One money sink too many.

chimunga

I have dealt with the cost of taking mods out of armor. I have come to terms with the cost of training as you level up. I understand the exorbitant cost of legacy perks.

However, I have come across the money sink that breaks the camels back.

Paying money, to the modification station, to put Augmentation slots into your armor. It's ridiculous. I makes no sense. And frankly, it's just plain dumb. It's a small amount of money, not that much per level, I understand. But it doesn't make sense. You not only have to pay for the Augment slot, and the Augment itself, but you have to pay to put the augment slot into your armor.

1000, 2500, 4000, 6000, 15000, and 30000 Credits.... To put one augment slot of your level into ONE peice of gear. That adds up. So if I was say, butting MK-1's into every piece of just my main gear (chest, hands, boots, legs) gear, it would cost 4000 credits. MK-1's are for level 9 augments. /facepalm.

I don't understand. Could someone please explain it to me in a way that makes sense?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate it too. I am an alt-aholic crafter with no 50's on a dead server so I have little money to spare and no easy way to generate more. Making all of the components, the kit and the augment, are no problem but I cannot afford to install the kit so I stopped making them! :(

I agree with you here. I understand why they have money sinks but I think they have taken it to far. Also I dont realy get the point of augs pre 50. I mean I can see it will help you level but the cost is silly so why bother and why waste dev time on them. Just intoduce top tier sockets and augments and save the effort.

And please stop charging so much for things we arnt all gtn millionares.

What I find funny is in march at the guild summit they reported that 80% of the players in game had under 400k credits...yet they have so many insane money sinks now its almost intolerable. If you want all the legacy char perks they gave us with 1.3 it costs 2M per char. If you want to unlock all legacy perks from races to abilities to ship stuff and comp boosts its a cool 20M. Legacy sure is expensive considering how poor a majority of their playerbase apparently is.

Money sink are in videogame to keep economy healthy.

There is something wrong when it's the contrary, when money sink IS the economy. It's not healthy.

I'm not arguing about it's easy to have money, l2p... But the way this game handle economy. It's all about daily grind to fuel your money sink.

What I find funny is in march at the guild summit they reported that 80% of the players in game had under 400k credits...yet they have so many insane money sinks now its almost intolerable. If you want all the legacy char perks they gave us with 1.3 it costs 2M per char. If you want to unlock all legacy perks from races to abilities to ship stuff and comp boosts its a cool 20M. Legacy sure is expensive considering how poor a majority of their playerbase apparently is.

I've come to terms with the legacy prices. They're supposed to be elite... or something. Something you have to work really really really really hard for and still not have the money to get.

But I just can't comprehend the need to charge to put an augment slot into something. Next are they going to start charging to put mods IN our gear?

Think aout it this way. Bioware dont take player feedback serious, they know most players can afford it.And stil

they do it. They actually think that making even more grinds in the game it will keep players around...........

We are paying them real life money so they can give us a real life job of grinding ingame credits......go figure

Next up pay 10 000 credits to enter the warzone.Also just in, in legacy 1.4 pay 500 000 credits to unlock the unlocks in the legacy....

Agreed. Cut this crap out BW. It's not fun. It's not clever. Everyone can see right through it for the hampster wheel time sink it is.

We've all heard how very proud and giddy wth excitment your whole team was about the legacy system. Star Wars was always about family, blah blah. Yeah ok. It's a cool idea, but you've failed miserably at its implementation. Using credits to unlock the features doesn't even make sense. Family is family and our toons should be able to pass on perks to subsequent alts regardless of how stinking rich the family is.

Many have suggested our legacy have a talent tree with tiers that unlock depending on legacy level. Excellent idea and it makes sense. A literal "family tree."

And the augment fees only add insult to injury. Where is that fee even going? At least they could have an npc by the tables who assists with the procedure so it would at least make some sense from a RP perspective.

Being forced into dailies isn't the solution to provide the currency. Introduce other currency requirements if you're determined to go that route. Like tokens cashed in from gambling at the pazaak tables. Now THAT could be fun. People will get another mini game, added "fluff" that so many have requested, and it might actually be FUN saving up for these fees.

Agreed. Cut this crap out BW. It's not fun. It's not clever. Everyone can see right through it for the hampster wheel time sink it is.

We've all heard how very proud and giddy wth excitment your whole team was about the legacy system. Star Wars was always about family, blah blah. Yeah ok. It's a cool idea, but you've failed miserably at its implementation. Using credits to unlock the features doesn't even make sense. Family is family and our toons should be able to pass on perks to subsequent alts regardless of how stinking rich the family is.

Many have suggested our legacy have a talent tree with tiers that unlock depending on legacy level. Excellent idea and it makes sense. A literal "family tree."

