Timer-based automatic stealth-breaker in arenas

varietasplus

You are missing the point - the real issue is not whether we find the stealther or not. The point is we do not WANT to find him. I do not believe playing hide and seek until sudden death was part of arena design.

Actually it looks to be specifically designed in and the sudden death is a design element to keep the matches short.

Personally, I think arenas suck and don't tend to play them. If they disappeared right now I wouldn't miss them in the slightest. However, if you're going to play in them, then you have to learn the strategy and that includes how to deal with stealthers.

Before you make another post in this thread, group up with your friends and try to find a stealther in the Corellia arena with your grenades, aoes and stealth detection abilities, then come back and tell me it is a l2p issue. If you had paid attention my suggestion was not against stealth in general, I do understand it is essential for certain classes, but simply not to let them troll the members of the winning team. It does not effect the viablity of any class in an arena. On the other hand, wasting others' time intentionally as a pathetic revenge is a total disrespect for the whole game community.

Having 1 or more snipers on you're team and its easily do-able. After reading, the main issues seems that its not unfair per-say, but just a waste of time. 2-3min of you're day and that's if you can't find them doesn't seem worth the headache of Bioware implementing something else that will be most likely broken and possibly exploited when the best way to combat this is annoyance is when your target is say 30%-40%, stun ---> dot ---> aoe's. Chances are you will pop them back out

If he is damaged and escapes and you can't find him in corellia, your team is incompetent. He needs to come out of stealth for at least 4 seconds in order to heal up. If you keep one person on each end they will definitely see him.

No, they don't. If they aren't in combat they will slowly regain their health. Since they are not taking damage or have the threat of taking damage they don't have to break stealth.

I would like to ask the developers to implement timer-based automatic stealth-breaker and higher cooldown on going into stealth again in arenas. The reason behind this suggestion is the pool of childish players who goes into stealth once they realize their team is going to lose and waste the others' time (2-3 minutes) until the self-destruct.

i know those operatives be bursting me down in like 37 gcd's need to nerf cuz i don't like to die.

You should try out these new things called um uh oh yeah AOE's they can do this neato thing called reveal stealth.

i know those operatives be bursting me down in like 37 gcd's need to nerf cuz i don't like to die.

You should try out these new things called um uh oh yeah AOE's they can do this neato thing called reveal stealth.

Duran'del here:

It doesn't work that way. The little turds hide in a corner and glitch themselves so Sudden Death doesn't kill them. Its a totally retarded mechanic that needs to be fixed. Stealth Scan doesnt work.

Duran'del here:

It doesn't work that way. The little turds hide in a corner and glitch themselves so Sudden Death doesn't kill them. Its a totally retarded mechanic that needs to be fixed. Stealth Scan doesnt work.

Please post a video of this "glitch" because I've never seen nor heard of such a thing where someone can sit in a corner and not be injured from sudden death.

I bet you are young, 16-22 years old. Life is too short to waste 2-3 minutes idle in a game.

I doubt the purpose of an arena was to let a team win with first skill after having spent 3 minutes doing nothing. Also, I doubt it is right that a single stealther healer should win against 2 or 3 enemies at full health just because that player hid away for minutes and survived sudden death 1 sec longer.

Anyway, thank you for your responds, now that I realized I should expect stealthers to do this more and more often, I will no longer play arenas.

its funny cause you are on the forums complaining about something in game... life's too short, eh?????? :rak_03:

its funny cause you are on the forums complaining about something in game... life's too short, eh?????? :rak_03:

One may never grow old to play games, but the older you are, the more you regret every minute wasted.

Everyone needs to take a break every once in a while. It used to be darts, pool, ball sports or playing cards, why would a computer game be different nowadays?

Edited by varietasplus

For the stealthers relying on this, yes.

It's a deathmatch, not hide and go seek. In any other pvp format, abandoning the objective and hiding in a corner until time runs out nets you a loss. And yet some of you think this is meant to be a legit "strategy" in arenas... :o

I think the people that you speak of are the same people that think their overpowered class is not overpowered and you just need to learn to play.

I think if they get their *** kicked and they resort to hiding they should lose. They did get their *** kicked after all.

This game isn't winning people over with it's spectacular PvP system I will tell you that. Come the new games if they don't have these issues, you might see some more reduction in the player base.

Edited by NathanielStarr

For the stealthers relying on this, yes.

It's a deathmatch, not hide and go seek. In any other pvp format, abandoning the objective and hiding in a corner until time runs out nets you a loss. And yet some of you think this is meant to be a legit "strategy" in arenas... :o

The only L2P issue is when the enemy team can't kill the stealther before sudden death kills their own team.