Power Tech PvP Spec?

InfernoUk

Hey guys

just hit 14 on my powertech and i love it, obviously that means i only have 4 talent points so far but i always place top 3 damage and wanted to see if there was any builds that have been properly worked out that I can work toward?

Focusing on dps but also survivability if possible, I just dont know if the more hardcore players have worked out an optimal setup yet.

Thanks guys!

I personally feel (and yes I'm fairly young so take that as a grain of salt) that the Pyrotech is the best PvP option based on talent points. Sure the tank tree can really beef up your ability to take damage and the AP tree can give you a bit more mobility but the Pyrotech tree gives you the option (and I believe this to be critical) to kite melee types when you need to. Bursting Flame and Sweltering Heat is critical in my opinion and has let me to many wins where I'd otherwise die. Simply land Flame Burst or fire Rapid Shots to get the melee type off you and then have your way with them.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMZMcZfhMbdGhrs.1

I bet the points spent in the other two trees can be argued on where to place them. This I wouldn't mind getting feedback on selfishly.