Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

Such a cool story, bro! The thing is many people here and in some other threads concerning about the same things are saying the "run, skip, spacebar"-runs should disappear and many are suggesting to make killing all the bosses required to finish the FP. That would be a good idea as the bosses are there for a reason, even though some people are way passed the point of needing the drops.

And your story is just as cool... Again, point is there's a large community of people who don't think they should disappear and said community aren't jerks just because some people don't get what they want. Do the full FP, skip most of it, idc; but when people QQ that others are a-holes because they don't agree, then it's an issue. As is suggesting that the game be altered to give one group their specific desire. Bottom line is if you pug, you get what you get. I don't want to do the whole thing for the 114th time, so I don't. If that pisses some people off, then that's unfortunate, but I don't start QQ threads about how people are "anti-social" because they don't agree, which is how this whole thing started. We can agree to disagree about how FPs should be run, but I strongly oppose fixing FPs to require mandatory all-boss kills.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my thought. If your running with guildies or just to get your coms skipping is th ebest way to do it becuase once you get full columni HM FP's (minus Lost Island) are pointless. If you PUG a flashpoint and there is someone who wants to watch the cutscenes and do every boss and you dont want to either suck it up and help someone out or just quit before you even start and say you just dont have time or something. My advice join a guild before 50 and you wont have this problem.

See the great thing about rolling a healer as a main. When you ask people to space bar thru the cut scenes they usually do it. Personally if you want to watch the movies QUE FOR A NORMAL FP. But I flat out tell them if you do not space bar I will just leave.

Sorry those of us that have been around since launch or Beta have done these so many times. We would like our coms and be done. As to skipping bosses. If you ask nicely I have no problem helping kill something if the entire group agrees but first person who ask not to I join them and either quit or skip.

We dont need to make them mandatory. Keep them the way they are for those of us that do them just to help people getting crafting components.

Just finished another Battle of Ilum, skipped all bosses except for the 2 last ones, so sick of this ****.

If you need drops people should respect that and kill the bosses. I never had this ******** in WOW. Too many selfish players in the community here.

Implying any of the tionese drops are worth the 1s and 0s that they are made of now that every fresh 50 gets a full set of the stuff.

You people are comedy gold.

You want to kill that the extra crap in the HM FPs, tell Bioware to make it worth the effort. All that crap is now is odd colored vendor trash.

Here's how it is;

I don't like you, I don't want to like you, I will never like you. You're the "unwashed masses" to me. I want 1 thing and 1 thing only, to get my daily random fp 5 comms and **** there.

If I could always find 3 other willing guild mates to run it with, you would never see me in there, you'd be worse off for it too. I'm the guy who will carry you to certain victory, even though I'm a DPS. I'm the guy that could practically solo the place because I so far outgear the place I practically 2 shot anything in there and will often have more hitpoints than the tank.

You should be thankful I sometimes aren't able to get a full guild group to do this. You will sit back, you will enjoy the ride and you will be thankful for your easy 15 minute run and your guaranteed end boss loot and comms and most importantly, you will not ***** about it.

Edited by Sydexlic

This thread is a good example why the community is messed up....selfish people all around.

Just kill the damn bosses that's what they are there for.

Also FYI not just the endboss drops Columi or comparable gear!

So there goes the "everyone already gets free tionese so we can skip everything" argument.

This thread is a good example why the community is messed up....selfish people all around.

Just kill the damn bosses that's what they are there for.

Also FYI not just the endboss drops Columi or comparable gear!

So there goes the "everyone already gets free tionese so we can skip everything" argument.

Ask at the start. If they say no, drop group and requeue. Or ask in general for a group to do a full clear. I can tell you aren't a tank, so stop expecting the people that actually do the work in the FP to do more just for you. Go roll a tank and run FPs the way you want or stay as a DPS and suck it up princess.

Alternatively, you could just pull the bosses, then they have to kill them. But you'll probably get vote kicked for that.

Personally, I don't mind fighting skippable bosses but I'm not going to clear more trash than I need to. As such, no, I won't do the bonus boss. Still irks me every time we skip the last boss in T5 though....

Here's the thing, the runs are being steamrolled by people who are only there for the BH comms. They're over geared for the content and clear it in 20-30 minutes. Now this does cause an issue for those in fresh tionese and trying to get the next tier up, but it also does you a favour in getting you those BH and lower comms faster.

