Best alignment for Non-Typical JK & JC Story: GRAY/NEUTRAL or DARK?

ChazDoit

There are plenty of cases where it did work well. I think Yoda is a great example. :) and Obi-Wan.

Of course. This isn't to say it can't work for some, I just wouldn't say it would work for the majority of people. Though, no idea how it works for Yoda's race, maybe it comes easy? I'm sure someone could say. Obi-Wan also seemed the type to likely be able to form an attachment and still not go world stomping mad. I'd even argue he had an attachment to his padawan and later Luke.

Theron doesn't "hate" the Jedi.

As for Satele she is supposed to be a model Jedi and for someone in her position especially it would be a mistake to have such a strong emotional attachment. I don't agree with the nonattachment rule but that's the reasoning. Also it's not like he grew up in a ghetto or someone fished him out of a dumpster, if I remember correctly he was raised by a Jedi Master who he still considers to be his "father".

I said that I wouldn't blame him if he did, meaning, if we find out his feelings about it are deeper than what has been presented.

Being emotionally abandoned by your parents is extremely painful. When your parents can't give you the love and attention you need because they can't (for whatever reason), it is extremely damaging and in my case, led to PTSD. He was raised in a communal environment, but I don't believe that can ever completely fill a child's need for unconditional love from parents or parental figures.

That the Jedi take small children from their parents and disallow their parents to fully interact with them is evil.

I said that I wouldn't blame him if he did, meaning, if we find out his feelings about it are deeper than what has been presented.

Being emotionally abandoned by your parents is extremely painful. When your parents can't give you the love and attention you need because they can't (for whatever reason), it is extremely damaging and in my case, led to PTSD. He was raised in a communal environment, but I don't believe that can ever completely fill a child's need for unconditional love from parents or parental figures.

That the Jedi take small children from their parents and disallow their parents to fully interact with them is evil.

Yes but I would think that depends on how old you are when you are "abandoned" by your parents. If you never knew them to begin with it won't feel like a gap or something missing in your life, like in my case. I never knew who my father was my mother raised me by herself and I never had any problems with it. Although I still had one parent so that's different for sure.

I kind of agree with this, and both sides are doing it. Although the Jedi may be a little less aggressive about it :p

Edit: Also Theron Shan doesn't seem all that troubled by it either. He did have a father figure in his life. If the Jedi got rid of the silly nonattachment rule and Jedi were able to see their parents...well that'd be ideal I think.

Edited by Bouncy_Hunter

I do not get the feeling that the Jedi order in the game do that. That seemed to be more of a Prequel era thing.

Yes but I would think that depends on how old you are when you are "abandoned" by your parents. If you never knew them to begin with it won't feel like a gap or something missing in your life, like in my case. I never knew who my father was my mother raised me by herself and I never had any problems with it. Although I still had one parent so that's different for sure.

Well, it's like children who grow up believing whoever is their parent, or grow up never knowing their parents. Some of them just get parent issues.

They talk about how much they love their parents, find out they're adopted and stop thinking of them as parents.

Some will just depend on the person involved. My father was in the Navy most my life growing up, since he was a 20 year vet. We didn't see him often until his last 2 years in. I'm the oldest who didn't see most of my time growing up, yet it's my younger brother who had the daddy issues, even though he was there for more of his life. :p