Imperial Shock Trooper Class; A new Class Very Similar to the Republic Commando

spacespartanstar

I am advocating a Imperial Trooper class. One that uses an assault cannon with Heavy armor that focuses on damage from longe range with using electrical, energy, and ion weapons and another variation that uses a blaster rifle, vibrosword, and shield for mid and close range brawl. With a tank/healer, tank, tank/damage.

please give thoughts, criticisms, and other ideas.

P.S. There would need to be a republic counterpart.

My post was to create a new class. Create a new feel of game play with a character with different skills, weapons, and abilities then the current Empire classes have. Point is to have something new to play.

Heck, people would want to buy new items for their character that would require cartel coins which would make more money for the SWTOR guys. It is a win win situation.

Create a new class, 4+ years into the game, with Bioware Austin at (a) relatively slim headcount, and (b) preparing to develop new games and launch an new franchise?

Not going to happen... and the discussion has been hashed out lots of times before on the message boards.

Implementing another class, one which mirrors either the Trooper base class or the Commando Advanced Class would mean doing "something" with the existing BH/Mercenary class.

So as well as putting in place the resources to develop your new class, EA/Bioware also have to pretty much completely rework the BH/Mercenary class and story. But that then means that there needs to be another mirror class on the Republic side, probably with the Smuggler being replaced by a "SIS Operative". Smuggler and BH then become orphaned from their existing base factions and need to find a home out there somewhere.

• 2 months later...
I don't think re working the classes will help but i do think making 2 new classes would add a shock trooper to imp side and add sis agent to pub side so we have 10 classes all together. and personally id love to play a sis agent and still keep my smuggler the way it is. same with trooper and keep my BH. but they would be an interesting class to play:cool:

A better idea would be to allow the cross class counterparts to use each others loadouts.

Allow merc/pt to use mando/vg weapons, allow operatives to use scounrel blaster pistols instead of rifles, for example.

No math changes no animations no nothing its already there just allow it to be used on the opposite faction counter class.

• 4 weeks later...
A better idea would be to allow the cross class counterparts to use each others loadouts.

Allow merc/pt to use mando/vg weapons, allow operatives to use scounrel blaster pistols instead of rifles, for example.

No math changes no animations no nothing its already there just allow it to be used on the opposite faction counter class.

This! I still don't understand the thinking behind rifle classes being stuck with 10m/melee range attacks. And bounty hunters with pistols? It just doesn't fit the iconic imagery of Star Wars. All 5 bounty hunters in ESB are clearly holding rifles.

This! I still don't understand the thinking behind rifle classes being stuck with 10m/melee range attacks. And bounty hunters with pistols? It just doesn't fit the iconic imagery of Star Wars. All 5 bounty hunters in ESB are clearly holding rifles.

Well, the problem is PT dps getting a charge imho, that leads to them being more of a melee class. I personally wouldn't mind charge be removed from dps pt's in return for 30m railshot tho,

Well, the problem is PT dps getting a charge imho, that leads to them being more of a melee class. I personally wouldn't mind charge be removed from dps pt's in return for 30m railshot tho,

They got charge because they are a melee class, they didn't get charge and then become melee. It's not just charge, it's shiv, rocket punch, magnetic burst, shoulder cannons and a couple other abilities that are sub 10m range (and a couple are 4m), so if you are doing your rotation right, they need to stay in melee range pretty constantly.

Losing 30m railshot was definitely a bummer, but I don't think it has changed much in pve, just in pvp where there is lots of kiting and enemies getting away from you (but bw thought pts were overperforming in pvp so that's why they did it).

They got charge because they are a melee class, they didn't get charge and then become melee. It's not just charge, it's shiv, rocket punch, magnetic burst, shoulder cannons and a couple other abilities that are sub 10m range (and a couple are 4m), so if you are doing your rotation right, they need to stay in melee range pretty constantly.