And the augment fees only add insult to injury. Where is that fee even going? At least they could have an npc by the tables who assists with the procedure so it would at least make some sense from a RP perspective.

Being forced into dailies isn't the solution to provide the currency. Introduce other currency requirements if you're determined to go that route. Like tokens cashed in from gambling at the pazaak tables. Now THAT could be fun. People will get another mini game, added "fluff" that so many have requested, and it might actually be FUN saving up for these fees.

Off topic, but I've always loved the Legacy Skill tree idea. Makes so much more sense than fricken money.

My favorite part is the effort put into a overly complicated "appearance customization" system. At end game it costs WAY TOO MUCH to keep stripping mods from my armor and moving to social or orange customization gear. I don't even bother and just wear whatever gear drops. Even if I look like a complete clown or everyone else. I would rather play an alt than have to grind out dailies. Cost of pulling Item Mods is stupid high. Would rather spend those credits on new gear or perks.

Why not just do the wardrobe tab like so many other games have done? Its a good system.

I still play the game and was a huge fan but Bioware keeps screwing up.

If 80% of the players have less than 400K, why all these huge money sinks?

Because they think end game is dailies. Wake up Bioware while you still have players.

Got a new item epic item? Augment fees.

Need to respec to help your guild do some content? Fee.

Respec for pvp? Fee.

Want to customize how your character looks? Bankrupt yourself or run dailies ad nauseum.

Check out the new cool legacy rewards? Oh, that's an expense, too.

Do you even remember that WE are CUSTOMERS Bioware? Nickle and dime me every step? Hmm, I do have a choice in what games I play.

Are you listening? Are you listening at all?

Edited by Jedi_Tyran

I have dealt with the cost of taking mods out of armor. I have come to terms with the cost of training as you level up. I understand the exorbitant cost of legacy perks.

However, I have come across the money sink that breaks the camels back.

Paying money, to the modification station, to put Augmentation slots into your armor. It's ridiculous. I makes no sense. And frankly, it's just plain dumb. It's a small amount of money, not that much per level, I understand. But it doesn't make sense. You not only have to pay for the Augment slot, and the Augment itself, but you have to pay to put the augment slot into your armor.

1000, 2500, 4000, 6000, 15000, and 30000 Credits.... To put one augment slot of your level into ONE peice of gear. That adds up. So if I was say, butting MK-1's into every piece of just my main gear (chest, hands, boots, legs) gear, it would cost 4000 credits. MK-1's are for level 9 augments. /facepalm.

I don't understand. Could someone please explain it to me in a way that makes sense?

i had to read this a couple times to understand it..... made me chuckle.

you paid to remove mods? why? lol

as far as the aug slots go.... if you had any sense you would have just made mk6 slots and put those in your gear. then all you need do is replace the augs as you level. rocket science it ain't.

Are you listening? Are you listening at all?

I think that they hear us, but they don't actually listen. The people in the forums are seen as a bunch of QQers and Whiners. BW thinks they know what's best for their players, and in many cases, they probably do. But not in every case. We're not a bunch of whiners. We have valid poitns and valid concerns. We're not all whining idiots. We want your game to suceed. And you're not going to keep your player base if you force them to farm credits for credit sinks while waiting for you to develop new content.

Of course there are people out there who say that things like augments and legacy perks are optional, and you don't have to get them, and why don't you just enjoy the game already? It doesn't matter that it's optional. 90% of the game should be reasonably accessible to all of the player base. Meaning you can lower the cost of most of the legacy perks and have still have a few that are ridiculously over priced. That's cool. Make certain things elite. But when you have everything at a price like that it just takes away my will to try for anything.

I understand that this is an MMO and that MMOs take time and work to get what you want, but this is ridiculous. Instead of playing my fun alts, I'm forced to farm on my high level characters to even get the money to do what I want with my alts. Please make more sense.

Back to the start, augment slots for a level 9 should not cost 1,000 credits each to install into a piece of armor. People at level 9 don't have that kind of money.

Edited by chimunga

i had to read this a couple times to understand it..... made me chuckle.

you paid to remove mods? why? lol

as far as the aug slots go.... if you had any sense you would have just made mk6 slots and put those in your gear. then all you need do is replace the augs as you level. rocket science it ain't.

You have to pay to remove mods, yes. And I do. And you're totally missing the point of the post. I'm talking about the cost to INSTALL the augment slot into your armor.

So you're suggesting on all my alts (who are all around lvl 30) I should install MK-6's on all their gear, which (GTN price aside), would cost 30,000 credits to install per piece of gear? That, sir, is dumb.

I already have to make and/or pay for the augment kit, why in the world do I have to pay to put it in.

