Maintenance: 9 February 2016

TaitWatson

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to say. Thank you to everyone working to fix the unintended conflicts before they became serious problems for many players. Great job catching it. Also, many other MMO's just extend the downtime without offering any information to the players. Your transparency and willingness to communicate with your playerbase does not go unnoticed or unappreciated. Keep up the good work. Your team continues to inspire the loyalty of your players.

-I'm not a fanboy, credit where credit is due.

Amen to that. People do need to realize that it takes a lot of extremely difficult and hard work to maintain an online MMO like this on a daily basis. The fact that they are willing to keep you posted on what is going on is admirable on so many levels.

Okay, it takes a lot to get me to post (especially since I enjoy laughing at all the nerd rage fest happening). But this is where I have a problem... "push the update out across our live servers, where we will then test "... seriously? I'm really having a hard time understanding the use of a LIVE server for "test" purposes. I know MMOs need to make money, but cutting costs by testing changes on live servers is NOT the way to keep a fan base.

Simple recommendation... test the changes in your test and pre-production environments FIRST... THEN push to live.

who's gonna test it? those guys went home for the day. Never mind that this probably a bug that is only happening to a low % of players, Low being 15 - 25% of the players going through this content. No, what they're gonna do is release it and if its not fixed, let those who experience it, know what the problem is and maybe get a gm to help you, Then disable whatever area or quest that is bugged. Than leave it for the night and come back to it in the morning. Cause I'm sure after long 12-16 hour day, I'm sure even these guys want to go home.

Just shut up, I'm refreshing to see an update here, not here to see any one of you crybaby ****s whine that a *********** game is down for maintenance.

Yo! My first post ever on these forums, because my evening plans were a little derailed XD

Everyone please remember that Eric is literally just imparting information. He didn't bug the game, nor is it his responsibility to fix patch problems. He has no obligation whatsoever to keep us informed, but he's doing it anyway - and is getting completely ripped apart for it. I hope he's desensitized to this stuff because damn kids, your salt is sharp and stings like the acid it came from.

I've only been playing this game for six weeks and have only been subbed for a month, so my experience with patch problems are non-existent up til this point; maybe that's why I haven't become a violent rage monster like some of you. I know passion gives you strength, power, victory, and freedom, but there's no need to go all Kylo Ren on someone's earnest attempt at keeping you updated.

I can only imagine how hectic it must be in the game offices right now. Any of you play LoL and were around for the ranked/server shutdown this past August? There was a dev blog about the incident and it describes an insanely busy and stressful time trying to fix the issues. Everyone on the SWTOR team is probably in high gear right now, working as hard as they can. It sucks that we can't play, but try to step back and look objectively at the situation: a problem came up. It's being fixed. They're trying hard. Give it time.

TL;DR calm your Sith mammaries, folks. Everything will be alright.

P.S. This will be my first time getting subscriber rewards (the jetpack thing). Will that only be available on one character? How do rewards get given to you? Figured I could sneak these questions in here, since there's a lot of traffic atm :p

^^ The right mentality.