HK-51 has worst DPS of all companions and is unusable as a tank

KevMeup

At level 50, HK should be able to parse around 4700 dps (like T4-1D). The best he can manage is 3800, making him the worst (non-Cartel market) companion in the game DPS wise.

His tank stance is pretty much unusable, considering he doesn't get any of the damage reduction skills normal tank companions do. He just jumps around and dies painfully.

The simplest fix would be to copy Z0-0M and K1-Z3N's skills. That would bring him up to 5000 dps and fix his tank skills, making him once again a viable companion. The hardest and most rewarding would be to adjust his dps skills to hit harder and to completely rework his tank skills to include damage reduction so that he can tank as well as normal comps.

• 9 months later...

He did get the 5.5 companion damage increase (which lana did not) but he's still one of the the worst performing companions in the game :(

Level 50, Shae Vizla, 6500 (Ranged, 1 Pistol) -5.5

Level 50 Master Ranos, 5400(Melee, 2 Sabers) -5.5

Level 50 Kaliyo Djannis, 5030 (Ranged, Blaster Riffle) -5.5

Leval 50, Lana, 4668 (1 saber, melee) -5.5

Leval 50, HK-51, 4230 (Ranged, Sniper Riffle) -5.5

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They destroyed what made HK-51 unique, he was Aim and Cunning, when they replaced all the class attributes with Mastery. And of course they removed weapons and armor effecting companion skills at all. And they remove droid parts (armor).

They made Treek worthless when they made all companions able to heal or tank. When she first came out she was best at both. I only get her to have extra crafter/gather on a new character. Getting any of those extra companions also grants light or dark points. The droids and animals cannot do crafting/gathering missions though.

• 4 months later...
Glad to know I dropped 1m credits on the *******st companion in the game!

since the companion homogenization, which has never been truly equal, one does not drop the 1 mil credits for an effective combat companion. you do it for a non-story tied companion that will never get stolen away by story, which makes it a prime candidate for a i50 crafting/crewskill companion.

same reason meany people do not get any CM companions other than treek's contract to be unlocked in legacy for all toons - treek can be put to work, no other CM companion can.

If its functionality you are after:

DPS - Shae Vizla

Heals - Z0-0M

Tank - Lokin

if you do not have any of these, any dual-weilding ranged comp will have the edge over the rest, especially as melee companion pathing is still broken.

I get the general frustration over all the 'broken' companions, but it has been this way for years, and even if they say they are going to 'work on it', it could be many more years before we ever see any effective change (if ever).

• 3 weeks later...
Hope it got changed in 6.2.

I doubt it's a priority , with so many companions, we're stuck with how they are. If it was a CM companion they might, as people would have paid real money for it. But unfortunately I think poor old Hk 51 will just have to sit in the corner and rust away 💧💔

I doubt it's a priority , with so many companions, we're stuck with how they are. If it was a CM companion they might, as people would have paid real money for it. But unfortunately I think poor old Hk 51 will just have to sit in the corner and rust away 💧💔

Yes, we do have many companions, but this is definitely an "iconic" companion NPC, with a story to boot. More importantly HK-51 is one of a few companions that can continue to be used for crew skills during chapters 1-8 of KOTFE.

HK-51 and Treek have both been borked since 4.0. No idea why they would both to fix them now.

There are three independent reasons to fix them:

1) There is a cartel coin, and therefore real money value, associated with them (though it is an optional pathway to acquire them)

2) There are story elements to them, both in terms of their acquisition and they have companion conversations.

3) They can be used during chapters 1-8 of kotfe for non-chapter content and for crew skills, unlike cartel market unlocked companions and story based companions.

Yes, we do have many companions, but this is definitely an "iconic" companion NPC, with a story to boot. More importantly HK-51 is one of a few companions that can continue to be used for crew skills during chapters 1-8 of KOTFE.

I fully agree, and would be 100% behind a campaign to fix him.

There are three independent reasons to fix them:

1) There is a cartel coin, and therefore real money value, associated with them (though it is an optional pathway to acquire them)

2) There are story elements to them, both in terms of their acquisition and they have companion conversations.

3) They can be used during chapters 1-8 of kotfe for non-chapter content and for crew skills, unlike cartel market unlocked companions and story based companions.

CC's are optional, HK-51 can only be gotten the first time by doing the quest. The cc's only come in to effect after, and then, it's optional, as you can use credits too. Treak, can be bought with credits when your legacy is high enough, and afterwards can be unlock with credits on other chars, for even less than HK.

The story elements, and crew skills haven't been effected by their reduced efficiency in combat, they are still there.

As for Non chapter during kotfe, etc. CM companions can be used, just not crew skills.