Remi the Grey

kabeone

Part 2.12 Serenity

“You are ready.” Master Zyel pronounced.

“To?” Remi asked. They stood in an odd building. It was built out of spare logs and had rusty wire nets hung between beams. Several wild animals lived in the building; they were all sick or injured.

“To touch the Force.” Zyel said seriously. Then she smiled, she was pleased that Remi showed no fear only acceptance.

“Ok,” Remi said looking around, “I hope you’re not going to have me slaughter wounded animals with my lightsaber.”

“You’re really gross sometimes, Padawan.” Zyel said shuddering at the thought. Remi gave her an evil grin, as a healer, Zyel was especially sensitive toward the wounded and even more so toward animals.

“Kira told me,” she said sternly regaining her composure, “That part of your descent into madness was because you healed Lord Scourge from a mortal wound.”

Remi shrugged helplessly, “That’s what she told me but I was already crazy from killing a Sith Lord.”

“If you can heal a mortal wound,” Zyel said ignoring the part about killing, “you have a great aptitude for it. It is late for you to learn the skills of a healer but if you practice, you will eventually be quite good at it. Maybe a retirement job when you’re too old to swing that saber of yours.” She teased.

“You mean tomorrow then.” Remi grinned, getting old was something they often joked about since they were roughly the same age.

“To heal with the Force, requires more of your inner strength at first, but it is a better start for you because you will not have to worry about the chaos of emotions you get during a fight.” The master picked up a manka kitten with a wounded paw. “Now, open yourself, and begin.”

Remi opened her senses, she did not fear the smoky swirl of her dark side, she did not even fear the fiery maelstrom of the Emperor, she knew the light was there and she could reach it. She reached for the Force, it flowed, and she let it flow through her. She focused on the kitten, she thought of healing, she asked the Force for strength; Master Zyel’s presence silently guided her through the process. When she opened her eyes, the kitten was squirming to be let down, its paw was healed and now that it was not in pain, it hungered.

Remi sat down abruptly on the rough wooden floor. She felt like she had run for an hour but her heart felt light, for the first time in years, she felt whole.

Zyel smiled, “It is a beginning.” She said, she had meant it as a compliment but for a moment, Remi looked sad. Then the moment passed, perhaps it was just her imagination.

Remi practiced with Master Zyel every day, eventually they moved on to helping heal bigger injuries on people instead of animals. Remi would never be a great healer, and healing any real wound drained her energy completely. However, the lessons strengthened her connection to the Force; she had more understanding of how it worked and how to direct it. Finally, she returned to practicing with her lightsaber, thinking that she could eventually teach the initiates as she used to. Master Zyel and Kira encouraged this train of thought; it meant Remi considered staying on Tython.

Remi sat on the steps that led to the training grounds and watched the initiates. They were learning Shii-Cho form. She frowned when the instructor did not correct their stance and paid too much attention to their hands. She was wearing a soft robe dress, one of her favorites, but she was still tempted to run down there and show him how to teach proper form.

“Tell me about Lord Scourge.” Master Zyel said sitting next to her.

The question did not surprise her. She was able to use the Force without going insane. She was stronger and more stable than she had been before she was turned by the Emperor. She knew the question of what she wanted to do would come up eventually. “Is there something specific you want to know or should I just start at the beginning?” She thought back to their first meeting, it felt so long ago.

“You love him.” Master Zyel stated.

“Yes.” Remi answered, she felt no shame and she saw no point in denying it or pretending she no longer felt it.

“When did you know?”

“Probably when I was turned by the Emperor,” Remi closed her eyes, she had not considered the timing before but when she said it, it felt true. “I don’t remember much about that time, but I remember him.”

“What did you think about your feelings when you were a Jedi?”

“That Jedi don’t form strong attachments.” She said as if she were quoting someone. “It didn’t seem to matter at the time.”

“Why not?”

Remi took a deep breath. She had been trying to sort things out for herself since she regained her sanity. “He had no emotions, no feelings for anything or anyone, and he’s immortal. I guess I thought he would never feel anything back and I could never lose him. No danger of strong attachments and no way I could feel the pain of losing someone.”

“But he did feel something for you, and you found you could lose him.” Master Zyel pointed out.

Remi laughed but there was no humor in it. “Yeah, jokes on me.” She opened her eyes, leaned back and looked at the sky.

“So what do you love about him.” Master Zyel nudged her Padawan with an elbow, “Besides his amazing body and incredible voice.”

Now she laughed genuinely, she kept forgetting that her master was married. “I’m telling Felix!” Her master smiled. Her face turned red as she thought of those two things. “He could put aside his feelings and prejudice against Jedi for the greater good. He’s strong willed, smart, and his insight was unique. He understood people far better than I ever did.”

“Do you know what he’s doing now?” Zyel knew Remi was still not allowed to use the Holonet or any communications. She also had a feeling Remi could not be stopped if she put her mind to something.

“Yes.” Remi would not lie to her master.

“And what is that?” Master Zyel extended her senses to test her Padawan emotions, she only felt calm. Remi had found her balance; even Lord Scourge would not shake it.

Remi closed her eyes; she had come to terms with the idea long before she confirmed it. It hurt her but she understood. “He’s killing Jedi.”

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part 2.13 Death and Tactics

“In the name of the Republic, I command you to surrender!” the Jedi bellowed. He was tall and broad shouldered and wore a full set of heavy plated armor. He flourished his green lightsaber, as the soldiers he commanded charged into battle. They were bolstered by his presence believing he was invincible, they were wrong. Lord Scourge overpowered him and cut him down before his men could aid him. The Jedi managed to choke out a broken murmur, “There is no death…” His voice carried to the soldiers, they turned to witness their commander fall.

“Attack the Sith,” one of them shouted. Five of them began firing. The Sith Lord deflected their bolts and flipped through the air to cut down the nearest shooter. He turned casting his arm outward, smoky red tendrils appeared choking the other soldiers. He cut them down where they stood efficiently moving between them until no one was left.

Lord Ninka and her crew, which now included Lord Scourge, were sent by the Hand to overtake a Republic station. This single hub hidden near Hoth was responsible for relaying most of the intel gathered from the Sector. Without it, the Republic troops in this part of the outer rim would be blind and cut off from the core. The Empire would use it to gather intel and launch attacks conquering new outer rim worlds. The station was heavily guarded but they were expecting a frontal assault by a fleet. They did not expect a small group to infiltrate the station and disable its defenses from within.

So far, the guards and Jedi on board the station had not put up much resistance.

“My Lords,” Lieutenant Pierce called, he had been watching one of the exits, “We have activity on the turbolift, someone’s coming up.”

The big man backed away and took cover behind a table about ten meters away, his eyes never leaving the lift doors. He pulled out a concussion grenade, pitching it just as the lift started to open. When the doors finished opening another squad of troopers stumbled out in various states of disorientation. Pierce fired a few quick bursts from his rifle and the latest reinforcements were down. He stood cautiously and walked forward still aiming at the downed troops when he heard a noise coming from inside the turbo lift. He dropped to one knee still several paces away, leaning down and to the side trying to get a look at the ceiling. Then a blur of brown robes swung down from the ceiling of the turbolift and flew at the Lieutenant. He heard the Jedi’s lightsaber igniting and brought up his rifle crossways in a futile attempt to block the strike.

Lord Ninka threw her saber at the Jedi parrying the strike. She expected him to try again but instead he rolled away taking a defensive stance to assess what he was facing. Lord Ninka would have considered him smart if he had not taken the turbolift in the first place.

Pierce got to his feet quickly and took a defensive position. Jaesa appeared at her elbow. Lord Scourge watched from across the room. There were several turbolifts leading to this junction, they did not want to leave any entry points unguarded.

“You are outnumbered Jedi,” Lord Ninka said studying the man. He was good, fast and strong, probably highly ranked, it was possible he had the access codes they needed. “Alive if possible,” she said softly so only Jaesa could hear.

“I don’t need numbers when I have the Force.” He replied calmly. Jaesa stepped forward and he looked at her for a confused moment. “Jaesa?” he asked hesitantly. “I heard you became a Sith, it’s not too late, you can still turn away from darkness and become a Jedi again.”

