Game Update 7.4.1c coming April 3 ×

ONe time password freaking annoying

Get rid of it. I thought it was a one time thing, now it is happening all the time and it starts changing. Making it a pain in the *** to log in the *********** game. Please get rid of this crap , I have enough bullcrap and my own password and security questions, *** do I need this stupid thing? Edited by DarkPharohEclip

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If any thing this one time password is jeopardizing my whole account. We all know how easy it is to hack into an email address, now bioware and ea keep on sending us passwords that is putting our accounts at risk. Stop it now, it is unnecessary and damn right annoying.

two words: Security Key.[/quote

Well I have a few words for you.

I am not wasting the money on that security key for this game, It's not my bank account, if somebody wants to go through the trouble to hack my account, good for them.

This is just an attempt by ea and bioware to annoy people into buying that security key so they don't have to deal with this ****, and I'm not falling for it.

I am not wasting the money on that security key for this game, It's not my bank account, if somebody wants to go through the trouble to hack my account, good for them.

This is just an attempt by ea and bioware to annoy people into buying that security key so they don't have to deal with this ****, and I'm not falling for it.

:rolleyes:

You know the phone app is free, right?

You know you get 100 cartel coins each month simply for having a security key, right?

You know you get 100 cartel coins each month simply for having a security key, right?

What phone app? If it is the security key , I didn't know it was free. What if I don't have a cell phone? I do have an iphone, but how did you know that?

If the security key is free on the iphone and I don't have to pay for it, then I may download it.. but that doesn't keep this new system from being annoying.

What phone app? If it is the security key , I didn't know it was free. What if I don't have a cell phone? I do have an iphone, but how did you know that?

If the security key is free on the iphone and I don't have to pay for it, then I may download it.. but that doesn't keep this new system from being annoying.

Dude.... free app for your phone. What rock you been sleeping under???

Once you add a security key, you won't get the one time passwords anymore.

The app is free. It will require you to put in a random set of numbers any time you log you in. However your account will never be hacked and you'll get 100 CCs a month.

I've been using it since launch.

Edited by DaRoamer

Seriously??? It's right there on the log-in page. "What is this?" is linked right at the Security Key entry space.

http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/2201

Reading is fundamental.

Seriously??? It's right there on the log-in page. "What is this?" is linked right at the Security Key entry space.

Reading is fundamental.

There ya go. Had to take a cheap shot. "HAha Reading is fundamental" , well gee no **** sherlock. Obviously I can read or I wouldn't be responding in this thread. Maybe ,unlike you, I don't wrap my whole life around this game, so i am not aware of all the details on the website.

Edited by DarkPharohEclip

There ya go. Had to take a cheap shot. "HAha Reading is fundamental" , well gee no **** sherlock. Obviously I can read or I wouldn't be responding in this thread. Maybe ,unlike you, I don't wrap my whole life around this game, so i am not aware of all the details on the website.

Maybe if your posts were more measured and polite you wouldn't be getting such sarcastic replies?

Well even I don't support ignorance and mindless begging for something without research yourself first, I really hate ******** comments such are "under what rock are you sleeping".

What exactly do you expect to get after that remark?

"Sorry kind sir, my rock is currently broken, and Im unable to move it and read info about security key"

Well works in both ways, he ranted about one time password, and yeah some of us do have kids that DONT have iPhone, Android, Blackberry (sorry my rock is poor and I cannot afford it for my kid, and I dont think he actually need one, and security key for a game is sad excuse for getting one) and hardware key is both out of stock, and out from Europe so his original rant regarding annoyance with one time password is perfectly valid.

Also lots of ISP's under my poor sad rock over here issue dynamic IP's and most of the time you get different since lease duration of IP addresses is extremely low. So instead of being paranoid they should try to develop better system. And guess what, my Google account was hacked by having my password, and yet Google didnt allowed that connection since it figured that its not my regular behavior and what not. Never got leaked anything since attacker never managed to login and guess what I dont have security key on my Google account.

Yes he/she (OP) could do some reading, but replying in a way that might bring out more rude reply's is not the way of helping. More like trolling and desire to say something even if you dont have anything smart to say...

My 2 cents anyway.

TL : DR

Those are not the droids we are looking for; Move along

Edited by SettGirkkurn

It is funny, I think that if you have dynamic IP, the oh-so-very-popular-for-some-reason Steam will do the exact same thing, sending you a email with password to authorize the new IP. But you do not see anyone raging about that...

Get a Security Key as either a FREE Android/iOS app, or buy the keychain fob for it (sadly, official site has them "out of stock" for some reason, but they can be bought elsewhere from what i understand), and all problems are solved.

two words: Security Key.

Three more words:

"Out of Stock"

:eek::(:mad:

See here: http://www.swtor.com/buy

Having to run your mail programm, open the mail, copy the password, paste into SWTOR or your browser, and close the mailer again is what the British call an embuggerance .

Not to mention the mails accumulating every time you play, or log into this web site.

Edited by Hammamelis

Three more words:

"Out of Stock"

:eek::(:mad:

See here: http://www.swtor.com/buy

Having to run your mail programm, open the mail, copy the password, paste into SWTOR or your browser, and close the mailer again is what the British call an embuggerance .

Not to mention the mails accumulating every time you play, or log into this web site.

This has already been addressed:

Reading is fundamental.

/snip
The problem is that the physical security key fobs are out of stock from official site, and there has been no official word (to my knowledge) on when they will become available again. And not everyone has Android or Apple device

This has already been addressed:

And your point is?

Apparently under US law the physical security key can no longer be sold outside of the US and Canada. That scuppers the rest of the world's players.

I'm sure that I'm not the only subscriber to not own a smartphone, so a phone "app" is about as useful as a chocolate teapot to me.

Cell phone anyone? Free program.

i myself do not care for having to wait on an e-mail everytime I try to log in on the game. I have played many games online over the years and this the first I have ever had to do this. I do not want to add a security key as it is just one more thing for me to lose. What does one do when the battery runs down on the code generator? I have not seen a way to open it and change battery.

i only get the standard 500... and i have had a key since they first added them...

I don't have a Smartphone, I'm not in the US, and I'm certainly not paying more money for a security key besides my sub just to be able to log into the game without this stupid new inconvenience.

If I have to continue to have to log into my mail account each time I want to log into the game, just so I can play it, I might as well not keep subscribing.

The most ridiculous thing I have seen in an MMO for a long time.

You can download free app with the security code. Be wary, many report that it's glitchy and there is issues with it. I'd recommend using a spare smartphone u don't use anymore (i got my old xperia play) to act solely as ur sec key ;)

I am getting over 600 cartel coins a month with everything I got. TOR rolled f2p and it means lots of more hackers. They need extra security. Imo it would be nice to if they asked to verify through e-mail every third day since ur last verification. And track ips which were logging into the account, like Guild Wars 2 does.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

two words: Security Key.

Not everyone have a smartphone

Not everyone live in US to buy a token ( it's out of stock btw )

Not like the app work perfectly, lot of ppl have trouble with it ( hint : check customer service )

two words : shut up

Edited by river_of_Gem