Best AOE ?

FezzikVIzzini

I was just wondering which class has the best AOE (dps wise)

My lvl 50 Hunter has reasonably good gear now and does a pretty mean Death From Above (not that its wise to use it except on trash cos its a mega aggro magnet). However, my sith sorceror healer has just got Force Storm and I'm loving it. Can cast it repeatedly and at lvl 35 which he is iit's absolutely brilliant with tank companion against groups of melee mobs. Shield the tank, send him in and then do as many Force Storms as needed.

I presume a single cast of Storm is not going to compare to DFA at lvl 50 (especially as I'm a healer and not a dps sorceror) but I am looking forward to seeing how much damage it does at 50. It sure is going to make the dailies quicker that's for sure.

Without a combat log or meter it is impossible to tell with any accuracy whatsoever which is the highest DPS, but it seems to be popular, unsubstantiated opinion that the Commando and Sage are roughly on par with one another for the top AOE damage. Fill in the appropriate Bounty Hunter and Sith Inquisitor AC's for the Empire.

Oh man, if you can't tell that than I'm just sad for you. Learn to play withouth tools holding you by hand everywhere.

So I take it that you can accurately tell which of the two has the higher AOE DPS? If so, please enlighten us. Come on. We're waiting.

Without a combat log or meter it is impossible to tell with any accuracy whatsoever which is the highest DPS, but it seems to be popular, unsubstantiated opinion that the Commando and Sage are roughly on par with one another for the top AOE damage. Fill in the appropriate Bounty Hunter and Sith Inquisitor AC's for the Empire.

Sages/Sorc probably have a leg up on sustained AoE damage with the hybrid TK/Balance spec and it's mirror. MV/DfA are great when they're up, but they're lengthy cooldowns.

Its called testing and FRAPS. Just because you are too lazy doesnt mean its impossible.

So you're suggesting that anybody unwilling to do a near frame-by-frame inspection of multiple recordings of multiple separate but equally geared AC's under a variety of sets of identical circumstances adding up every single fly-text number that pops on the screen and assuming that all the damage is actually shown in the flytext is "lazy?"

I'll amend my statement to "It's practically impossible." By which I mean there is no practical and accurate way to measure exact DPS at this time.

Edited by Ronamo

Its called testing and FRAPS. Just because you are too lazy doesnt mean its impossible.

So I take it you have all 16 ACs at level 50 with Rakata/Battlemaster gear (for each spec as well), with some tool other then fraps to count up all the fling text in the game? Or are you like rainman and can just keep it going in your head?

Your argument is the perfect example of a fallacy.