“The Jedi are weak,” Jaesa shouted rushing forward. He met her lightsaber with a flurry of parries. They were evenly matched and Ninka was preparing to aid her when Quinn called out to them.

“My Lord,” he said. He had been trying to override the station systems without the access codes. “I decoded a transmission; he has backup incoming, a large number of troops and Jedi. He is merely here to delay us.”

“On it, my lord.” Pierce said walking over to Quinn, “Show me where.” The two men bent over a map display to review the points they would need to defend. It was odd, but they got along much better after the arrival of Lord Scourge. She suspected it was a combination of having someone in common to mistrust, punishing Quinn for his betrayal, and the fact that Lord Scourge looked down on them equally.

Ninka timed the strikes between Jaesa and the Jedi and dove in; within moments, the man was disarmed and subdued. “Watch him,” she said as she joined Quinn and Pierce. Broonmark and Lord Scourge had dispatched another batch of troops while she had been fighting.

“Not defensible, my lord,” Pierce said making room for her at the map. “Unless you can get that Jedi to talk in the next few minutes we need to move.”

“My lord,” Quinn continued the thread, “I am unable to override the station systems from here without access codes, but I might be able to do so from the main control room. Still, success would be certain if the Jedi gave us the codes.”

“Let’s move to the main control room, we keep him with us until we no longer need him.” She ordered. Quinn packed up his slicing kit; Ninka motioned to Jaesa to move the Jedi, she had secured his hands behind his back. They all headed to the exit that led to the main deck.

“I’ll catch up, my lord.” Pierce said. The Jedi was silent as they marched him up the corridor. Soon they saw Pierce jogging toward them, rifle ready.

“You will soon be outnumbered even if we move,” the Jedi was saying calmly when a number of explosions shook the floor.

Pierce grinned at the Jedi, “Oops.” Was all he said, the Jedi paled.

They made it to the control room without incident and found it deserted. Quinn frowned, the terminals had been locked down, he began running a decryption spike. The Jedi smiled triumphantly, “I won’t tell you the codes.” Jaesa blasted him with lightning, his body convulsed in agony. “You can kill me,” he said spitting out blood, “you’ll never take this station.”

“It will take another fourteen hours to break through the lock down, my lord.” Quinn reported.

“Can’t hold position for that long,” Pierce said unnecessarily.

Jaesa had continued to shock the Jedi at intervals, but all he would say was, “You’ve lost, leave now in peace while you still can.”

Lord Scourge had not said a word through the entire mission, now he frowned and walked to a console. He tapped it a few times accessing the engineering station, which had not been locked down. Soon red lights flashed though no sound emerged.

The Jedi watched the Sith. “Lord Scourge,” the Jedi said finally registering recognition. “I see you crawled back to your Empire when they banished you. I hear you tried to interfere when we attacked the Emperor again, but Master Kira prevailed, without your help might I add.” He spat blood at the Sith Lord’s feet.

“I have initiated a core meltdown; the station will self-destruct unless it is disabled.” Scourge said ignoring his taunts.

“I see you have a thing for former Jedi.” He said eyeing Jaesa. “Did you get tired of the other Jedi you corrupted? Did you dump her somewhere or just kill her, how long did it take for you to find a new whore?” Jaesa’s eyes flashed and her grip on her lightsaber tightened but she knew better than to interfere. The Jedi was trying to taunt them into killing him.

“There are over three hundred people still on board this station, mostly non-combatants. ” Lord Scourge continued, his expression not changing a hair. “I have set the self-destruct to silent, they will receive no warning.” The Jedi blanched.

“You’re bluffing; I know the Empire wants this station. You wouldn’t destroy it.”

“Taking it away from the Republic is the first priority.” Lord Scourge crossed his arms.

Lord Ninka did not contradict the statement but it was only partially true. They needed the station’s relay capabilities and data, without it, the Empire would still be at a disadvantage in the sector.

“We will need to leave in the next thirty seconds if we are to get off this station in time.” Quinn informed them.

Lord Scourge turned on a few monitors, the engineers and station workers appeared, rushing about trying to bolster their internal security, unaware that the station was set to explode in two minutes. “These men and women are closest to the core; you will watch them die before you do.” He nodded to the others and they all turned to leave.

“Wait, stop, alright Sith. The lives of people are worth more than a station.” He said trying to make his defeat sound noble. He recited the codes. Quinn quickly tested them on the locked terminals, nodding when he had access. He began disabling the station defenses so the fleet waiting nearby could begin their attack and takeover.

Scourge disabled the self-destruct.

“Master,” Jaesa said turning to Lord Ninka. “Permission to kill this…” They heard the sound of a lightsaber igniting, Lord Scourge had executed the Jedi.

“My Lord,” Quinn said, “Receiving word, there are boarding parties securing the station, we may leave now.” The group exited the control room to rendezvous with Vette who waited with the ship.

“Rather suicidal, my lord.” Pierce said quietly, “Wonder where you learned that one from.” Scourge turned to look at the Lieutenant but said nothing.

Edited by kabeone

Part 2.14 The Crush

“Well done, Wraths.” Servant One congratulated them. “This new outpost will allow us to get a real foothold in this sector.”

Lord Scourge and Lord Ninka stood in front of the holo-terminal making their report to the Hand. More accurately, Ninka spoke to the hand and Scourge stood with his arms crossed. She had expected him to take command when he arrived, another point of disapproval from her crew, but he seemed content to quietly aid in their missions. The rest of the crew was arrayed around the terminal listening but they never participated.

“Even power must sleep.” Servant Two quavered irrelevantly.

“Yes,” Servant One agreed, “Your crew has earned some time to recharge. Take some time, Wraths, we will need you again soon.” The transmission ended.

“Sounds like a plan,” Lord Ninka said. “Captain,” Quinn looked up from where he had been managing the holo-terminal. “Set a course to Nar Shaddaa, the crew will receive leave time.”

“Right away, my lord.” Quinn replied bowing. He walked briskly to the bridge to lay in their new course. Pierce, Vette, and Broonmark returned to their quarters to make plans. Lord Scourge turned to depart but Jaesa stood in his path.

“My Lord,” she said bowing. “I wanted to compliment you on the way you handled the last mission and for killing that Jedi.” She did not notice her master hiding a smile behind her hand. “Sith with true conviction like you are rare, I admire you deeply.” She bowed again but kept her eyes on the Sith Lord. He gave her a short nod, his face blank of any expression, and walked around her.

Lord Scourge stood alone in the rarely used conference room. He held a small clear disk in his hand turning it over occasionally. His glowing red eyes stared far away.

Jaesa watched the Sith Lord covertly as she passed by on the way to the training room.

“Master,” Jaesa asked as they warmed up. “What do you think of Lord Scourge?”

Lord Ninka did not need to wonder why the younger Sith had asked. Jaesa’s hungers and habits were well known. “He is a competent partner; we’ve certainly been able to handle far more dangerous missions since he came aboard.” It was true. In the year since his arrival, the Hand had sent them to take over outposts, relay stations, and hunt down several Sith that they deemed to have a ‘destabilizing’ influence on the Empire. They had killed hundreds Jedi, Sith, soldiers and mercenaries.

“I mean as a man,” Jaesa elaborated. “He’s unlike anyone I’ve ever met; I would like to get to know him better, but I wasn’t sure how you felt. If you’re interested in him I would never interfere.”

Lord Ninka had considered it when the Sith came aboard. When she had met him the first time he was quite charming, she later came to realize that while she had asked him questions about his early days as Wrath he had been extracting information from her as well. As far as she could tell from his current expressionless exterior, his charm had been a ruse. He was very good, more subtle than she would ever give any Sith credit for, that meant he was more dangerous as well. She decided to warn her apprentice.

“I’m certainly not interested in him,” she acknowledged, then smiled as she watched Jaesa’s pupils dilate. “But you must be careful, he is very dangerous, and I do not believe the Emperor’s curse left him. He still may not be able to feel anything.”

“But he does,” Jaesa insisted looking excited now, “When the Jedi called me a whore, I felt his anger rising. I’ve never felt such rage before,” her eyes stared into the distance, “it was intoxicating.” Lord Ninka used the opportunity to disarm her apprentice.