Losing 30m railshot was definitely a bummer, but I don't think it has changed much in pve, just in pvp where there is lots of kiting and enemies getting away from you (but bw thought pts were overperforming in pvp so that's why they did it).

That is my point, they were able to use some attacks at 30m range, as well as most attacks at 10m range, with one (two for AP) 4m range attack. (shiv is an opper attack, i think ye mean retractable blade? That one does refresh on railshot though, so should only be used once per target). On the flip side, there was no charge like the other, pure melee classes. Hence my point, since the dps got charge, they had the best of both worlds and they nerfed pts range.

Edited by AdjeYo

• 3 weeks later...

i would settle for a new advance class for all classes

Bounty Hunter: Rifle

Trooper: Pistol

Agent: Pistol

Smuggler: Rifle

Sith Warrior/Jedi Knight: Doublesaber

JC/Sith inq: Unarmed

i would like it if they made it made some new advance classes that used those weapon sets and all of the advance classes did something like the damage they did would heal the party for x mount of what they inflected.

I dont think blaster rifles quite fit the smugler, but then again operative would really look a lot cooler with a pistol imho. And for the love of god, give powertechs rifles already Bioware, come on you can do it!. As for the doublesaber for warriors/knights, I don't know it kinda feels like it would take away from the uniqueness of sins/shadows.

Just my two cents.

Edited by AdjeYo

Yeah I'd love to get to play as a rank and file storm trooper type. There could be some really cool story arcs there like from the Timothy Zahn book Allegiance.

Also seriously lets please let Bounty Hunters use blaster rifles. PLEASE!

Ims should get a "Privateer" class with story based around random galactic lore and events happening from Rishi onward, and Pubs should get a "Jedi Explorer" class who has similar story leading into as the pirate.

Get this a "Lost Sith" class for the Imps with story based on discovery of the events just after the newest Fallen Empire story and the Pubs would then get the "Traveler" who has been on the outer rim exploring and who had been caught in a war between a race not previously seen in the galaxy (much like when thrawns society was found.)

Privateer uses pistols in medium range and vibro-Sword in close range like the shotgun secondary it is pulled out when used in range.

Advanced classes would be "Pirate" or "Swashbuckler" Pirates would use Laser cannons. Swashbuckler would use Vibro-Sword as primary

Jedi Explorer uses the force with artifacts to amplify his abilities but does not use a lightsaber. Either a light-whip or use of a ranged weapon.

Advanced classes would be "Jedi Ranger" or "Jedi Watchman" Jedi Ranger would use Pistols as his abilities utilizing speed and agility. Jedi Watchman would use a light whip and focus on crowd control through use of AOE artifact casts that are used for extensive periods of time but the player only has one until he decides to cast it in another location. both classes have strong telekinetic abilities in the form of force wave radial.

Lost Sith would use a "glass blade" secondary. (think they are called shikkar.) that is used in several abilities force throw and fractured blade strike. as well as backstab and the like. They would wield a vibro-sword or single sabers.

Advanced classes would be "Ravager" or "Force Master" Ravager would use poison DOTs and force lightning damage while casting attacks. Force master would use acrobatics in conjunction with the force to attack several enemy in a dual using the force to boost his speed and stamina

The Traveler would use a Blaster rifle and secondary pistol in close range shootouts with heavy output like full auto or hail of bolts also it would have a set to stun ability for close range CC.

Advanced classes would be "Weaponer" or "Explorer" Weaponer would use a sniper or a blaster rifle and be capable of using an offhand pistol as well. Explorer would use stealth to initiate attacks without breaking stealth (grenade in the pocket or Poisoned dart) this would allow him to cast an attack before beginning an onslaught with his primary weapon a blaster rifle.

Other Ideas are Shield toting force lance wielding force experts for either side. I really want to see a Yord (Yoda's Species) or a wookie Jedi who uses specifically Shotos/Greatsaber repectivly

Edited by AlphaSaberS