Though I agree with the OP, how about everyone just comes up with some constructive criticism rather than launch into another Bioware bashing frenzy. Players wonder why they don't communicate much in the forums and stick to social networking means. So many good threads but then players ruin it with the negativity. I wouldn't listen to feedback if I was being called incompetent among other things.

Anyways, yeah the credit sinks are becoming way too frustrating. It's enough that we have to pay to rip out mods, crafters have to pay to farm the materials needed for the kits, but now we have to pay to augment the gear. Way too many credits sinks. I like the Legacy System but I'm not touching anything on it, just isn't worth the credits.

My favorite part is the effort put into a overly complicated "appearance customization" system. At end game it costs WAY TOO MUCH to keep stripping mods from my armor and moving to social or orange customization gear. I don't even bother and just wear whatever gear drops. Even if I look like a complete clown or everyone else. I would rather play an alt than have to grind out dailies. Cost of pulling Item Mods is stupid high. Would rather spend those credits on new gear or perks.

Why not just do the wardrobe tab like so many other games have done? Its a good system.

What they should have done is what Funcom have done for The Secret World, stat increase items are separate from your appearance gear, you can wear whatever you want and it won't affect your stats. Seriously, I've never cared about appearance gear in an MMO before, i've spent hours in Pangea in London checking different clothing options, and I spent half my in game cash on a red/black corset. And then I spent 10 bucks in the cash shop for a fluffy white coat, knee high boots and fingerless black gloves with a german style cross on them, my red headed chick toon looks awesome running around with a giant axe in one hand and a tribal mask in the other. She's also rocking a black/white tartan skirt and hippie glasses with rose lenses. It's awesome.

Though I agree with the OP, how about everyone just comes up with some constructive criticism rather than launch into another Bioware bashing frenzy. Players wonder why they don't communicate much in the forums and stick to social networking means. So many good threads but then players ruin it with the negativity. I wouldn't listen to feedback if I was being called incompetent among other things.

Anyways, yeah the credit sinks are becoming way too frustrating. It's enough that we have to pay to rip out mods, crafters have to pay to farm the materials needed for the kits, but now we have to pay to augment the gear. Way too many credits sinks. I like the Legacy System but I'm not touching anything on it, just isn't worth the credits.

You're totally correct. I hate those useless pointless comments that just say "BW sucks, Whaddya expect?" Of course they're not going to listen to use when that's all they read. I wouldn't either.

BW went overboard by making ALL item slots augmentable. If they'd done this for all previously augmentable slot (possibly also offhands) it would have been fine. Sadly this is irreversible.

Being forced to work inside a game (you allready pay real money for to play) has allready burnt me out on another MMO.

Edited by Bokamon

Why are you people crying over stats on any character sub 50? from 1-40, as long as the gear is within 5 lvls of your lvl you are set. Getting an augment slot to hit 5 higher isn't necessary. Spend more time leveling then the gear lol

Why are you people crying over stats on any character sub 50? from 1-40, as long as the gear is within 5 lvls of your lvl you are set. Getting an augment slot to hit 5 higher isn't necessary. Spend more time leveling then the gear lol

If they're so useless, then why are they in the game? If they're made specifically for level 50's, they should just be for 50's. If they're actually meant for low level characters, they should be priced appropriately.

If they're so useless, then why are they in the game? If they're made specifically for level 50's, they should just be for 50's. If they're actually meant for low level characters, they should be priced appropriately.

They are on lower levels because gear can be crafted with them at lower levels and always could, low level augments have always been able to get, no one is forced to use them.

You have to pay to remove mods, yes. And I do.

no.... my first point was.... why do you remove mods? presumably you are putting something better in so the thing you are, unecessarily, paying to remove is of no real use to you. so why pay to remove it? i'm baffled, so enlighten me please.

And you're totally missing the point of the post. I'm talking about the cost to INSTALL the augment slot into your armor.

So you're suggesting on all my alts (who are all around lvl 30) I should install MK-6's on all their gear, which (GTN price aside), would cost 30,000 credits to install per piece of gear? That, sir, is dumb.

I already have to make and/or pay for the augment kit, why in the world do I have to pay to put it in.

no i didn't miss the point at all.... if your toons are lvl 30ish why are you bothered about augments anyway? at that level they make very little difference to anything. ok, if you get a bit of gear with an aug slot fine.... but for toons that level there is no point chasing it until you have the credits to be able to afford it.

as far as putting mk6 slots on gear... its not dumb, its forward planning. if the gear is modable you can, for pve, keep it all the way to lvl 50. atm i am leveling a shadow. i bought the low level legacy gear for it and put mk6 slots on all of it.

as for your final point it is akin to saying - 'i bought this blu-ray disk why on earth would i have to buy a blu-ray player to play it.'