So BW can we expect iconic Jedi outfits anytime soon ? -eric- ?

Lord_Karsk

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the last gambling pack contained nothing but putrid shi ... cra .... stuff. How about you start adding stuff that people want?

Ok, if you speak for everyone and the last pack contained nothing that people want, are you saying that NO packs have been bought? Because the info on what was in the packs was clearly advertised. So if no one wanted it, then no one would have bought it, right?

But wait, how is that I see so many people with gear from the new packs? How is there loads of stuff on the GTN? Why did I buy a couple of hypercrates? Why have I already sold my doubles for considerable cash?

It's almost as if people DO like the stuff from the new packs. It's as if you DON'T speak for everyone.

It's totally fine if you want to express your opinion, but why do you have to act as if you speak for the rest of us? I don't recall electing you as my voice.

BW DID include stuff that people want - which is why so many people have bought items from the new pack from the CM or through GTN. You are demonstrably wrong.

Ok, if you speak for everyone and the last pack contained nothing that people want, are you saying that NO packs have been bought? Because the info on what was in the packs was clearly advertised. So if no one wanted it, then no one would have bought it, right?

But wait, how is that I see so many people with gear from the new packs? How is there loads of stuff on the GTN? Why did I buy a couple of hypercrates? Why have I already sold my doubles for considerable cash?

It's almost as if people DO like the stuff from the new packs. It's as if you DON'T speak for everyone.

It's totally fine if you want to express your opinion, but why do you have to act as if you speak for the rest of us? I don't recall electing you as my voice.

BW DID include stuff that people want - which is why so many people have bought items from the new pack from the CM or through GTN. You are demonstrably wrong.

Hey Skippy, thank you for your reply.

I based my declarative statement on the fact that I purchased a 24-pack of the Opportunist pack because I wanted to finish off my rep for these packs to get the "Armed & Dangerous" title.

I had absolutely ZERO interest in any item I received, so I just planned on selling them all. From the 24 packs I purchased, I received the Irratdiated Varactyl and the Camping regen toy. I also got 3 Gold level pets. On my server (Ebon Hawk), the Varactyl is worth 1.8 million, the Camping regen toy about 400k, and the pets are selling for around 25k. I received only one armor piece that I can sell for above 100k (Senuous Lower Body Armor, goes for around 225k). All other armor set pieces are hovering around 45k or less.

So YES, I do speak for everyone when I say that this most recent CM pack is complete and utter trash.

I based my declarative statement on the fact that I purchased a 24-pack of the Opportunist pack because I wanted to finish off my rep for these packs to get the "Armed & Dangerous" title.

I had absolutely ZERO interest in any item I received, so I just planned on selling them all. From the 24 packs I purchased, I received the Irratdiated Varactyl and the Camping regen toy. I also got 3 Gold level pets. On my server (Ebon Hawk), the Varactyl is worth 1.8 million, the Camping regen toy about 400k, and the pets are selling for around 25k. I received only one armor piece that I can sell for above 100k (Senuous Lower Body Armor, goes for around 225k). All other armor set pieces are hovering around 45k or less.

So YES, I do speak for everyone when I say that this most recent CM pack is complete and utter trash.

Lol but you only speak for yourself..

Since the last gambling pack contained nothing but putrid shi ... cra .... stuff. How about you start adding stuff that people want?

Aaaaw maaan... and here I was thinking that the dewback, sensuous dress, ulic qel-droma outfit, formal tuxedo, Stylish dress, rendili shadow and the ikas mounds were really cool looking...

Thanx for setting me straight on that.

Phew, that could have been embarrasing... could you imagine if I used them? I mean you just told us that everyone thought those were putrid shi... cra... stuff... I would have been the laughing stock of SW:TOR!

But at least you set things straight... you are lucky that you can decide what everyone else thinks is cool. Not many have that ability...

And on my server:

Irraditated varactyl is well above 2.5 million.

Camping toy: around 1 million.

sensuous lower body armour: 400k

and I'm not going to generalize the rest but it is mostly higher than what you are quoting.

I think what the problem on YOUR server is, is that MORE people bought the pack so MORE people are trying to sell the items, thus driving down the prices...

Aaaaw maaan... and here I was thinking that the dewback, sensuous dress, ulic qel-droma outfit, formal tuxedo, Stylish dress, rendili shadow and the ikas mounds were really cool looking...

Thanx for setting me straight on that.

Phew, that could have been embarrasing... could you imagine if I used them? I mean you just told us that everyone thought those were putrid shi... cra... stuff... I would have been the laughing stock of SW:TOR!