“Have your fun, Jaesa.” She said knowingly, “But stay focused.”

Part 2.15 Sparring

“Why do you spar against machines?” Lord Scourge asked from the doorway. Remi practiced against a Mark XXI training droid. It was set to a level of difficulty that would kill most people, even Jedi, but she dodged around its attacks easily. They had saved Belsavis from the Emperor’s ritual and were en route to the strange newly discovered planet Voss, he noticed the Jedi trained thrice daily when they were idle.

She jumped over a low sweep from the droid, her body gracefully spinning through the air to land on the opposite side. She executed a quick strike pattern, the droid lit green to indicate she had scored a disabling hit. She reset the droid and started again.

“Well,” she said without pausing, “Doc disapproves of getting injured, Rusk used live rounds and almost blew a hole in the hull, Kira can’t stand losing so we only spar to train her, and T7 is a droid.”

“You could spar with me.” He wondered why he was offering.

“Hmm,” she said executing a scissor kick that lit another green light. This time she did not reset the droid. She turned to face him raising an eyebrow, “Not sure I trust you.” She smiled slightly to soften her words.

Scourge narrowed his eyes, “I fight at your side. If you do not trust me, how could you turn your back to me in those situations?”

She shrugged a shoulder flourishing her training blade lazily, “We have a common purpose now, and I trust you not to kill me until we’re done. When you fight side by side, your focus is on the enemy. You see your partner fight you may even study him, but you are never focused on him.” She paused and examined the droid for any damage. “Sparring on the other hand, your focus is on your partner, you learn their movements, their weaknesses, you know them and they know you. It requires trust beyond the moment; it means you believe they won’t try to kill you later.” She turned to look at him tilting her head to the side.

“You fear me.” He said crossing his arms. It was more of a challenge than an insult. The truth was, she was right, and he wanted to try his blade against hers. She was more skilled than the others he had fought or trained with, she would have to be to defeat the Emperor.

She walked up to him, her height did not even reach his chin and she was half his weight fully armored, but he sensed no fear in her when she looked into his eyes. “I’m just not sure I want to get that intimate with you.” She grinned broadly when he scowled.

“Do not flatter yourself.” He said, taking off his outer robe, hanging it on a peg. He walked to a rack of sparring weapons and selected a staff. Remi raised an eyebrow at that; he did not fight with a double-bladed lightsaber. “I apologize,” he said mockingly. “Are you only capable of fighting in one style?”

She reached out and Force pulled a second training saber to her hand. She did not normally dual-wield because her heavy armor left her less mobile. “Force use or just skills?” She asked.

“You think you can match me with just skills?” He taunted.

Her eyes lit delightedly as she attacked her new playmate.

Lord Scourge sparred against a droid but he was thinking of Remi. When she was a Jedi, they fought twice a day when they were not active, and they did learn each other. They practiced in every style they knew, both with the Force and without, often pointing out each other’s weakness until it no longer existed. They even fought hand to hand though it was rather unfair without the Force. Remi often ended up at the bottom of a takedown move, but she was always game and sometimes managed to surprise him with an arm lock or a counter before his skill and superior strength won the match. He wondered if she had been flirting with him during that first conversation when she spoke of intimacy. He had no interest at the time and had not played those games in centuries. He executed a disabling strike against the droid, it powered down. A noise behind him made him turn.

“My Lord, we have arrived at Nar Shaddaa.” Jaesa said bowing. She straightened slowly; the outfit she had chosen today was interesting. A hooded, tightly fitting sleeveless shirt that left her midriff exposed. She wore a short skirt with it that was slit up one side all the way to her hip. She studied him through lowered lids, he had been sparring shirtless, her eyes traveled over him shamelessly.

Lord Scourge was bemused for a moment at her heavy-handed attempt at seduction. He had forgotten how forward Sith women could be. After her initial transformation as a Sith, Remi had gone back to being somewhat reticent about her desires.

Taking his bemused expression as encouragement, Jaesa stepped closer. “I haven’t been planet side here for longer than a day since I became a Sith. I thought someone like you could show me things.”

“Things.” He repeated unsure if he should scowl or laugh at her.

“Yes, I’m sure someone with your experience could show me all kinds of things down there.” She licked her lips. “I told you I admire you, and I would love to learn anything you’re willing to teach. I can be more to you than an ally; I can be whatever you need.”

She bowed again this time kneeling before him. She looked back up with a glint in her eye; he did not realize what she was doing until she reached for his belt. He grabbed her hand and yanked her into a standing position, pretending to ignore what she had been about to do. “You must not kneel to me,” he said frowning, “You already have a master.” He grabbed his robe and walked out of the practice room trying not to run.

Part 2.16 Persistence is Futile

“So who was she?” Jaesa asked from the doorway.

Scourge was repairing a piece of armor plating in the cargo bay. He had managed to avoid Lord Ninka’s apprentice for a full day since the training incident but it was difficult. He easily ignored the Force-blind members of the crew, but he was not certain if Lord Ninka would take offense to ignoring her apprentice. He did not particularly care if Lord Ninka was upset but he did not want to disrupt the way things were yet.

“Who?”

“Who’s the other woman that Jedi had talked about? He said you had a thing for former-Jedi.”

“The Jedi are usually misinformed.” He had no intention of talking about Remi.

“Do you have any children?” she had not moved from the doorway, that was a good sign, he did not want a repeat of the other day. Unfortunately, her current line of questions was disturbing.

“No.”

“I think it’s a shame a Sith like you hasn’t passed on his legacy.”

“I would outlive any children I could have.”

“That’s true,” she said stepping closer, “But the point is to make more of you. You’ve never thought about it? Taking another powerful Sith as a wife, having children and raising them to be Sith?”

Scourge remembered the Emperor’s words. He wondered what Remi would think if their children became Sith. He frowned banishing the thought, that dream was gone now.

Jaesa had been reaching for his arm but the frown that suddenly appeared made her stop. The man was so frustrating; she could sense her words evoked deep emotions in him. Perhaps she was approaching this wrong. She withdrew her hand.

“I’m sorry, my lord.” She apologized, he turned to look at her curiously. “I know how I must seem to you, I guess you’re fairly old fashioned.”

“The oldest.” Scourge agreed.

“Then we’ll take this slowly and let it build. I can wait, it will make the culmination that much sweeter.” She smiled at him. “Farewell.” She said as she left the cargo bay. Scourge frowned, that was not what he had meant.

Lord Scourge ate his meal efficiently. Jaesa sat across from him talking. She would occasionally touch his hand, and then he would move it so she could not do that again. When he was finished, he would nod to her and walk off to be alone. Jaesa would stare after him for a few minutes then go on about her business. This had been going on for more than a year.

“What day are we on?” Pierce asked taking a bite out of a ration bar.

“386,” Vette answered picking vegetables she did not like out of her meal.

“Two more days and you lose,” Quinn said smugly.

Lord Ninka walked into the mess; it was unusual to see the three of them looking sociable.

“Want to let me in on the joke?” she asked.

“Apologies, my lord,” Quinn looked faintly ashamed, “It is unprofessional.”

“And yet you started the pool.” Pierce said grinning.

“I was merely analyzing behavior and applying probability, you are the one who added credits.” Quinn squinted at Pierce. His cybernetic eye matched his real one almost perfectly but you could hear the mechanics of his pupil dilating.

“Outcome, odds, adding credits is expected.” He shrugged.

Lord Ninka waited for one of the men to explain. Finally, Vette rolled her eyes, “They’re betting how long it will take before Lord Scourge either kills Jaesa or beds her.” She gave up trying to make her meal edible and went straight for the dessert. “Pierce bet 388 days for killing. Quinn 390 for bedding.”

“Why so long?” Lord Ninka was surprised the men had picked a day so far out.

“It’s a rolling 30 day bet, my lord.” Pierce said grabbing Vette’s plate and finishing her meal for her. “The man’s got more restraint then I’d have given a Sith credit for. I bet fourteen days kill the first time.”

“I admit I thought he’d bed her just to shut her up a long time ago.” Quinn agreed.

