I dont know why the Sith Warrior story gets so much praise

Kurugi

Don't get me wrong, it was good, but the high point of the whole story for me was definitely the end of chapter 1. My problem with it had more to do with I didn't like how it ended.

I think I would have liked the story better if chapters 2 and 3 were reversed, and you took down Baras sooner and moved on to bigger and grander things fighting the republic. I hated how much of a pest Baras was and I really wanted to be rid of his chains, and I didn't like that once you are finally rid of him it's basically "story over, thanks for playing". I wanted there to be more afterwards. I know there's going to be more added on to the story but it was just such a sudden ending, like the ending to a Rocky movie almost. You beat Baras, say a few words to the council, walk out, THE END. Close up of Rocky, Adrian, Paulie, ROLL CREDITS. I literally sat in my chair afterwards like "that...that's it? All that build up and I beat him and the exposition literally lasts less than a minute?". I earned my Darth title but didn't feel I get a chance to do anything with it. Please tell me I'm not the only one that feels this way.

My first character was a Sith Warrior, I made him a Marauder and I love the story. To be honest, it flows so nicely the way it happens, from start to finish it just works. If we reversed Chapters 2 and 3, then there would be no explination for

becoming the Emperor's Wrath and later killing Baras.

As it stands now, the story works fine, at least for me. By the end of the Warrior story I HATED Baras enough to really want him dead. Before, I was just making fun of how he had one too many Dark Side Donuts from the Sith Krispy Kreme. Lord Fatass and his loyal servent Drahg, the future Lard King. I mean I hated him already at that point, but after everything that happens and you get contracted by the Emperor I was ready to stab him with his own lightsaber and carve up his fat like butter and serve it on toasted bread to his followers on the Dark Council.

Okay maybe I'm a little twisted, but I really hated Baras. My only regret about the story was you didn't get to hear him squeal like a piggy.

I disliked and wanted to kill baras from the moment I met him, (oddly I feel the same way with zash on my SI), and I loved how the story progresses and how the dynamic between you and baras changes. To me its very similar to the rule of two at least indirectly, which I love (Bane is one of my favorite characters) so it worked for me.

The sith warrior great class i have even played it yet a lot of killings lol love it too bad the jedi knight cant always kill people it is just how i feel

Tell that to....

Stupid Quinn.... The only person that truly deserves to die in agony :). And he has to be the healer so can't get rid of him.

Don't get me wrong, it was good, but the high point of the whole story for me was definitely the end of chapter 1. My problem with it had more to do with I didn't like how it ended.

I think I would have liked the story better if chapters 2 and 3 were reversed, and you took down Baras sooner and moved on to bigger and grander things fighting the republic. I hated how much of a pest Baras was and I really wanted to be rid of his chains, and I didn't like that once you are finally rid of him it's basically "story over, thanks for playing". I wanted there to be more afterwards. I know there's going to be more added on to the story but it was just such a sudden ending, like the ending to a Rocky movie almost. You beat Baras, say a few words to the council, walk out, THE END. Close up of Rocky, Adrian, Paulie, ROLL CREDITS. I literally sat in my chair afterwards like "that...that's it? All that build up and I beat him and the exposition literally lasts less than a minute?". I earned my Darth title but didn't feel I get a chance to do anything with it. Please tell me I'm not the only one that feels this way.

I see the purpose of the SW story as showing how the SW becomes the Wrath so it kind of ends when you complete your first "Wrathly" duty (kill the False Voice Baras) and cement your claim to power as the Wrath in front of the Dark Council. I think switching Ch 2/Ch 3 would have lessened the impact of the final scenes of Ch 3. I do agree that I want to see more and think that in future stories, the Wrath will be involved with fighting the Republic/Jedi.

Edited by stuffystuffs

I think the story was pretty straight forward, with enough twists and enough action to keep me interested through it. But what really sold it were the developed characters, specially the antagonists in Chapter 2 and 3. Pretty much every storyline with a good and defined antagonist (Chapter 1 of the smuggler comes as a prime example) was above average, while the ones that didn't build up emotions towards them (Chapter 1 of the consular) didn't.

I don't see it as the more original of all the class stories, but it didn't need to to make me enjoy it.

Edited by Morlaak

What I loved in the SW story is how it made nearly everything "by the book", in classical sith fashion, and pulled it off with flying colors. (Corruption of a young jedi, lording over slaves(vette) and other inferiors, revenge, killing your master, showing off your strength, even facing your other self - etc)

For me it was less about what happened rather than it happening according to all the laws of Sithhood. That said, Baras was absolutely great. I applaud the voice actor.

