by idiots. I don't mean new/inexperienced players, I mean the filth that enter a game for the daily in pve gear.

Or the ones that find it necessary to leave a node to kill chase because they feel that they're too good to node guard, and die. Continuously.

Theres a difference between rage quiting when you're losing over having a stupid team that cant listen at all. I personally think I am pretty decent at PvP whichever class I'm playing on. I get tired of getting into HB matches where all my team does is deathmatch it on the side of the stadium while I'm the only one hitting the ball carrier. On top of that my most hated thing is getting dropped into an in progress WZ in civil war or coast with a triple cap against my team, a HB game with 5-0 and they are about to score, and Voidstar games that are in round 2. No one should have to play with people they dont want to play with and that is why you can leave warzones. Some people abuse that but you cant punish everyone for something that one *****hole does.

Since I have toons on both sides of the spectrum, I have the luxury to see who is queuing on the opposing side. I know if I'm going to be facing pugs or the face rollers who would rather queue against pugs than use the RWZs that they QQd until released which they never queue. If the pvp face-roll guilds are queuing, I don't queue with or against them. Win or lose, the challenge is the ultimate goal and something the face-rollers obviously don't get.

That being said, i really don't blame the WZ quitters when faced with insurmountable odds. If they had a pug only option, I'd bet real money that it pops a lot more than the "premade" queues.

I'm in the same situation as you. Pug vs Pug is quite rare and you are usually matched against a premade regardless of faction. PUG and premade are completely incompatible if for no other reason than heals as pugs seldom have them while the premades have at least two.

So if a PVP quitter is someone who encounters a stacked healing team that prevents me from even getting two kills as I die over and over and over getting no comms then count me in as someone who quits.

i only read the title of this thread and just wanted to say yes there should be a time penalty. i also would like to point out that more people would stay if players STOPPED CHEATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is all.

Not really. I just have a high value of my time. If I feel it is being wasted, I move on. They can lose just fine on their own without me. Nothing changed, they were going to lose, they will end up losing, the only difference is I saved 10-15 minutes of my time.

You enjoy your pvp welfare. I will not be apart of PVP welfare.

The people who bail on the team when the enemy team caps two nodes, plants a bomb or scores...

The people who bail on the team when it has too many Recruit-geared players....

The people who bail on the team when they realize they are going against a certain premade....

never realize that it is them who's gimping their team not the poor Recruit guy who's at least giving the warzone his best shot.

i only read the title of this thread and just wanted to say yes there should be a time penalty. i also would like to point out that more people would stay if players STOPPED CHEATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is all.

Who are these people that are cheating? Lately all I've hearing about are hackers and cheaters yet I've never actually witnessed it myself. Maybe it's just laggy wzs and it looks like they're cheating.

The people who bail on the team when the enemy team caps two nodes, plants a bomb or scores...

The people who bail on the team when it has too many Recruit-geared players....

The people who bail on the team when they realize they are going against a certain premade....

never realize that it is them who's gimping their team not the poor Recruit guy who's at least giving the warzone his best shot.

Yesterday I joined an in progress Novare Coast where we were down 50% to 100%....we turned the game around and held two caps and won the game. Just goes to show you that sometimes the people that leave the match early are the ones that are bad.