Potential Slicing Nerf already?!

Bandel

the fact that slicing is the only way to get recipes for biochem is annoying. the othre crew skills have a chance at recipes from their respective mission crew skill, but not biochem.

i'm 400 now and have never seen a recipe from diplomacy. i have however picked up no less than 4 from my alt who is doing only slicing.

I am level 35 with 400 slicing, have been for quite a while actually. I have never been hurt for money. By the time I was level 25 I had 120k so 48k for training and mount was a drop in the bucket. I've done 3 inventory expansion modules, have all up to date gear etc and I currently have 270k credits.

At max level the trick is to due only the rich/abundant/bountiful missions. I love slicing because I'm too lazy to craft, I would much rather pay other people for crafted goods.

My goal now is to get rich before they nerf it.

I could see them reducing both the costs and the payouts. You'd still make a profit, but smaller and more slowly.

This thred bring me to another gripe I have about BW dev staff, why have forums if you only read and respond to twitter feeds?

Oh well....

Seriously, can someone link to all their Twitter feeds, please?

Awhile ago I gave up coming here for info and started going to SWTOR on Twitter. But I don't have the dev accounts.

the fact that slicing is the only way to get recipes for biochem is annoying. the othre crew skills have a chance at recipes from their respective mission crew skill, but not biochem.

i'm 400 now and have never seen a recipe from diplomacy. i have however picked up no less than 4 from my alt who is doing only slicing.

I have bad news for you. Slicing doesn't give any Biochem recipes. Just Cybertech.

Edited by Felioats

Seems the only people QQ'ing about slicing are the one's who weren't smart enough to actually read about all the crew skills before choosing one. AS people have said, you can easily drop one and take up slicing yourself.

Well you just pointed out the problem. If there is only one "must have" crew skill, then the system is broken. Anyone can level slicing to 400 in a few days, That is not the point. You want to avoid a situation where everyone needs to take slicing to keep up with inflation because that would be terrible game design.

Edited by SigmaX

Here is one thing people should consider, the recipes are pretty useless and will saturate the market pretty fast end game.

The only reason to take slicing is the augments. The monetary gain is now pretty low, you may as well kill a few mobs and sell their trash.

IMO Slicing should make money early on. That way a person leveling doesn't have to get emersed into economy flux and AH bidding to get their way to a speeder and a few expensive leveling items. At max level it should top out and stop returning boxes or very few.

Instead of credits and schems, I think it should give random high level crafting materials and pre craftd items. Makes everything worth something, maybe a lot to you and maybe a lot to someone else without flooding the market with any credits or one type of crafting item.

Also you could then go back and send your companions on lower level short missions to make the higher yield back like you did while leveling... TO COUNTER... mission quests TIMES should be based off character levels and not the yield they return. Therefore a level 50 toon can't do level 25 slicing missions and get big yields without sacrificing a long time on the mission itself.

Slicing doesn't need a nerf... it needs to be changed in how it works. Its viable and helpful like the rest.