Give us a "non Expertise Warzone Bracket" please

Zlashie

To the people saying that gearing up is fairly easy I agree with you. The problem though still is that while it may be easy and not take much time it feels like a grind and the entire process is not very fun. Someimtes it will take me 10-15 warzones to get the 3 wins needed for the daily. All the while I am consistently getting killed and not being able to kill the opposition simply because of the gear difference. It isn't a fun experience.

PVE gear grind is not the same because you have a stable progression of gear that you can Win at each level. In other words yeah it might take me longer to get the Rakata gear but the time I spend doing that is much more enjoyable because I am not getting my *** handed to me at every corner while doing it.

I have currently stopped playing my 50 and am rolling alts and taking my time leveling them. Hopefully by the time they hit 50 all of this will be sorted out and PvP will be enjoyable for fresh 50's.

To the people saying that gearing up is fairly easy I agree with you. The problem though still is that while it may be easy and not take much time it feels like a grind and the entire process is not very fun. Someimtes it will take me 10-15 warzones to get the 3 wins needed for the daily. All the while I am consistently getting killed and not being able to kill the opposition simply because of the gear difference. It isn't a fun experience.

PVE gear grind is not the same because you have a stable progression of gear that you can Win at each level. In other words yeah it might take me longer to get the Rakata gear but the time I spend doing that is much more enjoyable because I am not getting my *** handed to me at every corner while doing it.

I have currently stopped playing my 50 and am rolling alts and taking my time leveling them. Hopefully by the time they hit 50 all of this will be sorted out and PvP will be enjoyable for fresh 50's.

Takes 1-2 days to get full cent gear and be competitive with the best of them. You not being able to kill someone boils down to them being better players, or you being worse.

Sounds like you shouldnt pvp. PVE your way to gear that is argueably better than the best pvp gear.

Again, fresh 50 pvp is annoying for the 1-2 days it takes you to complete the weekly. Then you will be sitting ~500 expertise and similar stats to champ gear.

I have only been pvping since lvl 44 on my guardian which is now 50. lvl 44-49 gave me time to learn the different games (matches) tactics people use and such. Upon dinging 50 how ever that's when the real learning curve came into play. I wouldn't want it to change and here's why. While a fresh lvl 50 is gonna get pounded into the ground by better geared players it should do a few things for you. I say should, because some people don't like it hard, but I digress. What it did for me was build a little character. Made me, forced me to learn to play faster and better. While I was slowly getting better at pvp tactics and mechanics, learning how others fight both allies and enemies I was also gaining gear piece by piece. The progression of learning to play and gaining gear at the rate it is now seems more beneficial then anything to me. I now have full centurian with a champ chest piece am at 450 expertise and I compete ok. Still get face rolled by better players and better geared plpayers but that to me is only incentive to get even better with my chosen class and to keep at it for the gear as well. I wouldn't want pvp to be easy with a fresh 50. I don't want everything handed to me on a flippin silver platter. I WANT to work for what i get. So no.....leave pvp as it is. Thank you. Edited by TipsyDrow

Hello

Not going to make a long and detailed post about this because it will end up with battlemasters telling me everyone who complains about expertise are bad pvpers.

So il get right to it.

Im tired of pvping being a preset match about "who got the most expertise". I allready played wow for 7 years, I dont need to experience this gear wheel one more damn time.

Normally I would ask for expertise to be removed but some pvp'ers believe its perfectly fine to divide pve and pvp into two groups insted of just being one united happy family.

But since that is subjective Im going to ask for the "in between" option: Simply give us a bracket which is for non expertise users. It should be created as such that expertise value equals 0 in this match so that people without expertise can have fun as well.

The thing is, the difference between a newly dinged 50 and a rakata geared 50 is average iLvl 124 vs average iLvl 140 which is not such a huge difference however when a newly dinged 50 goes in with his iLvl 124 against a 600 expertise battlemaster who has iLvl 140 its pretty much an arrow to the knee.

This should make everyone happy. The expertise bracket will be competetive for users who did their thing and the non expertise bracket will be a happy place for those of us who hate the fact that game devs divide the game into "groups" depending on what gear you wear.

I can only find 2 disadvantages to this and that is:

- Longer queues HOWEVER Bioware said they would add cross server pvp so this is no problem.

- Battlemasters can no longer feel like gods just because they have lots of expertise

And here are the advantages

- No more QQ about Expertise being OP

- Much Less problems for a newly dinged 50 to go into pvp

- PvE'rs can enjoy warzones without having to ask themselves "am I a reliability to my group, without expertise?"

- Seperating expertise should give more competetive warzones as well, and not a game of "who has most expertise"

you will have teams of rakata geared imps rolling you just like the BM imp groups roll you now.

I got my alt to 50... 4 days later I'm full centurion with custom mods and a lucky piece of champion. And I don't play 24h/day so someone who does more then a daily would gear up faster. I already am competitive and can't complain much.

Do the same.

This. ^

It's retarded easy to gear centurion now. In the time you used to post this you could have had another piece of gear. ;)

Takes 1-2 days to get full cent gear and be competitive with the best of them. You not being able to kill someone boils down to them being better players, or you being worse.

Sounds like you shouldnt pvp. PVE your way to gear that is argueably better than the best pvp gear.