“Are you kidding,” Vette exclaimed, “My room is right next to hers, bedding her certainly does not shut her up.”

“Vette!” Lord Ninka, Quinn, and Pierce said simultaneously.

“Well it’s true,” she muttered under her breath.

“I say he won’t bed her because he’s got a thing for that bounty hunter.” Pierce pointed with his fork. Quinn frowned at the mention of Grey.

“I don’t see why you keep saying that.”

“He almost tore your throat out when he first came aboard and you asked about her.” Pierce loved to remind him of that incident.

“He reminded me that she was in his employ at the time and any problem I had with her I had with him, it’s perfectly logical.” Quinn replied stiffly.

“I wonder why he hasn’t rebuffed Jaesa, or attacked, or given in for that matter.” Lord Ninka mused. The three exchanged a knowing look.

“If you want in on the next round,” Pierce grinned, “betting starts in four days. You’ll have to catch up we’re at a 2,000 credit buy in.”

“Perhaps I should just have a word with Jaesa,” Lord Ninka suggested, she was greeted with three identical frowns. She smiled fondly it was the closest thing to friendship she had ever seen between the crewmates, “Or not, but if I lose my apprentice you three are to blame.”

She became more businesslike and addressed the issue she had originally wanted to talk to them about. “Now, we are going to pick up The Five tomorrow, we may need to shift things around to make room for them.”

“We can move Jaesa in with Lord Scourge,” Vette suggested.

“If you do that,” Pierce looked at Quinn, “Double or nothing on kill.”

Edited by kabeone

I hope Scourge will kill Jaesa casue really I hate her dark side. (Not like you are going make that happen but I can dream)

I like her better when she is light side

Well, we had a Vector killing in another story, so why not a Jaesa killing in this one? I really would like that.

I hope Scourge will kill Jaesa casue really I hate her dark side. (Not like you are going make that happen but I can dream)

I like her better when she is light side

Well, we had a Vector killing in another story, so why not a Jaesa killing in this one? I really would like that.

haha! we'll see. :D

Part 2.17 Foreshadowing

“Have you ever been in love, Lieutenant?” Jaesa sat down on a bench in the armory.

“No.” Pierce answered shortly. Normally a question like that coming from the Wrath’s apprentice would have made him cautious but her single-minded pursuit of Lord Scourge had stopped her man hunting habits completely. She had not accidentally killed any officers in over a year.

“Haven’t found the right woman?” She focused on him for a second, eyeing him with her old predatory glint, then she resumed staring into space.

“I’ve found plenty of the right women.” He answered, still unconcerned but making sure that he did not give her any ideas.

“So, what then? Is duty your life or something?”

“I don’t think this is about me, so why don’t you say what’s on your mind.” He turned to look at the young Sith. She had tried to change herself over the year. She dressed differently, not exactly conservative but she covered up a little more. She still wore more makeup than a cheap cantina dancer, but at least it was no longer bright purple and garishly smeared across her eyes and lips. She reminded him of a little girl trying to play grown up, if little girls enjoyed killing grown men with lightning.

“It’s Lord Scourge, he’s so dark, complicated, and powerful. When I’m around him I feel like my heart is going to leap out of my chest. He makes me want to slaughter all of our enemies. I know this feeling I believe it is love. When I speak to him, I can sense his emotions, so intense, I know he feels the same, he’s just too old fashioned to show it.”

“Uh huh.”

“Remember that waitress that nearly fell into him when we were at Vaiken Spacedock?”

“Yeah, she would have covered the whole group with drinks.” Pierce answered remembering a pretty little human with a slave collar carrying far too many orders. Lord Scourge caught the entire tray without spilling anything. It was the only thing the Sith Lord had ever done that impressed him.

“She would have dumped drinks all over me, but he saved me.” She looked off in the distance again. Pierce was not sure if he should feel sorry she was so oblivious or sorry that he was betting against her.

“The waitress touched his arm when he handed her the tray,” Jaesa said examining her fingernails, “I strangled her to death with my bare hands in the back room of that Cantina.”

Pierce stopped feeling sorry for her.

“Do you think he’ll ever be able to tell me how he feels?”

Pierce was saved from answering when Lord Scourge entered the armory. He ignored Pierce’s presence, “We have arrived,” he said to Jaesa, “Lord Ninka expects you to accompany us to meet The Five.”

“Of course, my lord.” Jaesa stood and bowed to him. He turned and left without another word, Jaesa quickly scampered after him.

Pierce hoped none of The Five were women.

Edited by kabeone

Part 2.17 Foreshadowing

“Have you ever been in love, Lieutenant?” Jaesa sat down on a bench in the armory.

“No.” Pierce answered shortly. Normally a question like that coming from the Wrath’s apprentice would have made him cautious but her single-minded pursuit of Lord Scourge had stopped her man hunting habits completely. She had not accidentally killed any officers in over a year.

“Haven’t found the right woman?” She focused on him for a second, eyeing him with her old predatory glint, then she resumed staring into space.

“I’ve found plenty of the right women.” He answered, still unconcerned but making sure that he did not give her any ideas.

“So, what then? Is duty your life or something?”

“I don’t think this is about me, so why don’t you say what’s on your mind.” He turned to look at the young Sith. She had tried to change herself over the year. She dressed differently, not exactly conservative but she covered up a little more. She still wore more makeup than a cheap cantina dancer, but at least it was no longer bright purple and garishly smeared across her eyes and lips. She reminded him of a little girl trying to play grown up, if little girls enjoyed killing grown men with lightning.

“It’s Lord Scourge, he’s so dark, complicated, and powerful. When I’m around him I feel like my heart is going to leap out of my chest. He makes me want to slaughter all of our enemies. I know this feeling I believe it is love. When I speak to him, I can sense his emotions, so intense, I know he feels the same, he’s just too old fashioned to show it.”

“Uh huh.”

“Remember that waitress that nearly fell into him when we were at Vaiken Spacedock?”

“Yeah, she would have covered the whole group with drinks.” Pierce answered remembering a pretty little human with a slave collar carrying far too many orders. Lord Scourge caught the entire tray without spilling anything. It was the only thing the Sith Lord had ever done that impressed him.

“She would have dumped drinks all over me, but he saved me.” She looked off in the distance again. Pierce was not sure if he should feel sorry she was so oblivious or sorry that he was betting against her.

“The waitress touched his arm when he handed her the tray,” Jaesa said examining her fingernails, “I strangled her to death with my bare hands in the back room of that Cantina.”

Pierce stopped feeling sorry for her.

“Do you think he’ll ever be able to tell me how he feels?”

Pierce was saved from answering when Lord Scourge entered the armory. He ignored Pierce’s presence, “We have arrived,” he said to Jaesa, “Lord Ninka expects you to accompany us to meet The Five.”

“Of course, my lord.” Jaesa stood and bowed to him. He turned and left without another word, Jaesa quickly scampered after him.

Pierce hoped none of The Five were women.

Every part of this was wonderful. :D

Part 2.18 Peace is a Lie

Remi meditated in the temple archives. She had regained her place among the Jedi, and was granted the rank of Master in a small ceremony by Master Satele who had finally returned from her mission. Doc and Kira were stationed on Alderaan, but they came back for the ceremony and celebrated with smuggled off-world pastries, Master Satele went back for seconds.

“Master Remi?” a voice interrupted her meditation. She opened her eyes and smiled. A nervous looking Padawan stood before her. She had that effect on them, she was sure they must tell wild stories about her. The youngsters, boys usually, would scare each other until their master tired of their immaturity and sent them to see ‘the monster’ for themselves. Then they would find a petite, red-haired, golden-eyed woman, with an easy smile whose current battle was wrestling with the archaic filing system the Jedi Temple used.

She did not teach martial forms, after conferring with the other masters they all agreed she was still too distracting to teach. Perhaps, they thought, she could begin when a new wave of students were ready, ones who had not heard of her before. In the meantime, she helped T7 organize the archives. It served the dual purpose of giving her something useful to do, and giving the students the impression that she was harmless.

“What can I do for you Padawan?” she asked, not raising her voice above an undertone.