The warrior story just flows really well and each act improves on the previous imo. It also has great, prominent, supporting characters: Baras, Vowrawn, Emperor's Hand and more. I realized that's a huge part of a successful story. It's the same with the agent.

At least you find your lightsaber instead of getting it as a free handout.

Yeah I never understood why the inquisitor gets a free handout instead of finding theirs. Going a step further, why don't the Sith toons get to build their lightsabers to conclude their training on Korriban like the Jedi do on Tython? Is there some lore element I'm missing?

Edited by Projawa

Tell that to....

Stupid Quinn.... The only person that truly deserves to die in agony :). And he has to be the healer so can't get rid of him.

Exactly, I hate quinn more than anyone else plus the fact he betrays you. It's a shame he's the healer, he's my primary companion even though I despise him.

What I loved in the SW story is how it made nearly everything "by the book", in classical sith fashion, and pulled it off with flying colors. (Corruption of a young jedi, lording over slaves(vette) and other inferiors, revenge, killing your master, showing off your strength, even facing your other self - etc)

For me it was less about what happened rather than it happening according to all the laws of Sithhood. That said, Baras was absolutely great. I applaud the voice actor.

In my opinion, it's even better when you go light side, because of how well your character subverts sith fashion while the story and everything around him goes 'by the book'. You basically just go in and subvert every sith trope. . . and many jedi ones.

I will say the end of chapter one was the best.

Especially with drawing the one jedis dark side out and then twisting his apprentice over to the darkside.

I also like being dark aligned yet having my own code that was more "friendly" I guess to allies, yet still just as nasty and unreasonable with any enemy.

The entire thing was decent enough; but I thought the conclusion after all the fighting paled in comparison to the Inquisitor and Agent. It just dropped off and felt empty.

Weakest storytelling of them all.

In the end it was interessting just because it tells something about the jedi-knight story ending.

Best in my opinion is the agent.

Yeah I never understood why the inquisitor gets a free handout instead of finding theirs. Going a step further, why don't the Sith toons get to build their lightsabers to conclude their training on Korriban like the Jedi do on Tython? Is there some lore element I'm missing?

I can tell you why the SI gets the lightsaber for free:

Zash plans to kill you (well, suck your soul out and stick it in her own rotting corpse) and assume your identity, at which point she'll be able to use ti again. So she's not so much giving it to you as loaning it...

Actually, that's the exact reason why I liked the SW story so much. Most of the other stories suffer from "whack-a-villain". You know... when villains are introduced and immediately killed off without any character development whatsoever. Does this seem familiar?

Oh look! There's this guy called Darth Maul. Why does he hate our protagonists? Who is he? What are his motives? Whoops, he died.

Oh look! There's this guy called Count Dooku. Why does he hate our protagonists? Who is he? What are his motives? Whoops, he died.

Oh look! There's this guy called General Grievous. Why does he hate our protagonists? Who is he? What are his motives? Whoops, he died.

The Sith Warrior story has one villain that you grow to love or hate right from the Prologue up until the culmination of Act 3. He was a villain that was fully developed, had a history, had motives, in short he was someone we came to understand and hate for good reason. That's why the original trilogy is so much more memorable than the prequels. There's one villain (Darth Vader) who gets developed throughout all 3 movies, rather than 3 lesser villains.

Nobody really likes any sort of storytelling solely for the plot. In fact, "there are only 7 main plots in all of literature". So what makes us come back for more? The memorable characters, of course. Baras was one hell of a memorable character.

Edited by Jenzali

Actually, that's the exact reason why I liked the SW story so much. Most of the other stories suffer from "whack-a-villain". You know... when villains are introduced and immediately killed off without any character development whatsoever. Does this seem familiar?

Oh look! There's this guy called Darth Maul. Why does he hate our protagonists? Who is he? What are his motives? Whoops, he died.

Oh look! There's this guy called Count Dooku. Why does he hate our protagonists? Who is he? What are his motives? Whoops, he died.

Oh look! There's this guy called General Grievous. Why does he hate our protagonists? Who is he? What are his motives? Whoops, he died.

The Sith Warrior story has one villain that you grow to love or hate right from the Prologue up until the culmination of Act 3. He was a villain that was fully developed, had a history, had motives, in short he was someone we came to understand and hate for good reason. That's why the original trilogy is so much more memorable than the prequels. There's one villain (Darth Vader) who gets developed throughout all 3 movies, rather than 3 lesser villains.

Nobody really likes any sort of storytelling solely for the plot. In fact, "there are only 7 main plots in all of literature". So what makes us come back for more? The memorable characters, of course. Baras was one hell of a memorable character.

