This game needs a LFG tool desperately!

I have so many Heroic quests that I cannot do because there only seems to be like 80 people on this planet at any one time and most of them do their own thing. The ones that want to group never seem to be doing things at the same time as you and because of the travel time it's such an effort to get people together.

It wouldn't be so bad if there was a LFG chat as standard but instead everyone is spamming General which becomes really annoying. Also there is only a 25 quest limit, why not put heroic quests on their own thing so they do not count? A lot of the time I have to do other things while I'm waiting for a group and I cannot take quests unless I drop one of the heroics. The thing is I cannot remember when I got each quest from and as they're repeatable I wouldn't know if I have done it already.

LFG tools have become standard in MMOs now and they make grouping so much more fun. You can all get in a group and instantly warp to the location that you want to do the quests in. It would allow people to just effortlessly get into a group without having to ask a hundred times on chat and wait for an hour.

It doesn't help that people are instanced over a few different planets either. Not having this tool though is really making playing this game hard work and I'm not having fun trying to complete heroic stuff. I don't know if I'm playing the game wrong but my Sith Assassin seems to struggle with even heroic 2+ with my pets. I'm not using the droid you get because he repeats the same thing about wanting to please me over and over and the other mutant guy lacks a good tank.

Any ways, LFG tool please!

Edit: Btw I mean a proper one like how WoW does it, not what is in the game currently.

Edited by Miffy

Better idea:

• No LFG Tool.

• Impliment a Global LFG Channel players can opt out and rejoin on a whim.

Best of both worlds.

This and only this should be listened to. The reason why we all don't want a LFG system exactly like WoW's is because that is what really was the catalyst for LOTS of people leaving WoW. The servers no longer actually needed a community and most of the people you get paired up with don't even have a clue what they are doing. The only reason I could even think as to why any of you people asking for this really want it is because you have never played a MMO without it and therefore do not understand how close the community of a server can become without one.

As for you not being able to do certain things because there are no people, I have two answers to that:

1. You have out-leveled everyone else and there are not enough people where you are (yet). Give it time and there will eventually be people there with you.

2. You play at really odd hours for your server which would basically make sure no one is on when you are. Only remedy for this is to try and play at more regular hours.

P.S. Bioware, please do not ever, ever, EVER implement a LFG system. A LFG chat channel that spans the whole galaxy is ok as long as we have the option to enter and leave it at will.

I support this idea. Better team forming tool will make getting into a Flashpoint group much easier. The OP brought it up but let me emphasize it. The tool should be accessible to all players on the same server, regardless of location or instance.

I don't know why WoW is brought up all the time. The way things are now, just guys yelling randomly over General chat while wasting away on the fleet station, is no community at all. If you want to be form a group of FP friends or do it with your guild mates and not make use of the system, fine. Why should the rest of us suffer the lack of a basic service because of it?

Edited by Satans_Chosen

I support this idea. Better team forming tool.

Did you honestly just say what you just did? I challenge you to go play WoW now with the LFG with the knowledge of how the game was before the LFG as well as any MMO out right now with an LFG and please come back and tell me with a straight face that a LFG tool is in fact a better team forming tool than actually looking for people yourself.

Did you honestly just say what you just did? I challenge you to go play WoW now with the LFG with the knowledge of how the game was before the LFG as well as any MMO out right now with an LFG and please come back and tell me with a straight face that a LFG tool is in fact a better team forming tool than actually looking for people yourself.

I don't play WoW.

And yes, a LFG is better than looking for people yourself. My three years of playing GW has demonstrated that. Of the hundreds of times I've looked for a team, I can count the instances where I couldn't find one after 15 min on one hand. Yesterday I spend more than 30 looking for a team for cademimu. 15 to to get 3 ppl, and another 15 just to find a tank.

Edited by Satans_Chosen

Then why do you want a system that you don't even fully understand? What game are you coming from that is the reason why you think it is needed?

Why do you believe that a tool for forming groups is indicative of WoW and only WoW-player can fully understand it?

Edited by Satans_Chosen

Edit: Btw I mean a proper one like how WoW does it, not what is in the game currently.

I love how WoW is always the so-called standard, yet so many people are leaving it for so many reasons including lack of community, which was destroyed by the so-called tool you are so desperately requesting.

Again, in another thread about the stupid LFG tool I will say, join a guild and problem solved.

Do you know why I'm currently browsing the forum and reading idiotic replies of people not wanting the dungeon finder tool? Because i'm in game, alt tabbed, while one of my friends as party leader is searching for the last person to fill the party to run hcs.

He has been at it for 1 hour and a half now, and profanities on mumble are starting to fill the christmas air.

Why no? It's amazing and made grouping fun in MMOs and there is no downside what so ever.

Because when it was introduced in wow, it exposed me to so much absoloutely disgusting human refuse, i stopped using it to group with.

Now, if it was just server specific that might be ok. At least if it's your own server, eventually there gets to be more of a community feel, people get known and it's harder for the less than pleasent types to practice their craft...

Edited by kylrapture

I love how WoW is always the so-called standard, yet so many people are leaving it for so many reasons including lack of community, which was destroyed by the so-called tool you are so desperately requesting.

Again, in another thread about the stupid LFG tool I will say, join a guild and problem solved.

Pople say WoW was destroyed for every frigging reason.

The LFG tool made the game more fun for me because I didn't have to wait hours to get groups just to have some one leave because they had to have dinner or something. With that tool I got a group within 10 mins and we were in the dungeons and having a blast.

The reason why the worlds are dead are because of the linear structure where most players are at the end game. It happens in these linear based theme park MMOs and guess what more people quit the game because they can never find a group and get bored playing alone and waiting.

What ruined WoW for me? It got OLD and that is the main reason for everyone else, you cannot play a game for 6 years without it getting old. For me personally I was bored of it after a year because that is longer than Iv'e played any game without getting bored. I loved SWG Pre CU but I got bored of playing for a year and took a break for 6 months.

What WoW needs is a way of making the games server into one where it can clone multiple instances of the same zone so EVERYONE who is playing can play together. Server communities are ******** because in 6 months time when this game has settled down and everyone is at the end game, good luck getting a group without a cross realm LFG tool.

Like "oh Battlegrounds killed World PVP"........ no nothing to fight for kill world PVP

Just put this tool into the game or a lot more people will quit.

Because when it was introduced in wow, it exposed me to so much absoloutely disgusting human refuse, i stopped using it to group with.

Now, if it was just server specific that might be ok. At least if it's your own server, eventually there gets to be more of a community feel, people get known and it's harder for the less than pleasent types to practice their craft...

Then the problem isn't the tool but there needing to be a way to punish these players, which btw I've never seen in WoW using that tool. If people are having bad experiences then why not just have a rating system so people get shamed if they constantly do this?

It is a simple thing to sort out.