“Um, I’m supposed to study the Sacking of Coruscant and the Treaty,” his voice cracked. He looked to be about sixteen probably coming off a growth spurt, the arms of his tunic looked a little short. He had pale blue eyes, a small scar on his lip, and brown curly hair with single thin braid trailing down his back. She stood, her full height barely coming up to his chin, she grinned.

“This way,” she motioned for him to follow. He watched her covertly, looking for any indication that she would explode into flames as one story told it, or shoot lightning from her eyes as another story reported. She did not even carry a lightsaber. She pointed at the spot on the shelf that held the data chips he wanted. She hopped a little to indicate the exact place but without a ladder, she could not reach it. The Padawan took it down for himself. He bowed to her in thanks but he looked disappointed, they always did.

It was not wise for the Twilek of Kalikori Village to expand so quickly. The elimination of the Flesh Raider threat had allowed them to increase their borders but their defenses had not kept up with the expansions. They had not extended their perimeter walls and they did not have enough sentries to guard the village paths. The young Matron had warned them they were making a mistake, they should build slowly, keep up their defenses, and recruit more sentries. None of these things would have mattered when the Imperials attacked.

The troop transport dropped out of stealth, a platoon of soldiers rappelled to the ground. They landed in the middle of the fields during harvest; most of the workers had never seen an Imperial soldier before. The armed sentries tried to form a line so the rest could run back to the village behind the safety of the high walls, but there were troops landing there too.

The Jedi received the distress call from the village. They wasted no time, but the war had been costly to the Jedi. Their numbers had only started to recover from the Sacking of Coruscant when war broke out again. Now, the war consumed Jedi faster than they could be replaced. All the able-bodied fighters available headed toward Kalikori Village, precisely as the Imperials had hoped.

“What’s going on?” Remi asked T7. She had been deep in the archives when she felt a disturbance in the Force. She found T7 spinning with distress.

Kalikori Village = Under attack by Imperials //

Jedi = Defend village

“Why would Imperials attack Kalikori Village, not here?” Then she felt a new disturbance, this time much closer. She ran outside in time to see a dropship taking off from a nearby building. Remi found herself running before she realized what that particular building was. It was the nursery.

Padawan of all ages were accepted to train on Tython including a number of Force-sensitive children ranging from infants to toddlers. Most of them were sent to the Jedi Temple when their outer rim parents could not care for them or feared the Empire would take them. T7 had followed but she quickly outpaced him with her Force-enhanced speed. She ran through the building entrance to the garden courtyard where the children would be playing at this time of day.

Master Corthos, the oldest Jedi in the temple, lay dead. She had been a diplomat in her youth, and in retirement, she chose to stay and help care for the children. Her sweet temperament and soft way with words had made her beloved by many of the younglings. Nevertheless, she had picked up her lightsaber and fought back with a will. Several dead Imperial troops were testament to her skill and strength. She might have survived if she had only to contend with soldiers, but as Remi ran past the body of the aged master, she saw a red saber flash.

Flanked by the remaining soldiers, a Zabraak in dark hooded robes advanced on a lone Padawan who had picked up his master’s lightsaber when she fell. The tall thin boy with curly brown hair stood between the attackers and the Temple aides who tried to herd the children to safety. Remi arrived in time to watch the Padawan lose his lightsaber. She threw herself between the Sith and the group, the Force exploding out of her when she landed, the blast threw the attackers off their feet. She pulled Master Corthos’ lightsaber to her hand.

Faced with real resistance the soldiers split into two groups, running off in separate directions. Now the Sith charged Remi his body a blur beside his whirling red blade. She had not fought a living person in three years, choosing to practice against droids to avoid the emotions that came with fighting a live opponent. Her ability to read an opponent had not lost anything, fighting was what she knew best, and she had learned a few tricks since she returned from madness.

The Sith smiled, his red skin made almost completely black by his numerous tattoos. He drank in the terror he felt from the children, the aides, and the Padawan behind the newcomer. Never mind that he felt no fear from her, the others were enough. He jumped acrobatically spinning in the air, his saber rotated confusingly; no matter how this attack was defended, he would land a strike with fist, foot or saber. He did not expect to be pelted by a storm of large rocks.

Remi cut down the Sith as his attack was interrupted by the stones she pulled from the garden. She looked up in time to see the soldiers running down the corridor. They had split up to search for something and now that they had found it, they were pulling back. A soldier carried a small child while several others escorted him out of the building. Remi ran forward to challenge them but the one carrying the toddler turned and held a knife to his neck. She stopped and held up a hand to the soldier, but she was staring at the boy.

He looked to be about two years old; he had red skin, bony brow ridges, and tiny tendrils hanging from his face, a Sith Pureblood. Since the war restarted, a number of Imperials had defected to the Republic for various reasons, including Sith Pureblood. Some of their offspring were even sent to the Jedi Temple for training. Remi knew it was not impossible to find a Sith pureblood among the young Padawan, but when this boy looked back at Remi with his fearless golden eyes, the Force or perhaps something even stronger, spoke to her. Mine, it said. Remi’s throat closed, time stopped and she forgot about the soldiers. The boy seemed to feel it too, he reached out to her opening his mouth, but the soldier turned and began running toward the transport ship that came to get them. Time restarted but the feeling remained, Mine, it insisted.

As they pulled back, the rearguard soldiers opened fire on the children still trapped in the courtyard. The unarmed Padawan tried to shield them with his body. Remi leaped between the soldiers and the group deflecting the bolts back at them. The soldiers were not satisfied simply to escape, when they reached a safe distance, they hurled grenades. Remi ran closer to the children; Force-pulling the heavy metal door off of the entrance, it flew in front of them just as the grenades detonated. It took the brunt of the explosion but fire and shrapnel still roared toward the group. She held up a hand using the Force to shield them from the shockwave, the fire singeing her fingertips.

Now everything was quiet, Remi watched the transport ascend rapidly then speed out of sight. She turned to check on the ones she had defended, trying not to think of the one she had failed. The children stared back with frightened eyes, the aides were white lipped and in shock, but the Padawan was the only injured party; he had taken a shot to the arm.

His pale blue eyes met Remi’s golden, “You did well,” she said. Her voice sounded rough to her own ears, she wondered if she had been screaming. She touched the boys arm and concentrated; when the glow of healing faded, the wound was sealed. He looked at his arm then back up at Remi. He was still stunned by all that had happened; he rubbed at the scar on his lip. She put his master’s lightsaber in his hand, “Master Corthos would be proud of you.” He looked over at where her body lay, bowing his head a little, but he nodded. “Will you be alright here? I need to speak with the Council about what happened.”

He nodded again. As if remembering something, he put a hand on her arm, stopping her. “They took Koa.” He said.

“Koa?” Remi repeated. The name rang in her head, Mine, her heart responded.

“A Sith pureblood,” he confirmed, “brought here as a newborn. Go, I’ll look after things here, and,” he gulped, “I’ll see to Master Corthos.”

Remi nodded. She stood and ran toward the exit to give her report to the Council and to get some answers.

Padawan Leric watched her go. Later when the others would gather and tell stories about the powers of the monstrous Jedi Master Remi, he would shake his head and refuse to participate. The stories did not do her justice.

Part 2.18 Peace is a Lie

Remi meditated in the temple archives. She had regained her place among the Jedi, and was granted the rank of Master in a small ceremony by Master Satele who had finally returned from her mission. Doc and Kira were stationed on Alderaan, but they came back for the ceremony and celebrated with smuggled off-world pastries, Master Satele went back for seconds.

“Master Remi?” a voice interrupted her meditation. She opened her eyes and smiled. A nervous looking Padawan stood before her. She had that effect on them, she was sure they must tell wild stories about her. The youngsters, boys usually, would scare each other until their master tired of their immaturity and sent them to see ‘the monster’ for themselves. Then they would find a petite, red-haired, golden-eyed woman, with an easy smile whose current battle was wrestling with the archaic filing system the Jedi Temple used.

She did not teach martial forms, after conferring with the other masters they all agreed she was still too distracting to teach. Perhaps, they thought, she could begin when a new wave of students were ready, ones who had not heard of her before. In the meantime, she helped T7 organize the archives. It served the dual purpose of giving her something useful to do, and giving the students the impression that she was harmless.