The prequels did have one main villain: Palpatine. The 2 main purposes of the prequels was to show 1. Anakin's fall to the dark side and becoming Darth Vader, and 2. Sidious undermining the Republic and twisting it into the Empire. In fact I thought the development of Palpatine was one of the best things about the prequels, especially in episode 3.

I never said Baras was a poor villain, or if I did I didn't mean to make it sound that way. The main thing I didn't like was that was your character's main rise to power, and once you obtain this power by defeating your master it's like you don't have anything to do with it afterwards because the stories over. I just wanted to really take it to the republic and you do most of that in chapter 2 but honestly chapter 2 feels like fluff more than anything substantial. I guess the main point of it was to make you get sick of Baras always telling you what to do and where to go. I mean the Jedi Knight fights the freakin EMPEROR at the end of their story (sorry if that was a spoiler), woulda been cool if as a Sith Warrior you got to fight someone like Satele as your final boss instead.

The prequels did have one main villain: Palpatine. The 2 main purposes of the prequels was to show 1. Anakin's fall to the dark side and becoming Darth Vader, and 2. Sidious undermining the Republic and twisting it into the Empire. In fact I thought the development of Palpatine was one of the best things about the prequels, especially in episode 3.

I never said Baras was a poor villain, or if I did I didn't mean to make it sound that way. The main thing I didn't like was that was your character's main rise to power, and once you obtain this power by defeating your master it's like you don't have anything to do with it afterwards because the stories over. I just wanted to really take it to the republic and you do most of that in chapter 2 but honestly chapter 2 feels like fluff more than anything substantial. I guess the main point of it was to make you get sick of Baras always telling you what to do and where to go. I mean the Jedi Knight fights the freakin EMPEROR at the end of their story (sorry if that was a spoiler), woulda been cool if as a Sith Warrior you got to fight someone like Satele as your final boss instead.

Yeah, but they were not conflict characters until the last one; which ironically became the best of the 3.

I will say the Sith Warrior story was the best I've seen so far, but the writing in TOR overall is very lacking and no where near the level of KOTOR/Mass Effect/Dragon Age.

And the Jedi Knight just killed one of the Voices of the Emperor, same as the Sith Warrior did on Voss. Not the Emperor himself.

Edited by Atma

I thought the ending fit the story perfectly. The warrior ends up above the Dark Council, second only to the Emperor. I don't see how "going and fighting the Republic" would improve on that. And if you bother to go to Ilum and do the quest line there, you will get the chance to threaten and even Force choke (with no Dark side points) a Moff in true Vader fashion.

As far as what the Jedi killed, way to not use the spoiler tag, but we don't really know if The Hand was telling the truth or not. Just because Baras said something doesn't mean that it's automatically a lie.

I can tell you why the SI gets the lightsaber for free:

Zash plans to kill you (well, suck your soul out and stick it in her own rotting corpse) and assume your identity, at which point she'll be able to use ti again. So she's not so much giving it to you as loaning it...

Zash's plan was to overwrite your soul/mind/consciousness with hers. I don't believe the process needed her to first remove your soul or dump it in her corpse in order to succeed.

Seeing as she already had a lightsaber, I imagine it was a minor concern of hers whether or not she retrieves the one she gave you.

The question still remains- why do Sith in TOR not build their lightsabers from scratch? Was it to differentiate them from the Tython starting zone, to illustrate that they are more ad-hoc opportunistic in how they gear up, or to make your warrior/inquisitor stand out from the average Sith graduate who indeed has to build theirs? Sorry if I'm reading too much into it :D

Edited by Projawa

I thought the ending fit the story perfectly. The warrior ends up above the Dark Council, second only to the Emperor. I don't see how "going and fighting the Republic" would improve on that. And if you bother to go to Ilum and do the quest line there, you will get the chance to threaten and even Force choke (with no Dark side points) a Moff in true Vader fashion.

As far as what the Jedi killed, way to not use the spoiler tag, but we don't really know if The Hand was telling the truth or not. Just because Baras said something doesn't mean that it's automatically a lie.

They are telling the truth. When I got to max affection with Kira Carsen on my knight, her final companion quest has you going off with her to Voss to investigate one of the "emperor children" which Kira was at one point. The quest implied the Emp's still alive somewhere and communicating with his servants. I also recall one of the writers mentioned the emp's still alive.

Edited by Projawa

As far as Kotor goes apprentices were sent into the tombs as a form of their final trial. There they would find the lightsaber that would be theirs if they could have it. A sith apprentices lightsaber represents the fact that he had the power and cunning to overcome dangers of the tombs to retrieve their lightsaber.

As for the inquisitor, you could argue that Zash felt the inquisitor met all those things and thus deserved his lightsaber

Warrior does not end up above Dark Council.