Incentive is the only way to make full flashpoint runs a possibility, but what do you offer operation level players who don't really need anything but the BH comms and pile of credits for completing it?

Here's how it is;

I don't like you, I don't want to like you, I will never like you. You're the "unwashed masses" to me. I want 1 thing and 1 thing only, to get my daily random fp 5 comms and **** there.

If I could always find 3 other willing guild mates to run it with, you would never see me in there, you'd be worse off for it too. I'm the guy who will carry you to certain victory, even though I'm a DPS. I'm the guy that could practically solo the place because I so far outgear the place I practically 2 shot anything in there and will often have more hitpoints than the tank.

You should be thankful I sometimes aren't able to get a full guild group to do this. You will sit back, you will enjoy the ride and you will be thankful for your easy 15 minute run and your guaranteed end boss loot and comms and most importantly, you will not ***** about it.

If only people could see the good sides of having experienced people "who had done that flashpoint xxx times" instead of just hating them for prefering to skip the bosses for the comms.

Here's the thing, the runs are being steamrolled by people who are only there for the BH comms. They're over geared for the content and clear it in 20-30 minutes. Now this does cause an issue for those in fresh tionese and trying to get the next tier up, but it also does you a favour in getting you those BH and lower comms faster.

Incentive is the only way to make full flashpoint runs a possibility, but what do you offer operation level players who don't really need anything but the BH comms and pile of credits for completing it?

Add 1 BH comm per boss at the end and 2 for the bonus boss.

Add 1 BH comm per boss at the end and 2 for the bonus boss.

Then you would be diluting the value of BH comms since people could just run the FPs constantly rather than only being able to get a limited number of BH comms per day. It makes people more likely to run then and kill the bosses, but it operates counter to the necessity to have the relevant resources limited to some extent.

If only people could see the good sides of having experienced people "who had done that flashpoint xxx times" instead of just hating them for prefering to skip the bosses for the comms.

but usually there are no good sides

those selfish experienced people en mass do not bother explaining anything about tactics and hints

just crying skip the trash, skip the miniboss, skip the dialogues

last week we have such an experienced healer crying for our tank "NOOB!" and "*** HEAD" all the way through HM Flash

and when i said him better help and explain the tactics he just said "WHY I SHOULD!?"

with overgeared and bored experienced player there are less chances to learn how to fight proper way - because he runs through flash like a hot steel through butter and even when he do not skip content you can do a lot of mistakes and it does not matter and you do not see it and you learn nothing.

Edited by pan_sObak

run operations?

You take away BH comms from group finder FPs and pretty much no one will run them. You'd go from having only speed runs to having next to no runs, does that really seem like a good idea?

Really, the only viable option to avoid boss skipping is to make the quest update when they die. I personally don't mind if a boss isn't skippable. Fighting through them, or running around them is only a slight difference in time. Being forced to kill trash is very very different. Really though, as long as they're skippable, I'll keep skipping.

Then you would be diluting the value of BH comms since people could just run the FPs constantly rather than only being able to get a limited number of BH comms per day. It makes people more likely to run then and kill the bosses, but it operates counter to the necessity to have the relevant resources limited to some extent.

Within the context of the GF mission.

And your story is just as cool... Again, point is there's a large community of people who don't think they should disappear and said community aren't jerks just because some people don't get what they want. Do the full FP, skip most of it, idc; but when people QQ that others are a-holes because they don't agree, then it's an issue. As is suggesting that the game be altered to give one group their specific desire. Bottom line is if you pug, you get what you get. I don't want to do the whole thing for the 114th time, so I don't. If that pisses some people off, then that's unfortunate, but I don't start QQ threads about how people are "anti-social" because they don't agree, which is how this whole thing started. We can agree to disagree about how FPs should be run, but I strongly oppose fixing FPs to require mandatory all-boss kills.

Why do you pay for playing the game and play it if it pisses you off that much? I have done every single FP of the game atleast 30 times during the year the game has been out and I still like doing them, even without skipping anything. Yesterday I did my daily HM on Kaon with some columi geared people and we practically did everything minus the bonus boss. The run took around 1 hour and even though I have done the said FP dozens of times it was still very fun to play the game as it was intended.

Why do you pay for playing the game and play it if it pisses you off that much? I have done every single FP of the game atleast 30 times during the year the game has been out and I still like doing them, even without skipping anything. Yesterday I did my daily HM on Kaon with some columi geared people and we practically did everything minus the bonus boss. The run took around 1 hour and even though I have done the said FP dozens of times it was still very fun to play the game as it was intended.

