KOTOR – 10 Years Later

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pass. Code camping ain't fun. Bad idea for "celebrations". lol

Would be more tempting if those few codes you're posting up today would be worth 5k cartel coins. Like if it costs you much to put a dozen of those in the entire day ;/

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

So no code because I had to spam the F5 button on my keyboard to be able to see it and get there first.

And no rewards because I have to have a facebook account to get more free CC. I'm not getting a Facebook account for any reason. Ever.

I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt and say there's lots more coming and that I'll get something out of it besides the title.

I expected more for the whole day. But if it's all going to be first come first serve except the title, then I'm not going to be receiving anything. I've got better things to do than hit F5 all day to try to be the first out of tens of thousands to get something.

Like I said, I'm looking to see if there will be more than just that. I'm giving you folks the benefit of the doubt. You've proved us wrong before. Please do it again.

•Epic storytelling in The Old Republic era

** As much as I love SWTOR, I can't describe the storytelling as epic..

I've had some epic moments. Epic or not I enjoy the stories very much

•Cinematic storytelling

** Yup, safe to say.

•The internal struggle between good and evil

** A little I suppose, but nothing you choose make a difference in outcomes so meh..

after playing several classes multiple times I've seen some outcomes go differently. The stories behind the Flashpoints and some of the Warzones I thought i thought reflected this

•Becoming a Jedi

** More than that. Choosing your own path. SWTOR seems to lack that and it would be cool if a Sith could align with the Republic or....

I"m not sure exactly what you're suggesting here. I thought the storytelling for becoming a Jedi or a Sith were good.

•Owning your own Millennium Falcon inspired starship

** Something seems lacking here.

Are you referring to kTOR or SwTOR? Smugger = awesome Millennium Falcom inspired starship. I only wish I could unlock that ship for all my characters.

•Traveling to many different worlds

** Sure.

come on don't be a downer. It's a definite yes

•Adventuring with companion characters that you cared about.

** I really have no feelings towards any of the companions. Needs work. I totally love love love Qyzen, Yuun, Xalek, Scorpio and Scourge

Edited by Sydth

Well, day is nearly over in old europe so we won't have that much from the facebook action as we have to go to bed soon to earn the cash you want us to throw at you.

Questline with deeper look on revan would have been a great thing with or without reward at the end. Whole guild and all friends refuse to take part in the f5 page refreshing battle.

Go Digital with Steam. It is their Summer Sale this month.

Just be careful. The deals will drain your wallet. Go in to buy KoTOR, come out with Torchlight II, Saints Row IV, Surgeon Simulator 2013, Borderlands and The Walking Dead, all for 22 dollars. :eek:

EDIT: You better get your butt over there now, KoTOR is 66% off! $3.39!

*vette's voice* Okay i'll buy kotor 1/2 , promise !

I've love the Star wars, I've love the SWKOTOR, and I've love the SWTOR, thank you for everything, both games are incredible!...

Agreement: Yup. They have been the best games I've played. Although I've enjoyed all the Star Wars games I've got equally. But KotOR1 got me hooked on the Old Republic Era. Thank you BioWare for such a great game.

Thank you for making Knights of the Old Republic. Had a whole lot of fun playing through it multiple times (Light and Dark side, male or female toon, different starting class & Jedi class). I first got hooked on the Old Republic era from the Dark Horse comic series "Tales of the Jedi", and then being able to explore that era with KoTOR, KoTOR II and SWTOR games. Again a big THANK YOU Bioware (yes, I know Obsidian made KoTOR II, Sheldon:p)

It would of been nice if the celebration for KoTOR's 10 year party to be an in game event (ie. special mission).

Just a couple questions:

Why do a Cartel Coin giveaway where you have to Facebook account?

Why not a Cartel Coin giveaway through SWTOR.com? (since you Need a SWTOR.com account to play the game)

Edited by Mezoso
add more info

The parts of KotOR we felt were most important to get integrate included:

Epic storytelling in The Old Republic era

Cinematic storytelling

The internal struggle between good and evil

Becoming a Jedi

Owning your own Millennium Falcon inspired starship

Traveling to many different worlds

Adventuring with companion characters that you cared about.

Epic story telling in this game? Nope

Cinematic? Yes

Struggle between good and evil? Makes no difference on your character end game

Becoming a jedi? Not if youre a smuggler

Cared about companions? Nope

Gotta say, this little "celebration" is pretty pathetic.

A) Having you camp on Facebook to get a code, which some other guy will just get because he is on his cell phone waiting to type it. "These packs will be on a first come, first served basis,". Would it have been a crime to just give one code for everyone to get 450 coins? No.

B) A wallpaper.

C) A in game title for one day only.

D) A blog write up from some guy about the game. Whoopdy do

Man, Bioware...you SURE KNOW HOW TO PARTY! :rolleyes:

No in game event.

