Thoughts on Force Speed?

Nosaj

The two second burst we recieve from force speed is rarely enough to get away from an attacker. I'd like to see this slightly increased by .5 for a full 1 second with possibly slightly longer cooldown to offset, any thoughts?

I use the Force Speed in conjunction with our Slow to get away from Solo attackers, if theres more people (and your a sorc) your probably going to die anyway, (unless your half healing spec, in which case, why are you running?)

The Force speed we currently have as a class gets us over obstacles, allows us inventive use of the Assassin/Inquisitor Pull skills.

Making it last longer seems to me like a bit of a buff, a large buff, an unnecessary buff.

The current speed/time works out just fine, also the Assassin gets to use the speed alot more often due to their skills cutting the cooldown

Really? Electrocute/force-speed = i'm well out of your range and still blasting you with lightning while you do the 60Hz shuffle. Electrocute wore off? Here's a slow! I'm still running, but wait, I can hit you with any number of instant cast abilities (as a sorcerer). Yeah, force speed is very useful. In the operations settings, getting out of lava after a knockback is pretty quick, getting away from adds, etc. Not to mention simply using it on cooldown for travel purposes when you are unable to mount. Many many applications, not just gap closer but as a gap closer, assassins (tanking ones especially) NEED something to get them in quickly, and this does the job reasonably well. Edited by Natarii

Godly? are u kidding me I think force speed is a bad joke as a closer while other classes get force leap, intercede, grapple, and force pull. I love reading how peeps think it's wonderful its pure garbage in comparison to the other abilities.

All those ability (exception on intercede) bring people to YOU. Intercede bring you to the target friendly (if I remember correctly)

force speed is just a quick get away tool which others do not have. It is pretty awesome.

After playing an Operative, Force Speed was one of the big reasons I rolled an Assassin. +150% move speed for 2 seconds for every 20 seconds. Plus I have it talented to break movement imparing effects. Force Speed is great stuff.

I'd rather than +150% speed for 2 seconds than +50% speed for 6 seconds.

All those ability (exception on intercede) bring people to YOU. Intercede bring you to the target friendly (if I remember correctly)

force speed is just a quick get away tool which others do not have. It is pretty awesome.

Its both or ur doing it wrong lol. Still blows in my book. Biggest use is allows me to get out of places faster that I can't use my speeder. Also allows passing groups of mobs that will aggro my companion even tho I have stealth merited like really bio? The companion bug of getting detected is getting old fast.

Edited by LordbishopX

I guess I should have clarified and my apologies but I'm really referring to force speed in pvp combat only as a sorcerer. IMHO it works fairly well in PVE. However, while in pvp, as a sorc our cooldowns for cc's being 1 min it is sometimes tough to get away from others who can leap to you even after a force slow. We don't have many abilities to cut down the speed cool down. So once they leap at you after the slow and you then use your speed to try and escape you are still in range of their attacks. Seems like an extra .5 or 1 second would be helpful in making a true escape in a one on one situation.

Just seems like with the other classes abilities our speed is mitigated down to limited/minor effectiveness. Keep in mind we are not a class as sorcs that deal large amounts of quick damage (like the 5,000+ one hit ops spec) many of our abilities are dot's or attacks that take time to generate damage.

Just a suggestion really but I can see other points against it however, in pvp I just haven't had tons of success with it. Maybe lower the cool down time then just a hair, something just seems sort of halfway effective here.

You can

1. Chase down targets in PvP

2. Run from targets in PvP

3. Get from point A to B basically 2-3 seconds faster in PvP (more if it takes more than 20 seconds to get there)

4. Serves as a reverse slow in PvP.. another tool to widen the gap

Outside of my damage abilities this is easily my most used skill right next to force shield.