You can't skip the bosses in Kaon, so really all you did different was to kill trash you would normally skip, which coincidentally unlocks the bonus boss that you skipped. Pretty much, you wasted your time on trash that drops the occasional piece of green gear you can sell. If you enjoyed it, awesome, but that's not the crux of the argument here.

If on the other hand, you are just talking about the bosses your point is invalid since those can't be skipped anyway. Part of the reason I love pulling Kaon on my new 50s. There are plenty of FPs where I have to fight everything and when those come up, I do so.

You can't skip the bosses in Kaon, so really all you did different was to kill trash you would normally skip, which coincidentally unlocks the bonus boss that you skipped. Pretty much, you wasted your time on trash that drops the occasional piece of green gear you can sell. If you enjoyed it, awesome, but that's not the crux of the argument here.

If on the other hand, you are just talking about the bosses your point is invalid since those can't be skipped anyway. Part of the reason I love pulling Kaon on my new 50s. There are plenty of FPs where I have to fight everything and when those come up, I do so.

Yep, it was lots of fun because instead of going "platform jumping" to skip few groups of thrash or running through a building to skip some of them we just cced the irritating mercenaries, killed others and the mercs last and moved on. It was such fun to use my char's abilities again after some time instead of running and jumping like in Mario or Mega Man games :)

but usually there are no good sides

those selfish experienced people en mass do not bother explaining anything about tactics and hints

just crying skip the trash, skip the miniboss, skip the dialogues

last week we have such an experienced healer crying for our tank "NOOB!" and "*** HEAD" all the way through HM Flash

and when i said him better help and explain the tactics he just said "WHY I SHOULD!?"

with overgeared and bored experienced player there are less chances to learn how to fight proper way - because he runs through flash like a hot steel through butter and even when he do not skip content you can do a lot of mistakes and it does not matter and you do not see it and you learn nothing.

You just refuse to look at it in a more positive way by making negative examples and presenting them as if everyone who is overgeared is behaving similarly en masse, this is not true.

With the overgeared people the lower geared people are able to obtain gear - and basic experience - not to mention save time in their runs. Even if some bosses are skipped which is really a usual phenomenon in only 2 flashpoints in the game, the rewards of playing with these people in the long run should also be considered. Of course playing with a guy who is always cussing as is in your example is not a good experience but this is certainly not always the case, which in that case I can recommend you to ignore the ******es and move on

Do not make dramatic exaggerations about a problem that is not as big as you try to portray, it is not doing a lot of people justice.

There has always been some kind of mobskipping in either small or large scale in flashpoints but the latest trend is simply wrong.

It seems that teams doing flashpoints skip some of the bosses and have no respect for the ones that are signing up to get better gear.

Please respect the players that join flashpoints with groupfinder to gear up, it is enough to wait for ages for them to pop.

Alternatively Bioware could make the flashpoint not complete unless all bosses are dead (the way it should be)

Thoughts?

Is it fair to ignore players in the team that needs gear and steamroll through the flashpoint not listening at all?

I agree Its pretty dam sad that Mob skipping seems to be the latest trend going on.

Why do people ask for more flashpoints/Content when all they do is skip mobs, All the mobs that are skippable they skip.

and all the excuses that i see is "I don't want to do it, because ive done it 100's of times".

1.So you find more enjoyment running past mobs?

Where do you get your enjoyment?

Whats the payoff? the Rare item from the bosses...?

So you get your rare item from bosses only to do more FP's to skip more mobs and bosses..

2. Ive seen people Rage-quit after a member of the group pulls an enemy 3 times.

Now when I see an over-geared player that are in my group from GFinder, doesnt matter if they're healer DPS or a tank, Those are the type of players that I look out for because they're the first ones to say "Spacebar, Spacebar!" and/or "we Skip!"

3. I even had to give away a purple item that was dropped from a boss once because the fully geared player moaned and whined about it, mind you that throughout the run he already did get 2 purple drops before hand, Maybe im too kind? lol

Flash-points should not be finished until enough mobs have been killed.

Edited by Sakushi

I agree Its pretty dam sad that Mob skipping seems to be the latest trend going on.

Why do people ask for more flashpoints/Content when all they do is skip mobs, All the mobs that are skippable they skip.

and all the excuses that i see is "I don't want to do it, because ive done it 100's of times".