But at least you set things straight... you are lucky that you can decide what everyone else thinks is cool. Not many have that ability...

For me, all I'm interested in was the sensuous outfit and the dewback. I don't much care for the other things, and seeing as most of the other armour sets are selling for low prices on my server, I can pretty much say, that the common things are trash, they're everywhere, and you can't give them away. I did manage to get a varactyl that I hope to sell for just over 1m on my server, which I'll put to my savings to get the dewback, then I'll be done, because there is nothing in the pack I want tbh. Not very tempting as packs go really.

I did actually get a phallic helmet for about 5K, dyed it purple and put it on one of my bounty hunters, and he looks pretty awful (considering I dyed the rest of his armour purple to match his hair too) lol....

Edited by Lunafox

I find that lack of imagination is part of the problem. I did some quick ideas that I will work on by showing dye packs later, but for the most part you can make an outfit piecemeal. Here are some from his pics with some characters that are similar.

Here

Here

With just a bit of work, you can make just about any Jedi look you want. The only thing missing is the full robe that Master Plo Koon is wearing.

I find that lack of imagination is part of the problem. I did some quick ideas that I will work on by showing dye packs later, but for the most part you can make an outfit piecemeal. Here are some from his pics with some characters that are similar.

Here

Here

With just a bit of work, you can make just about any Jedi look you want. The only thing missing is the full robe that Master Plo Koon is wearing.

Like you say, all it takes is a bit of mixing and matching skills or efforts. The outfit you have furthest to the right, the lower can look more like the look above it by using last handmaiden lowers and regal apparel upper and dying them two tone brown.

Short sleeves, tight sleeves, hoods up, tucked in shirts, skin-tight pants... Right! Imagination. Yeah. Designer's imagination...

Doable solution with some existing armor examples:

A DREAM would be a vest similar to Relnex's one, the sand-colored bit. No overcoat. Just sand-colored vest but with long sleeves like on Ragnos' set. Then the pants: not skin tight but more like those from Sion's set which look fairly loose and really nice. The pants should also have extra bit of clothing to appear under the waist, a "skirt" (look at Handmaiden's pants) which would pose to be the lower part of the vest, which then wouldn't look like it's tucked into pants. Alternatively the bit below the waist can be part of the vest (like in the Aspiring Knight's vest). Then the tabard. Like on master Orgus' set, a cloth or leather (colorable pls!) tabard which would look more or less like Anakin's from episode 2/3. Obi-Wan also had one but it was made of cloth and practically indistinguishable as a separate clothing article.

And then an alternative chest piece which would simply be brown Ragnos' robe with a hood attachment, no extras. Plain. Just textures inside to resemble a mentioned above vest and a tabard would be only on the front and only front bit would hang beneath the waist (Battle Expulsor's robe). I won't mind the tabard to be "glued" instead of being a free-flowing addition. just wouldn't like it too glitch as hard as Jolee's one. Oh, and a plain pair of boots ending a bit below the knee.

It's doable! I just mixed together good lot of Jedi sets. Their features just need to be put together and Bioware can do it! :/

http://i.imgur.com/uqXEqD3.jpg

Look at this guy's armor. Just get rid of the extra metal additions, add long sleeves, replace the cloth (there is a cloth hanging from the chains) with tabard and there we go! This guy even has the "skirt" bit below the waist but as part of the chest piece.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Hi folks, I'm from the french server "Battle Meditation" and I totally agree with this post:

where are the Jedi robes I expect for ages ?

I'm mostly a films fan (The Star Wars extended universe is quite obscure to me, sorry), and I'm still wondering why SWTOR is full of ugly (and desperatly hooded) outfits which make the Jedis looking as some kind of "Space Ivanhoe" mixed with World of Warcraft knights style.

I mean, we have planets, warzones, flashpoints, spaceships, funny emotes and stuff, but not propers Jedi robes and it makes me wondering if it's a technical/copyright problem to add them in the game.

So PLEASE, I'll be REALLY happy to have this:

http://www.freewebs.com/darthmoeller/tsljedirobes3.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/33796/1101609-jedi_masters1.jpg

http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090320221711/s__/starwars/images/5/59/ThreeJedi.jpg

instead of this:

http://www.trippintheforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Jedi-Knight-Gear-Tier-2-625x354.jpg

http://media-titanium.cursecdn.com/attachments/39/871/warleader_jk.jpg

thank you very much :rolleyes:

Hi folks, I'm from the french server "Battle Meditation" and I totally agree with this post:

I'm mostly a films fan (The Star Wars extended universe is quite obscure to me, sorry), and I'm still wondering why SWTOR is full of ugly (and desperatly hooded) outfits which make the Jedis looking as some kind of "Space Ivanhoe" mixed with World of Warcraft knights style.