“What can I do for you Padawan?” she asked, not raising her voice above an undertone.

“Um, I’m supposed to study the Sacking of Coruscant and the Treaty,” his voice cracked. He looked to be about sixteen probably coming off a growth spurt, the arms of his tunic looked a little short. He had pale blue eyes, a small scar on his lip, and brown curly hair with single thin braid trailing down his back. She stood, her full height barely coming up to his chin, she grinned.

“This way,” she motioned for him to follow. He watched her covertly, looking for any indication that she would explode into flames as one story told it, or shoot lightning from her eyes as another story reported. She did not even carry a lightsaber. She pointed at the spot on the shelf that held the data chips he wanted. She hopped a little to indicate the exact place but without a ladder, she could not reach it. The Padawan took it down for himself. He bowed to her in thanks but he looked disappointed, they always did.

It was not wise for the Twilek of Kalikori Village to expand so quickly. The elimination of the Flesh Raider threat had allowed them to increase their borders but their defenses had not kept up with the expansions. They had not extended their perimeter walls and they did not have enough sentries to guard the village paths. The young Matron had warned them they were making a mistake, they should build slowly, keep up their defenses, and recruit more sentries. None of these things would have mattered when the Imperials attacked.

The troop transport dropped out of stealth, a platoon of soldiers rappelled to the ground. They landed in the middle of the fields during harvest; most of the workers had never seen an Imperial soldier before. The armed sentries tried to form a line so the rest could run back to the village behind the safety of the high walls, but there were troops landing there too.

The Jedi received the distress call from the village. They wasted no time, but the war had been costly to the Jedi. Their numbers had only started to recover from the Sacking of Coruscant when war broke out again. Now, the war consumed Jedi faster than they could be replaced. All the able-bodied fighters available headed toward Kalikori Village, precisely as the Imperials had hoped.

“What’s going on?” Remi asked T7. She had been deep in the archives when she felt a disturbance in the Force. She found T7 spinning with distress.

Kalikori Village = Under attack by Imperials //

Jedi = Defend village

“Why would Imperials attack Kalikori Village, not here?” Then she felt a new disturbance, this time much closer. She ran outside in time to see a dropship taking off from a nearby building. Remi found herself running before she realized what that particular building was. It was the nursery.

Padawan of all ages were accepted to train on Tython including a number of Force-sensitive children ranging from infants to toddlers. Most of them were sent to the Jedi Temple when their outer rim parents could not care for them or feared the Empire would take them. T7 had followed but she quickly outpaced him with her Force-enhanced speed. She ran through the building entrance to the garden courtyard where the children would be playing at this time of day.

Master Corthos, the oldest Jedi in the temple, lay dead. She had been a diplomat in her youth, and in retirement, she chose to stay and help care for the children. Her sweet temperament and soft way with words had made her beloved by many of the younglings. Nevertheless, she had picked up her lightsaber and fought back with a will. Several dead Imperial troops were testament to her skill and strength. She might have survived if she had only to contend with soldiers, but as Remi ran past the body of the aged master, she saw a red saber flash.

Flanked by the remaining soldiers, a Zabraak in dark hooded robes advanced on a lone Padawan who had picked up his master’s lightsaber when she fell. The tall thin boy with curly brown hair stood between the attackers and the Temple aides who tried to herd the children to safety. Remi arrived in time to watch the Padawan lose his lightsaber. She threw herself between the Sith and the group, the Force exploding out of her when she landed, the blast threw the attackers off their feet. She pulled Master Corthos’ lightsaber to her hand.

Faced with real resistance the soldiers split into two groups, running off in separate directions. Now the Sith charged Remi his body a blur beside his whirling red blade. She had not fought a living person in three years, choosing to practice against droids to avoid the emotions that came with fighting a live opponent. Her ability to read an opponent had not lost anything, fighting was what she knew best, and she had learned a few tricks since she returned from madness.

The Sith smiled, his red skin made almost completely black by his numerous tattoos. He drank in the terror he felt from the children, the aides, and the Padawan behind the newcomer. Never mind that he felt no fear from her, the others were enough. He jumped acrobatically spinning in the air, his saber rotated confusingly; no matter how this attack was defended, he would land a strike with fist, foot or saber. He did not expect to be pelted by a storm of large rocks.

Remi cut down the Sith as his attack was interrupted by the stones she pulled from the garden. She looked up in time to see the soldiers running down the corridor. They had split up to search for something and now that they had found it, they were pulling back. A soldier carried a small child while several others escorted him out of the building. Remi ran forward to challenge them but the one carrying the toddler turned and held a knife to his neck. She stopped and held up a hand to the soldier, but she was staring at the boy.

He looked to be about two years old; he had red skin, bony brow ridges, and tiny tendrils hanging from his face, a Sith Pureblood. Since the war restarted, a number of Imperials had defected to the Republic for various reasons, including Sith Pureblood. Some of their offspring were even sent to the Jedi Temple for training. Remi knew it was not impossible to find a Sith pureblood among the young Padawan, but when this boy looked back at Remi with his fearless golden eyes, the Force or perhaps something even stronger, spoke to her. Mine, it said. Remi’s throat closed, time stopped and she forgot about the soldiers. The boy seemed to feel it too, he reached out to her opening his mouth, but the soldier turned and began running toward the transport ship that came to get them. Time restarted but the feeling remained, Mine, it insisted.

As they pulled back, the rearguard soldiers opened fire on the children still trapped in the courtyard. The unarmed Padawan tried to shield them with his body. Remi leaped between the soldiers and the group deflecting the bolts back at them. The soldiers were not satisfied simply to escape, when they reached a safe distance, they hurled grenades. Remi ran closer to the children; Force-pulling the heavy metal door off of the entrance, it flew in front of them just as the grenades detonated. It took the brunt of the explosion but fire and shrapnel still roared toward the group. She held up a hand using the Force to shield them from the shockwave, the fire singeing her fingertips.

Now everything was quiet, Remi watched the transport ascend rapidly then speed out of sight. She turned to check on the ones she had defended, trying not to think of the one she had failed. The children stared back with frightened eyes, the aides were white lipped and in shock, but the Padawan was the only injured party; he had taken a shot to the arm.

His pale blue eyes met Remi’s golden, “You did well,” she said. Her voice sounded rough to her own ears, she wondered if she had been screaming. She touched the boys arm and concentrated; when the glow of healing faded, the wound was sealed. He looked at his arm then back up at Remi. He was still stunned by all that had happened; he rubbed at the scar on his lip. She put his master’s lightsaber in his hand, “Master Corthos would be proud of you.” He looked over at where her body lay, bowing his head a little, but he nodded. “Will you be alright here? I need to speak with the Council about what happened.”

He nodded again. As if remembering something, he put a hand on her arm, stopping her. “They took Koa.” He said.

“Koa?” Remi repeated. The name rang in her head, Mine, her heart responded.

“A Sith pureblood,” he confirmed, “brought here as a newborn. Go, I’ll look after things here, and,” he gulped, “I’ll see to Master Corthos.”

Remi nodded. She stood and ran toward the exit to give her report to the Council and to get some answers.

Padawan Leric watched her go. Later when the others would gather and tell stories about the powers of the monstrous Jedi Master Remi, he would shake his head and refuse to participate. The stories did not do her justice.

My heart is breaking and there's a lump in my throat......probably doesn't help that one of my kids is that age, but that gave me a real physical reaction. I'm anxious for what comes next.

Part 2.19 Exceptions

Remi ran toward the Temple. Her eyes filled with tears, her vision blurred, it hardly mattered. She could not see the field, or the stairs, or the initiates that stared at her. She could only see golden eyes and red skin. She almost tripped over T7 who was still heading toward the nursery; it had felt like she fought for hours, but the attack had only taken a few minutes.

T7 = Called for help at nursery //

Remi = Going somewhere?

“I have to see the Council,” she said without slowing down. T7 turned around and followed her.

Jedi Council = Emergency session

“Good,” she scrubbed the tears off her face. “Did you see me when I was crazy?”

