Delays are gone!

ShadowMasterRP

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a handkerchief, clean your nose, you got a little brown on it.

Btw Blizzard says "thank you".

its amazing how people treat blizzard like saints as soon as they quit playing their game. I bet the same people whining to bioware are the exact same ones who demanded blizzards head on a platter every time a patch was delayed, or every time maintenance was extended

I'm not sure how it's been for other players, but it was really, REALLY bad for me. Delay and framerate were serious issues, especially where combat was concerned. However, I have noticed a remarkable improvement. It's night and day in combat, seriously. I just can't believe it. I don't know what they did, but I can chain together several attacks in a row now because the delay is almost nil, and my framerate has gone way up, too. I'm not sure if the patch had anything to do with that, but it's unbelieveable.

If you liked this game at all and were frustrated before because of lag / delay, I would honestly suggest you try it now. It's like playing a different game all together.

its amazing how people treat blizzard like saints as soon as they quit playing their game. I bet the same people whining to bioware are the exact same ones who demanded blizzards head on a platter every time a patch was delayed, or every time maintenance was extended

Agreed

I would rather them release the FULL fix and wait a while then this half baked crap that did nothing for a lot of people.

You are saying it's better fix it for 100% of people (of which 20% don't understand the issue) later than fix it for 50-60% of people now and 100% later?

Your logic is hard to follow.

If this is true then they are really listening to the community and busting there arses off. I'm glad I gave it another month before parting ways. I just hope the UI customization comes soon and that they reduce or get rid of the sharding. I'll probably check this out later since I have a major migraine. :|

No, seriously. Log in and check.

I just tried all of these:

- Mounting up and moving instantly as soon as the cast bar is finished: didn't get dismounted

- Chaining abilities, especially in melee: no delays before or after abilities

- Queueing abilities during the global cooldown: not a single ability fails

They... they actually fixed the delays.

My Sith Marauder actually looks like he's fighting in a smooth, relentless chain of attacks too. No more awkward pauses between abilities with my character just standing there waiting for the delays to pass.

Z**** WHAT WILL PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT THEY FIXED IT :D

Srly really happy now OH YES YES

- Mounting up and moving instantly as soon as the cast bar is finished: didn't get dismounted

My Sith Marauder actually looks like he's fighting in a smooth, relentless chain of attacks too. No more awkward pauses between abilities with my character just standing there waiting for the delays to pass.

it is FAR to early to say the delays are gone. give it a weeks time.

I would rather them release the FULL fix and wait a while then this half baked crap that did nothing for a lot of people.

Always one, it's made a lot of ppl happy not the other way around

Please read the thread get your facts right before moaning

You are saying it's better fix it for 100% of people (of which 20% don't understand the issue) later than fix it for 50-60% of people now and 100% later?

I follow their logic quite easily.

"Its not fixed for me, so **** everyone else."

His reasoning seems quite easy to follow though, if I don't benefit, no-one should.

In any case, I do notice a bit. It feels much more smooth now! Omw to try it with melee classes now. GJ Bioware.

Started a poll to see where the opinion stands.

http://poll.pollcode.com/vh83t

Your votes are welcomed, but keep in mind that what ever the number, they only reflects peoples opinings about the issue.

You do not have a proper option for me. I was one of the fortunate players who never really had issues with ability delay, therefor I have not noticed any difference, but not for a lack of the problem being fixed.

Just on the speeder thing, I still get dismounted when trying to move when the bar hits the end. I'm still not convinced it's totally fixed.

That could be latency between you and the server. Graphics locally say your mounted but that little extra time is need to let the server know you're mounted.

Bull*****. They might have improved some lag issues or whatever, can't comment on that cause I never had them, both my connection and machine are up to par. The core of the problem is still there unaffected. Get a clue about what the actual problem is before spreading nonsense. Combat is as bad as ever.

at least it didn't take 2sec to go in cover like before.

However, I want to see what happens after :

- 1-2 hours of playing (this is where things starts to go bad)

- peak hours

- crowded areas (ilum)

The patch claims it was designed to address the issue in the very situations you describe. We can only hope it does make a decent difference. I don't expect instant 100% (would be nice), but if they are heading the right way, I am happy.

What i find funny is while they spoon feed you these so called small ability fixes weeks after weeks another month will come by and you will be subbed again.. while they still have yet to fix the problem at hand but a lot of you cant see the bigger picture.

The simple fact is they need to stop beating around the bush and get this update out asap that fixes the real problem at hand - ability delay, animation repeating, skills not going off etc etc ohh and not to mention the freezing in ilum each time a base is taken i could go on but im sure a lot of fanboys will find a way of defending this game.

Right now they need to get these fixes out and stop being vague about when the real fix comes into play.

Edited by Zerolimitz