Patch Note?

Slowpokeking

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"All game servers will remain online during this period. Please be sure to restart your game launcher at 11AM CDT (9AM PDT/12PM EDT/5 PM BST/6PM CEST/2AM AEST) in order to download the deployed patch. If your launcher was open during the deployment, you must close and reopen it for a fresh login. Patch notes will be made available shortly after deployment."

Here ya go:

They've taken out the Bh weekly, they've added a number of graphics glitches such as: a random white screen that appears over your character selection page, UI staying visible on the loading screen, and I'm sure more I have yet to encounter.

In other words, broken again more than they fixed. And I had no graphic issues whatsoever post 1.4, at max settings (I'm running a decent machine though).

General

Improved performance for players using NVIDIA graphics cards in an SLI configuration. (Please use the default SLI setting or AFR2, as AFR1 will result in poor performance with SWTOR.)

Corrected an issue that could prevent players from exiting their personal starship after completing Group Finder content.

This is underwhelming.

Can we at least get some official reaction to the multiple documented bugs in 1.4 and plans to resolve them?

There is a great thread documenting many of them that has had no official reaction.

Edited by Muwarr

So they didn't take out the dailies yet they're gone anyway, and while I'm using a card that falls under the category of ones they've fixed things for, I had no graphics errors prior to this new patch whereas I do now?

Maybe I'm just tired, but that makes no sense at all.

I think they are working on fixes and deploying what they are ready to. I'm in the same boat, but let's them work. They deployed this patch with no downtime, lets be happy for that, at least.

See, I'd rather have some downtime if that's what it takes for them to deploy a patch properly. Because clearly this did not work, and its just going to have to come down later tonight to be fixed again. Say you have an issue with your carpet getting wet because your roof is leaking. You don't just replace the carpet, because its just going to get wet again the next time it rains. You replace the roof, and the new carpet stays dry.

They are already trying to fix these problems, let's give them some time.

Unacceptable.

They have a PTS and players willing to find all of these bugs for them (for free I might add) and prevent horrible update releases like 1.4.

Why they do not utilize free labor to help put out a better product is beyond me.

Instead of using the PTS to track down and fix all (heck, even SOME) of the 50+ "known" bugs that appeared with update 1.4 they continue to release sub-par updates that breaks more than it adds.

We just now got a patch that does almost nothing for the vast majority of the customer base who are suffering from such a shoddy release, and addresses only two things.

I am still here...

I will continue to pay and play...

But it is things like this that will eventually cause me to walk away in disgust and look for greener pastures.

See, I'd rather have some downtime if that's what it takes for them to deploy a patch properly. Because clearly this did not work, and its just going to have to come down later tonight to be fixed again. Say you have an issue with your carpet getting wet because your roof is leaking. You don't just replace the carpet, because its just going to get wet again the next time it rains. You replace the roof, and the new carpet stays dry.

So the SLI aren't working? I have to try later cause I'm at work.

I think they are working on fixes and deploying what they are ready to. I'm in the same boat, but let's them work. They deployed this patch with no downtime, lets be happy for that, at least.

Unfortunately, their so called patch created even more bugs where they did not exist before and did not even fix what the patch indicated they were fixing :(:( Guess it is time to just give up and move on :(:(