Again, fresh 50 pvp is annoying for the 1-2 days it takes you to complete the weekly. Then you will be sitting ~500 expertise and similar stats to champ gear.

You are greatly over exagerating the ammount of gear you get from this stuff. A fresh 50 after weeklys and Dailys will have about 15 bags to open. Granted the new system has increased the speed at which you can buy gear via commendations but even with that change you are going to be sitting at one or 2 pieces of champion gear and a couple pieces of Centurion gear unless you get really lucky with getting the tokens. I hit 50 before the changes and went through 20 bags to get 2 pieces of centurion and 1 piece of champion.

It is also not a skill issue, it is pretty clearly a gear issue. I was able to play my guardian just fine all the way up to 50 (before the 50 bracket) in PvP. I did not feel like no matter what I did I was just going to get rolled. Once they introduced the 50 brackets and a majroity of people were running around with 300 or more expertise then me thats when it suddenly became not fun. Combine that with the fact that you need to win the WZs or hope to not get zergged into oblivion on Illum and the gear progression becomes a grind that is not enjoyable.

If you like playing a game for hours and getting your *** handed to you all the time because you are under geared more power to you. I for one do not enjoy that, and it is pretty clear by this thread and MANY others that I am not alone in this sentiment.

If you want to have a gear progression then you need to make it so that people who are progressing through that progression are not facing people at the next level in the progression. I am not going to try and get Rakata gear on a fresh 50 after all so why should I be trying to complete tier 1 and 2 gear against people who are working for tier 3? It is silly. Ultimately I am in favor of no gear progression in PvP but that will not happen. Too many WoW fanboys out there that need a carrot to chase for PvP.

I agree that a Rakata geared player will DESTROY a fresh 50 a lot more than a Battlemaster would lmfao.

Honestly, the amount of time it takes to get Centurion gear is just ridiculously fast. You can EASILY hit 500 valor in a week or so assuming you do your daily and weekly quests.

This is just another case of guy A wanting what guy B has without having to jump through ANY hoops at all even though guy B has jumped through 1000 hoops to get where he is.

If expertise wasnt so ridiculously easy to get i'd agree with you OP. But as it stands right now that is not the case. Only lazy people complain about the expertise differences. I mean it soft caps at 10%...I think the different between a Battlemaster and a Cent geared 50 is something like 2.3% which is like nothing in the big scheme of things.

Completely agree with the OP.

I can´t fathom why MMOs ALWAYS try and separate PvE from PvP gear. PvP should be all about skill, not gear.

Sure, gear plays some part in the game, but i feel this atempt of introducing PvP gear in MMOS to be something along the lines of "Ok, you hit lvl cap, but now you have to PvP until your head explode, trying to get this gear, cause we have nothing more for you to do, content wise".

Really frustrating, and proven to be a BIG game breaking in so many other MMOs (especially wow).

So, i´d rather get rid of ALL the PvP gear.

Sure, there must be some other way of rewarding ppl for PvP, like a HUGE ammount of exp, fashion clothing, or whatever.

My 2 cents.

Edit: some typos

Edited by ArlindoGMNeto

It still shocks me that people believe my thread is about me having issues gearing up. Its actually me asking to have an expertise free zone to pvp in ala a PvE'rs place to beat eachother: Just for the lulz.

I am perfectly happy with my raidgear, Thank you.

And my Companion is perfectly happy with her championset, Thank you.

This pretty much boils down to two things. And its 100% subjective.

I dont like games which require you to have different sets of items for different situations. it strikes me wierdly that Luke Skywalker would need 5min to switch to his pvp gear before fighting darth Vader (analogy).

I want to be able to use my one set of clothing for all aspects of the game I am playing.

Only time I would need to change gear is if I changed my specc (e,g dps to healer or tank to dps or dps focus on stat x to dps focus on stat y)

In my opinion having a pvp specific stat ruins any form of competetive pvp unless you happen to be ontop of the pvp gearwheel yourself. One could argue this is the same for all kinds of gear but in my opinion, the game should have 1 line of progression with multiple ways to reach that goal.

Also expertise is based on Resillience (WoW), which was added by blizzard as a bandage because blizzard failed to balance pve and pvp accordingly. It makes no sense that we use it here.

Edited by Zlashie

I´m not saying you have issues gearing up, all i´m saying is that this kind of aproach as far as PvP goes, has been used in the past in other games and it was pretty much a fail for the majority of them.

Not talking to you, dont worry :)

Talking to the disrespectful people throwing QQ, L2p etc comments.

again, you will have full rakata geared folks rolling you instead of full BM folks rolling you .. the result will be the same. gear up or get out.

brackets are the only solution, but they are not a good one if it shoots queue times through the roof.

As long as people get 0 drops from it , it is quite a nice idea.

No expertertise = no comms.

Otherwise i want weak PvE bosses i can kill easilly on my PvP gear so i can aquire PvE top gear also.Remm , they must be quite easy to kill so i dont lose my time.

Edited by rzrknight

I have been on teams with a good amount of new 50's that have crushed against well geared teams just by working as a team. I have also been on those same team situations where we get crushed and it has nothing to do with gear, mostly the lack of teamwork. And it don't matter the WZ, if you aren't working as a:p team you just aren't going to win no matter what gear you have.