1.So you find more enjoyment running past mobs?

Where do you get your enjoyment?

Whats the payoff? the Rare item from the bosses...?

So you get your rare item from bosses only to do more FP's to skip more mobs and bosses..

2. Ive seen people Rage-quit after a member of the group pulls an enemy 3 times.

Now when I see an over-geared player that are in my group from GFinder, doesnt matter if they're healer DPS or a tank, Those are the type of players that I look out for because they're the first ones to say "Spacebar, Spacebar!" and/or "we Skip!"

3. I even had to give away a purple item that was dropped from a boss once because the fully geared player wanted it, mind you that throughout the run he already did get 2 purple drops before hand, Maybe im too kind? lol

Flash-points should not be finished until enough mobs have been killed.

The keyword here is how the content is challenging and what it rewards for it's challenge. The thing is nobody should possibly expect a person to still enjoy a content one has done a lot of times already. In time it will get repetitive, the person will master the tactics of the content and will look for ways to avoid it if he/she can. It is natural human behavior nothing so over the top or unacceptable.

The reason why people ask for more flashpoints is because they hope, naturally that the new ones will provide more and a new type of challenge.

And a mistake you seem to be making is that thinking people skip - reap rewards - and skip again on FP content only to do more FP's again in the future, in the same manner. This idea if flawed because also a very good reason people engage in this behavior is because they do not see Flashpoints in their sights as the content they are having fun with. Most of them are doing FP's merely to prepare themselves for the Operations they want to do quicker, this too, is natural and intended.

The keyword here is how the content is challenging and what it rewards for it's challenge. The thing is nobody should possibly expect a person to still enjoy a content one has done a lot of times already. In time it will get repetitive, the person will master the tactics of the content and will look for ways to avoid it if he/she can. It is natural human behavior nothing so over the top or unacceptable.

The reason why people ask for more flashpoints is because they hope, naturally that the new ones will provide more and a new type of challenge.

And a mistake you seem to be making is that thinking people skip - reap rewards - and skip again on FP content only to do more FP's again in the future, in the same manner. This idea if flawed because also a very good reason people engage in this behavior is because they do not see Flashpoints in their sights as the content they are having fun with. Most of them are doing FP's merely to prepare themselves for the Operations they want to do quicker, this too, is natural and intended.

There is No challenge if you skip all the way to the boss, End of!

Ask at the start. If they say no, drop group and requeue. Or ask in general for a group to do a full clear. I can tell you aren't a tank, so stop expecting the people that actually do the work in the FP to do more just for you. Go roll a tank and run FPs the way you want or stay as a DPS and suck it up princess.

Alternatively, you could just pull the bosses, then they have to kill them. But you'll probably get vote kicked for that.

Personally, I don't mind fighting skippable bosses but I'm not going to clear more trash than I need to. As such, no, I won't do the bonus boss. Still irks me every time we skip the last boss in T5 though....

So the DPS and healer just pick their noses while the tank does the hard work? Get real.

It's a GROUP thing and all contribute to get the job done, not just the tank.

I bet you didn't get all your bloody gear solo either....

FYI i have 4 level 50's and two of those (tank included) have been there for ages, i never ever was this selfish and i did do all the bosses if others needed the gear upgrade. If you can't be bothered to do the bosses find a guild group to skip everything. People que in LFG for one reason, GEAR UPGRADES and they don't get it due to people skipping half the instance.

This is not just a problem in this community but in the world overall, people are too selfish it disgusts me.

Edited by DMSL

There is No challenge if you skip all the way to the boss, End of!

The only thing I can tell you as a response to this would be for you to check a dictionary for the meaning of "challenge". What may be challenging for you may not be challenging for others. I really can't make you feel emphaty if you don't have any.

So the DPS and healer just pick their noses while the tank does the hard work? Get real.

It's a GROUP thing and all contribute to get the job done, not just the tank.

I bet you didn't get all your bloody gear solo either....

FYI i have 4 level 50's and two of those (tank included) have been there for ages, i never ever was this selfish and i did do all the bosses if others needed the gear upgrade. If you can't be bothered to do the bosses find a guild group to skip everything. People que in LFG for one reason, GEAR UPGRADES and they don't get it due to people skipping half the instance.

This is not just a problem in this community but in the world overall, people are too selfish it disgusts me.

You haven't really read what he wrote, did you, he did state that he wouldn't mind doing skippable bosses.