Remi = Not Crazy //

Remi = Wounded //

Kira + Doc = Not let T7 near wounded Remi

They arrived at the Council chamber. Procedures were to have an aide tell the Council she would like an audience, they would then finish conferring and summon her. The doors would be opened and she would make her way through decorously. Not today.

Remi walked up to the Council doors and pushed them open. An aide rushed forward to object then quickly shut his mouth. Whatever he saw in her expression was best left to Jedi Masters to deal with.

Master Satele and Zyel were in attendance. Master Kavil was still off somewhere on a mission, and the other masters were still being summoned to conference in. The holoterminal displayed a familiar face, Kira spoke to the three masters.

They all looked up when they heard her approach.

“Was I pregnant?” She asked.

“Remi,” Master Zyel said sternly, and she was never stern, “There has just been an attack on Kalikori…”

“It was a decoy,” Remi interrupted.

“Decoy! We lost a third of the people down in the village.”

“Then the Imperials inexplicably left for no reason, they also attacked for no reason, what strategic value does the village have?” Remi narrowed her eyes at them. “They dropped a single squad on the nursery to kidnap a child, a Sith pureblood named Koa.” She noticed Kira covering her mouth. “I watched them take him,” Her voice shook and she bit her lip to keep from sobbing, a tear still slipped down her cheek despite her efforts. “He is mine isn't he?” She studied the faces of the Masters before her, their silence was confirmation enough.

“Yes,” Kira answered, “You were pregnant. We think that’s why it took so long for you to recover. Your son’s name is Koa”

Remi blew out a breath and scrubbed the tears away with the back of hand, “I’m going after him.”

“No,” Kira and Zyel said at the same time.

“Remi,” Master Zyel said, “You are too close to this, too emotional, you cannot go after him yourself.”

“I’m the only one who can.” She argued trying not to feel betrayed. “I have the resources and connections to find him and get him back. The Council can’t spare any Jedi and the Republic won’t send the military after a single child.”

“Remi,” Kira began.

“No,” Master Satele interrupted; she had been silent until now. “Remi is right. She should go after him; she’s the only one who can. There’s something more to this attack. I sense great darkness coming, it could be the child is in the middle of it.”

Master Zyel and Kira looked surprised but nodded assent.

“Did Lord Scourge know?” she looked at Kira’s holo-projection.

“He thought healing him was the cause of your problems,” Doc said coming into view for the first time, “He didn’t mention it, but most men don’t like talking about that stuff anyway. It took us a month to figure out you were pregnant I’m pretty sure he didn’t run the lab tests I did, so how could he know?”

“The Force,” All four Jedi said simultaneously.

“Right well, I’m not convinced.” Doc said but he would not argue the point with the four most powerful Jedi he knew.

“Who else knew I was pregnant? Someone knew Koa was here.”

“Just us and the Council.” Kira answered reluctantly.

Remi nodded, it was Scourge then. He was Sith, but violence against children and defenseless villagers for no reason, the man she knew would have found that beneath him. It did not make sense, either he had changed or she was wrong about him. Her blood ran cold at the thought.

“When you find him,” Zyel said interrupting her thoughts, “you’re not coming back are you?”

Remi looked at Master Satele, Zyel and Kira. Everyone had given so much to help her reconnect to the Force, she did not want them to think she would throw that away lightly.

“I have a son, and Jedi don’t raise their children,” Remi said softly. She raised her hand before they could say anything. “I understand the reasons and I agree with them. We can’t form strong bonds and I’m ready to scour the galaxy to find a son I met less than an hour ago.” She chuckled a little and a tear leaked out. “I’m not a good person, I’ve done terrible things. I’m a lousy friend, a poor Jedi, and an even worse Sith, but if I get a second chance I’m going to be a good mother.”

Master Satele smiled, her serenity marred by an unknown sadness. “I understand. Your path has not been easy nor can anyone predict where it will lead. Somehow, you have always managed to return to the light. I will trust to the Force you will do so again. If we can aid you in your task call on us and we will. May the Force be with you.”

Remi left the Council chamber.

T7 beeped.

Remi = Mother?

“Yes,” she said still getting used to the idea.

T7 = Go with Remi to find son.

“Are you sure?” she asked, T7 would make research easier and she knew she could rely on him.

T7 = Find Nephew

Edited by kabeone
Master Kaeden is dead :) I forgot so he had to be removed :(

Part 2.20 Tick Tock

Remi spent the rest of the day investigating the bodies of the Imperials. She had learned how to track people across the galaxy as Grey, and she used those skills now. She tasked T7 with analyzing any recorded transmissions, hoping to narrow down a ship signal or to find out who authorized the attack. By the end of the second day she had a few leads, it made her uneasy, they were all part of a detachment commanded by the Imperial Guard. She packed up her belonging as if she were never coming back. She took everything she needed, not realizing she had no idea what she really needed.

“Master Remi!” Padawan Leric ran up to her as she loaded a crate.

“Yes, um.” She had never asked his name but she recognized the Padawan from the nursery.

“Leric, Master Remi.” He bobbed his head. “They told me you were going after Koa.”

“Yes.” She said trying to project a calm aura while her stomach twisted in knots.

“You’ll need this.” He handed her a large bag. “I packed the things I know he likes for when you find him.” She looked inside, toys, clothes, preserved foods for a child. She had not thought of any of those things, she had never taken care of a child. She looked away trying not to cry, this young man knew her son better than she did.

He touched her arm, “It’s not your fault they took him,” he said misunderstanding her tears. “Here,” he handed her a small device, she turned it on and a projection of Koa displayed. “So you know him when you see him.” She sniffled and smiled at the Padawan, she could not tell him she would know her son anywhere.

“Thank you.” She said simply.

“I’m glad you’re the one going after him,” he said with all the confidence of innocent youth. “I’m sure you’ll find him.” He trotted off glad that things were going to be ok.

By the end of the third day, Remi picked up her ship from Nar Shaddaa, reactivated Grey’s accounts and started calling in favors. Now, she had nothing to do but stare at the picture of Koa that Leric had given her. Time was passing too quickly and every moment meant she might never see her son again. Her only alternative would be breaking into an Imperial outpost and slicing into their datacenter. By the end of the fifth day she was planning an assault on a station near Hoth, it used to be Republic but the Imperials had taken it over.

The holo-terminal beeped.

“Grey!” Kaliyo began before her image had fully loaded. “First we thought you were dead, and then we get a message asking for intel and you give us a list of dead Imperial soldiers? You’re going big time. Anything I can get in on?”

“Nah,” Remi replied trying to sound casual while her heart leaped with hope, “recovery op unless you like kids.”

“Kids? Uh no. So I never did find out, what happened with you and Officer Big-Hands?”

“That was years ago.”

“So, you still have to tell me.”

“Nothing happened, well they tried to arrest me for something else, they failed and I disappeared.”

“Really? So the Imperials try to take you down you escape and that’s nothing. Nuh uh sister I need details because I have some intel just burning a hole in my pocket.”

Remi sighed hitting the back of her head against her chair. She tried to think of something juicy that would satisfy the Rattataki. “Oh, um I had to take a hostage; I ended up stripping an Imperial Captain and left him at a brothel with two new Twilek friends.”

Kaliyo’s mouth hung open before she disappeared, followed by a peal of laughter. She reappeared still laughing, “Did you get a picture?”

“No, do you have something for me?” Remi asked.

“Sending it now. It turns out the same guys who gave the orders to those dead soldiers are in regular communication with the ship I’m sending you.”

“That’s it? They talk to the same people?”

“The guys you’re looking for don’t talk to anyone on the outside; their little society is completely closed.” The Rattataki said sourly. “This is the best you’re going to get, find these guys and pump them for info. Better move fast too, they move around a lot.”

“I’m already gone.”

“One more thing,” Kaliyo’s flashed a frightening grin. Remi wondered if she used to look like that when she was insane. “This group is all Sith, I know how much you love them. Have fun!” She cut the transmission. Remi checked the coordinates of the ship and plotted a course. She began planning her assault on the Sith vessel, she glanced at the picture of Koa, I’m coming, her heart said.

Part 2.21 Boarding Party

This was too easy. Remi thought as she docked with the other ship. They never fired back even once. She had her blaster rifle ready. She extended her senses and found no conscious presence. The gas had done its job; everyone on board the ship was unconscious and paralyzed. As a precaution Remi had inoculated herself before boarding, her helmet filtered the air but it still tasted sickly sweet.