I mean, we have planets, warzones, flashpoints, spaceships, funny emotes and stuff, but not propers Jedi robes and it makes me wondering if it's a technical/copyright problem to add them in the game.

http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090320221711/s__/starwars/images/5/59/ThreeJedi.jpg

instead of this:

http://www.trippintheforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Jedi-Knight-Gear-Tier-2-625x354.jpg

It is "full of" that stuff and not the "traditional" robes becase this takes place 3600 or so years before the movies.

Fashion changes.

It is like asking for hoodies and jeans in a game that takes place in ancient rome.

Ok, so maby that is an extreme, but to think that jedi have dressed exactly the same for over 3000 years is kinda silly...

instead of this:

I've cried and I've laughed at Rep and Jedi outfits since launch..

Somebody please take Kira's advice: Go to the Sith Empire and grab some of those supposed fashion designers that all seem to work there.

Otherwise, synthweaving could use some more useful schematics. Let the crafters make some of these- and make the most common-type robes ultra rare.

Regardless of what side of the argument people take- whether the canon robes(by whatever definition) are sufficiently in-game already or not; it does seem likely there would be customers to buy these robes if they can be crafted.

It is "full of" that stuff and not the "traditional" robes becase this takes place 3600 or so years before the movies.

Fashion changes.

It is like asking for hoodies and jeans in a game that takes place in ancient rome.

Ok, so maby that is an extreme, but to think that jedi have dressed exactly the same for over 3000 years is kinda silly...

I HATE this argument. First off, the Traditional Jedi Robes that we are talking about can be found in KOTOR I & II. So to use your analogy, it is like pre-Roman's wearing jeans & hoodies, Roman's switching to toga's, then jean's & hoodies remarkably making a reappearance 3,000 years later.

Secondly, to be consistent, remove all Smuggler gear, Imperial uniforms, Trooper armors, Bounty Hunters armors that look strikingly similar to what we have seen in the movies & other modern EU depictions.

Finally, BW used many example of Traditional Jedi attire in the promo materials. Most notably in many scenes from the Timeline journals and the web comics.

Don't you people get it already?

It's been 2-years since this game launched, and it's become totally obvious why this isn't in yet: They don't want it in. They don't care that the players have been asking for it. All that matters is that they don't want them. They want big shoulder-pads, they want spikes, they want bright blinking lights all over the place, they want backpacks, MORE BACKPACKS!!!!!!

There is a video on youtube of some G4 reporter taking a tour of BW Austin and they showed her this entire wall covered with pictures of armors. Just think about how much work went into creating and entire wall of armors with huge shoulderpads, backpacks, spikes, and animal-helmets......And people wonder where 6-years of development went wrong.....

The irony is that when half the programmers and staff lost their jobs after subs tanked, I bet the artist all kept theirs. Explains why there's been no change in direction since launch. Just more of the same ---- all the time.

Don't you people get it already?

It's been 2-years since this game launched, and it's become totally obvious why this isn't in yet: They don't want it in. They don't care that the players have been asking for it. All that matters is that they don't want them. They want big shoulder-pads, they want spikes, they want bright blinking lights all over the place, they want backpacks, MORE BACKPACKS!!!!!!

There is a video on youtube of some G4 reporter taking a tour of BW Austin and they showed her this entire wall covered with pictures of armors. Just think about how much work went into creating and entire wall of armors with huge shoulderpads, backpacks, spikes, and animal-helmets......And people wonder where 6-years of development went wrong.....

The irony is that when half the programmers and staff lost their jobs after subs tanked, I bet the artist all kept theirs. Explains why there's been no change in direction since launch. Just more of the same ---- all the time.

Sadly, I think no truer words have been written on these forums.

You know that looks like this and this

We have asked forever and still nothing.Lots of jedi playing this game you know and many of us

actually want to look like they do in the real star wars universe.

In the Star Wars universe(note the intended omission of the word "real"), not every Jedi wears the robe and tunic combination shown in the films. While I don't like a lot of the outfits available in SWTOR for the Jedi, I think that some of them that are available(if you mix and match) are definitely Jedi-ish.

Here are a couple of great examples of movie Jedi who aren't wearing the "traditional" robes.

Example 1

Example 2

It also might have to do with the fact that the Jedi are at war. You just looked at Luke Skywalker during war, now lets look at him during a time of relative peace in the Galaxy. See, there are the robes during peace and a different, more functional outfit during war.

