the new best in slot?

I saw mention of the Internal Damage Proc that goes off (30% chance) every 4.5 seconds being better than stacking two WH relics. I was going to test both ways to see which one is better, but I'm pretty sure this makes the Matrix Cube, even though it's been minorly upgraded, now 3rd tier which means that'll now be sitting in our inventory.

I saw mention of the Internal Damage Proc that goes off (30% chance) every 4.5 seconds being better than stacking two WH relics. I was going to test both ways to see which one is better, but I'm pretty sure this makes the Matrix Cube, even though it's been minorly upgraded, now 3rd tier which means that'll now be sitting in our inventory.

When i used the internal and kinetic relics, they only did about 15k damage average during these fights. Now with more stats, i'll be hitting the boss less making the chance to proc this relic less and less. So after factoring in # of hits and chance to proc, would you still think so?

Also yes, Matrix cube is obsolete. 113 power = 25.99 bonus damage, 66 strength = 11.22 bonus damage. This would make it obsolete really.

Edited by Digital_Blade

When i used the internal and kinetic relics, they only did about 15k damage average during these fights. Now with more stats, i'll be hitting the boss less making the chance to proc this relic less and less. So after factoring in # of hits and chance to proc, would you still think so?

Also yes, Matrix cube is obsolete. 113 power = 25.99 bonus damage, 66 strength = 11.22 bonus damage. This would make it obsolete really.

Well, the mention of using internal proc relic was from a Madness Sorc which does the same thing Bleed Sent and Mauras do. There's so many dots proc'ing and such that it's almost guaranteed to proc every 4.5 seconds. Basically, if you got a proc every 4.5 seconds that would be the same as 3 GCDs with 25.99 bonus damage, so the interal proc is better. Way better. Even if you push it to 6 seconds (4 attacks) or 7.5 seconds (5 attacks), it's still better. I'm not factoring in the bonus damage on bleeds, but I still believe a proc every 6 seconds would be better than the power.

But that's why I plan to test when I get home. If it's negligible I'll probably go with the Internal Proc relic since it has more Endurance.

Prior to 1.3, the proc relic was very slightly better than the "on use +405 power" relic. And I personally used the use relic because I liked using it on "window" fights where you have to burst. I'm fairly certain that the 113 Power all the time will easily overcome a maximum of X damage every 4.5 seconds (max). Of course it's easy to test on a dummy, maybe I will when I get home :)

Prior to 1.3, the proc relic was very slightly better than the "on use +405 power" relic. And I personally used the use relic because I liked using it on "window" fights where you have to burst. I'm fairly certain that the 113 Power all the time will easily overcome a maximum of X damage every 4.5 seconds (max). Of course it's easy to test on a dummy, maybe I will when I get home :)

Yeah, I tested it, but only once with the Proc and once with WH and the DPS was negligible between the two. So, for now, I'll probably use the WH + Proc combo so that I can get the extra Endurance.

Edited by Lostpenguins