She entered the main area of the ship and realized why no one had fired on her; they had been fighting each other. She counted at least eight Sith on board the ship assuming none were hiding. She quickly loaded her data spike onto the main terminal so that T7 could begin analyzing the data. She turned to the shapes on the floor, it was dark and the gas was still thick in the air, only a few emergency lights outlined the unconscious crew.

There were several injured here, they seemed familiar but it was hard to tell in the darkness. She dragged the injured to the medical bay. One of them was barely alive. Stripping off his clothes in the darkness, she loaded him into the kolto tank. Luckily, the tank was on backup power. She filled it watching the blue liquid illuminate the room. The man floated in the healing solution, his face was obscured by the breathing mask but he seemed familiar. Remi recognized him, the Captain she had taken as a hostage, Malavai Quinn. He looked different now, he had a scar on his face and something about his eye seemed artificial but it was definitely him. One of his lungs was punctured, his throat was crushed, and he had severe burns. If she had not come along, he probably would have died while his companions fought.

She tended to the other two, now she recognized Vette and Pierce. Vette had a concussion and Pierce’s throat had been crushed neither of them needed a tank. She took her time tending them making sure she did not miss any injuries. The gas would keep everyone unconscious for hours even after it dissipated. She knew she was stalling, if this was Lord Ninka’s ship then she knew who else would be out there. Lord Scourge. Her heart ached; it seemed he really was involved.

She went back to the main room. T7 beeped on her com.

T7 = Found relevant communications.

“Patch them through here.”

Remi watched a replay of the last transmission surrounded by unconscious Sith. When she got to the part where they spoke of performing a ritual on a child, raising him as a Sith, and making him the Emperor, she considered killing everyone and leaving.

“You are all so lucky I’m a Jedi now.” She said to their unconscious forms. She would have to question them before she could leave, she would have to secure them before she could dissipate the gas.

The Taalz was uninjured but too large to shackle, she dragged him to the cargo bay and locked it from the outside. She efficiently shackled the hands and feet of each of the Sith face down, including one who appeared to be dead. She hoped the shackles worked as well on Sith as they did on Jedi.

The final Sith had a familiar presence. Remi turned him over. Every day since she began her recovery, she dreamed of seeing him again. She never expected it to be like this. She calmed her emotions and shackled his hands; Lord Scourge had better have answers.

Part 2.22 Limitations

(Yes we are finally back to where we started :) )

Scourge could not speak. Our son. We have a son. They have our son. His mind repeated. Remi was not looking at him, she could not see the surprise on his face; her eyes were closed as she regained her composure. He wanted to tell her they would get him back, he wanted to shout at her and call her a liar and he wanted to kill her for losing their son. He did none of these things.

She set her jaw and pushed away from him; he lost his paralysis, grabbing the front of her armor with his bound hands, he jerked her back onto him. He held her in place forcing her to look at him. He did not care if she believed him. He needed to say the words. “I did not know.”

She studied his face as he had studied hers. She knew the truth when she heard it but she needed more. “Did you know about the attack?” The steel in her eyes and the edge to her voice warned him that she would kill him for attacking children.

“No.” he answered simply. He liked to think that killing children was beneath him and was relieved he could say he did not know they would attack Tython or that the Vessel would be a child at all.

She repeated her previous question, “Where did they take him?”

His chest contracted as the rage he felt grew, “I do not know,” he growled, “but we will find him.”

She nodded slowly, and entered the code to release his bindings. Scourge sensed her immediately, the strength of light so intense he was surprised he had not felt her presence outside the ship. She pushed away from him to get up but he grabbed her hips and pulled her back down. The tiny gasp that escaped her lips nearly undid him. He pressed his lips against hers, he was not gentle; he sensed her fear, anger, and need. He was Sith, he could not help but feed on such things, and more they were hers. Her lips he tasted, her breath he stole, her body he crushed against his, things he thought he would never have again.

After a breathless moment, she pulled back. She sat with her eyes closed, her face almost touching his. He reached up and touched her cheek; he wanted her to open her eyes, to see them again, to reassure himself that she had healed, that she was back with him. Instead, she turned away, sliding off his lap. She put her helmet back on and handed him his mask, she would not look at him. When it was in place, she opened the door, leaving him alone to regain control of himself.

“So why were you fighting these guys?” She asked once he joined her. “I assume they were together against the lot of you?” She had lined up The Five away from Lord Ninka and Jaesa.

He nodded confirmation of her assessment. “The Hand ordered them to kill us.”

“The usual Sith business then.”

“There is nothing usual about them.”

“I noticed one of them was dead when I arrived.”

“You shackled a dead man?”

“Can’t trust a Sith, even a dead one.” He noticed she had placed distance between the two of them. She did not trust him either, he said as much.

“We can discuss it later,” she said turning over the Sith who had previously been dead.

“I think we should discuss it now.” He said crossing his arms.

“Fine,” she said as she ran a blood sample through a portable scanner. “You’ve killed a lot of Jedi in the past two and a half years.”

He should have guessed she would keep track of him but his operations should have been harder to trace.

“So what would you have done if you had to fight me or Kira? More to the point what would they have done?” she tilted her head toward Lord Ninka’s crew, “and would you have tried to stop them?”

He frowned there were no good answers to that question. “I would regret killing Kira.”

She waited in silence, the portable scanner beeped periodically. She finally glanced up at him, “And me?”

He clenched his fist, hurt that she needed to ask. “I would kill anyone who tried to hurt you.”

“Hmm,” she replied, “What about this ritual and our son?”

“We will find him, I will not let him be anyone’s puppet.”

She heard what he said, and what he did not say. “You want him to be Sith.”

“Of course.” He saw no reason to deny it. He frowned, “and you do not.”

“I know what it took to make me a Sith, and I was willing. What would you do to an innocent child?”

“Sith pureblood are naturally attuned to the dark side of the Force, he would not require such measures.”

“I felt no darkness in him only strength, and ‘such measures’ would be taken anyway. That’s what Sith do.” Her voice heated with anger, “They stole an innocent child to perform some kind of ritual on him to force him to be a pawn for the Hand, just another tool to maintain their power.”

“And what were the Jedi doing? Do you think they would give him a choice? Did they even tell you that you had a son?” He paused and waited, she did not answer. He sneered, “No. They just took him from you and hid him away in their Temple another tool for the Republic. They would force his path just the same, and if he chose differently they would hunt him down.”

“They would not hunt him down unless he was hurting innocents and how would they tell me? I was crazy, for a long time even after I gave birth. What was I to do with a child? They could have given his father a choice, but he wasn’t there was he? No,” she said harshly, “he was out killing Jedi.”

“Did they tell you I abandoned you?” He shouted, furious that she could think that. “Do you think I would not have followed you if I could? They banished me once, they would not let a Sith be near you.”

“No,” she said quietly now, “they would not let a Sith be near me.”

They were both silent.

“I will always be Sith.” Scourge said without any anger, he had told her that many times.

“Yes,” she agreed, reading the scan results, “I know your limits.”

Edited by kabeone

T7 is my bestie. I kept him fully geared the first run through of JK just because I liked him, I didn't know how fortunate that would be.

I found this out while helping my hubby with his JK

There's a mini-puzzle that opens a giant box full of T7 gear in the giant room before you co confront the Emperor, so even if you had not kept his gear up to date, you weren't totally hooped. Just felt like sharing this little tidbit.

I found this out while helping my hubby with his JK

There's a mini-puzzle that opens a giant box full of T7 gear in the giant room before you co confront the Emperor, so even if you had not kept his gear up to date, you weren't totally hooped. Just felt like sharing this little tidbit.

I read about that, but I also read it was bugged so I didn't try. I should have tried it just to see if I could solve. (or looked it up on youtube!)

hehe.. I just got distracted by the shiny lights and started playing with them before I realized what I was doing. I let my hubby die to some random pats while I was doing this, needless to say he was not amused until I unlocked the box for him by accident.

Back to topic... Love the story, and I'm glad the crew is still alive.