Edited by DarknessInLight

I HATE this argument. First off, the Traditional Jedi Robes that we are talking about can be found in KOTOR I & II. So to use your analogy, it is like pre-Roman's wearing jeans & hoodies, Roman's switching to toga's, then jean's & hoodies remarkably making a reappearance 3,000 years later.

Secondly, to be consistent, remove all Smuggler gear, Imperial uniforms, Trooper armors, Bounty Hunters armors that look strikingly similar to what we have seen in the movies & other modern EU depictions.

Finally, BW used many example of Traditional Jedi attire in the promo materials. Most notably in many scenes from the Timeline journals and the web comics.

Heh, I kinda knew that comment would bring out those two arguments.

Sure, the jedi had kinda the outfits in KotOR, but there are two issues with that:

1: The only thing you really can't get from the KotOR outfits in the game (with a bit of imagination and some dyes) are the long sleeves, but since we have gotten long sleeved robes in the cartel market (like the Marka Ragnos one) I bet that is coming soon(-ish).

2: That was still 300 years ago. Look at how much fashion has changed in the last 300 years. Maby jedi were going through a more "traditional" phase back then?

Oh and as for the trooper, bounty hunter and whatnot else examples, the jedi-robe-diehards never get that those outfits that those classes have are about as close to the "traditional" (ie. the movies) outfits as the jedi ones.

People whine and moan about how different the jedi robes are. But they really aren't that different.

Sure, they have shorter sleaves, they have patterns instead of just plain brown and they often have the hood up.

Those are the main differences (yes there are the extreme examples, but those exist in all classes).

The Trooper has no really clone/stormtrooper looking helmets (except one, but that one has a sattelite dish in it, so thats moote). The bounty hunter has no boba fett looking armour (yeah, the ones in the game are not even remotely close to his armour unless you just count all armour as "boba fett-y"). The smuggler has no iconic han solo vest.

Sure there are vests, but they all have some wierd cushion around the neck and tons of techy stuff on them.

Then there are the Sith... remind me again, how many plain black robes do they have?

Oh, that's right, one... with a silver stripe on the hood for no apparant reason.

So don't give me that "but the other classes have their iconic movie looks" argument.

Because it's not true.

And it shouldn't.

This is a different era, they wore different outfits than they did in the movies or when KotOR took place.

Get over it, wear a robe with short sleaves... or dye the marka ragnos one brown.

Heh, I kinda knew that comment would bring out those two arguments.

Sure, the jedi had kinda the outfits in KotOR, but there are two issues with that:

1: The only thing you really can't get from the KotOR outfits in the game (with a bit of imagination and some dyes) are the long sleeves, but since we have gotten long sleeved robes in the cartel market (like the Marka Ragnos one) I bet that is coming soon(-ish).

2: That was still 300 years ago. Look at how much fashion has changed in the last 300 years. Maby jedi were going through a more "traditional" phase back then?

"I am Master Gnost-Dural and I disapprove of this message. Just check out my holopics of the good old days on Tython and early days in the SIS.

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120807203412/starwars/images/4/41/Gnost-Dural_SIS_JMGD.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/4/41/Padawan_Gnost-Dural_JMGD.jpg

They even caught me, and my Jedi ally, fighting Sith together! Look, we're not wearing any armor - we're so ******!"

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120807203654/starwars/images/e/eb/Dural_first_duel_JMGD.jpg

This is a different era, they wore different outfits than they did in the movies or when KotOR took place.

http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091023150650/starwars/images/0/00/Jedi_Master_Allusis.JPG

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100219214926/starwars/images/2/2f/Bothawui3.jpg

Full traditional armor just with some poor and small shoulder pads slapped on. Jedi were dressing like this for centuries.

Btw what matters atm is that devs SAID this almost exactly a year ago:

Schubert: We'll be adding new stuff regularly. We want to add archetypal armor, stuff that looks like a traditional Jedi Knight and the iconic classes.

And Eric himself responded to the pictures in this thread :[

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

For the record, Luke didn't wear iconic jedi robes in the movies because the idea of iconic jedi robes didn't exist. He didn't know that the robes Ben was wearing where old Jedi robes. Once he knew what traditional Jedi robes looked like he used them. Read the books.

Have there been many great Jedi who did not wear the classic robes? Yes. Are there great Jedi that did wear the classic robes? Yes. So my question is why are people so against the idea of people running around in Jedi robes with in a Star Wars game? Don't like the idea of wearing robes? OK don't wear them but don't try to limit other people. Also with the Dye system people can use these Jedi robes to make Dark Jedi robes. It will kill two birds with one stone.