No armor set or SOMETHING worth while.

Just like the free 500 cartel coins, Bioware has zero imagination. Everything they do now days is lazy. Just like this. I can guarantee you that if this were in Guild Wars 2 they would have done something to really celebrate, without the monthly fee might I add. All Bioware seems to care about these days is Cartel market, making reskins of everything, and 90% of the time ugly designed armor.

Yes, what a celebration!!!

Edited by DarthVengeant

Bored of F5ing Twitter, sorry.

Going to bed in two hours. Three opportunities for those in Europe to even have a chance of getting a code. Three.

Would have made more sense to just give everyone 450 coins, but whatever.

Edited by Nothematic

Today would have been a great day to send an ingame mail to every character who has done Maelstrom Prison or the Foundry to inform us what really happened after Revan's Malak quote. It wouldn't even matter if the content was 1-2 years away.

In that mail could have been a Revan's Heir title, Ebon Hawk toy, Bastilla/Malak holostatue, Mini HK-47 pet, T3 pet....just to name a few ideas.

Cartel Market could have had Revan's current robe for one week....

Edited by Truami

Gotta say, this little "celebration" is pretty pathetic.

A) Having you camp on Facebook to get a code, which some other guy will just get because he is on his cell phone waiting to type it. "These packs will be on a first come, first served basis,". Would it have been a crime to just give one code for everyone to get 450 coins? No.

B) A wallpaper.

C) A in game title for one day only.

D) A blog write up from some guy about the game. Whoopdy do

Man, Bioware...you SURE KNOW HOW TO PARTY! :rolleyes:

No in game event.

No armor set or SOMETHING worth while.

Just like the free 500 cartel coins, Bioware has zero imagination. Everything they do now days is lazy. Just like this. I can guarantee you that if this were in Guild Wars 2 they would have done something to really celebrate, without the monthly fee might I add. All Bioware seems to care about these days is Cartel market, making reskins of everything, and 90% of the time ugly designed armor.

Yes, what a celebration!!!

Look at the current GW2 event it is so awesome what they do FOR FREE. Heck how are they able to go on with their business? No subscription, a shop that has not half the items and no nickle and diming with celebration items.

Why does this game not use their strength in storytelling to celebrate such an important day. What about a questline where you learn more about the connections between kotor and swtor?

Today would have been a great day to send an ingame mail to every character who has done Maelstrom Prison or the Foundry to inform us what really happened after Revan's Malak quote. It wouldn't even matter if the content was 1-2 years away.

In that mail could have been a Revan's Heir title, Ebon Hawk toy, Bastilla/Malak holostatue, Mini HK-47 pet, T3 pet....just to name a few ideas.

Cartel Market could have had Revan's current robe for one week....

I fear we're never going to get an answer regarding Revan's fate.

Well this sure smells like EA... Got to say if you want to celebrate one of the best games you sure went all out to make it happen. (sarcasm) you got a stupid Facebook give away just proving your bigger idiots then ever. A stupid wallpaper that would've been allot better from a fan and time wasted writing on a blog... Oh and the 10 cc title that will probably pay for your 10th anniversary party...

Ten years and it probably took you guys 10 minutes to come up with that crap. Ive seen gaming companies have more pride and there games and there fan base.

All and all thank you. Tomorrow you can continue to be a mediocre company and offer us no content. :rolleyes:

Edited by Swifz

With all due respect and love to SWTOR (and KOTORs ofc) - WORST CELEBRATION IN GAME INDUSTRY EVER!

Are you serious? Demand to players, people who trust in you, buy your services - jump like carzy monkeys between Twit and FB? Thats all? I'm adsolutely sure that we can live without another Gree event, but 10-th Anniversary of Knights of the Old Republic can count on much better thigs. Epic fail! :mad:

Can we please get the title set up in Collections?

As of now, the Archon title is bugged and linking to this title, which I hope means they INTEND to add this new title to the collections page for unlocking for account.

I don't want to purchase it on every character I have, but I also don't want to forego purchasing it for all my characters if a global unlock isn't going to be implemented in the future.

With such a short time-frame on the purchase, it's imperative we know asap, in my opinion.

Edit: Yes, I know it's supposed to be account-bound via collections, but it's currently not.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6511693#post6511693

Edited by ShyNyny
link

Can we please get the title set up in Collections?

As of now, the Archon title is bugged and linking to this title, which I hope means they INTEND to add this new title to the collections page for unlocking for account.

I don't want to purchase it on every character I have, but I also don't want to forego purchasing it for all my characters if a global unlock isn't going to be implemented in the future.

With such a short time-frame on the purchase, it's imperative we know asap, in my opinion.

Edit: Yes, I know it's supposed to be account-bound via collections, but it's currently not.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6511693#post6511693

It's working as intended on my end. I've just unlocked it for all my toons via collections. Total cost = 15CC, no issues at all.